Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

My intuition....

1.) I know 0 people that work there, but my belief is that Elon feels that Twitter does not need even half of current employees to run the place, I think he knows hundreds more will leave after finding employment elsewhere. So the executives leaving is a non-factor as he believes he can just plug in his Tesla engineers to improve the platform.

2.) He has proven he doesn't care about advertising, otherwise why fire the head of advertising relations?

3.) Subscriptions is the only way this thing ever makes money. I think instead of charging everybody 8$ he should charge people who make the most off of twitter and charge them depending on the value twitter provides. They know for instance how many times a link to a book is clicked on by an author etc...If I as an author am makings tens of thousands from twitter exposure, what is $100 per month? They need to become more B2B

4.) All these tech companies sans Apple/Microsoft over hired during the pandemic. I know because I was almost hired at one of these places, thank god I didn't make the leap, I would be out of work right now :lol:

Last edited:
Well hopefully the parody accounts knew what they were doing to stay hidden.

it's the platform and elon they'll go after

we saw how quickly the changes came when things got personal.. also we've seen numerous safety nets removed

but dude was obviously already bleeding advertisers

Oh yeah I don’t care about that.

Only the individuals who made the parody. Sue Elon to high hell and it will make it even funnier.

1668205558149.png

My intuition....

1.) I know 0 people that work there, but my belief is that Elon feels that Twitter does not need even half of current employees to run the place, I think he knows hundreds more will leave after finding employment elsewhere. So the executives leaving is a non-factor as he believes he can just plug in his Tesla engineers to improve the platform.

2.) He has proven he doesn't care about advertising, otherwise why fire the head of advertising relations?

3.) Subscriptions is the only way this thing ever makes money. I think instead of charging everybody 8$ he should charge people who make the most off of twitter and charge them depending on the value twitter provides. They know for instance how many times a link to a book is clicked on by an author etc...If I as an author am makings tens of thousands from twitter exposure, what is $100 per month? They need to become more B2B

4.) All these tech companies sans Apple/Microsoft over hired during the pandemic. I know because I was almost hired at one of these places, thank god I didn't make the leap, I would be out of work right now :lol:
the mkbhd video argued the opposite. the reason YT is so popular with creators is they give a large portion of the profits back to the creators. he argues that advertisement (as opposed to subscription) is much more likely to succeed and turn profits.

charging users to pay basically turns every paid user into an advertiser. time well tell how well this approach works, but I won't be surprised if it backfires. Twitter took off because of how accessible it is across all genres. effective putting a paywall on it is directly opposite to that.

the mkbhd video argued the opposite. the reason YT is so popular with creators is they give a large portion of the profits back to the creators. he argues that advertisement (as opposed to subscription) is much more likely to succeed and turn profits.

charging users to pay basically turns every paid user into an advertiser. time well tell how well this approach works, but I won't be surprised if it backfires. Twitter took off because of how accessible it is across all genres. effective putting a paywall on it is directly opposite to that.
Youtube is a very different platform though. Hence why mkbhd has 3X the subscribers on YT as he does followers on twitter. I would argue mkbhd brings ZERO value to twitter, but twitter offers traffic (clicks) access to his yt videos.

He does bring a lot of value to yt though, hence why the model works there.

The entire twitter debacle reminds me of the time NT moved from yuku and someone created an alternate NT while the new NT was coming online. People could sign up without waiting, cursing was allowed and fake NT moderators were everywhere. For those 3 days things were wild. Eventually folks were directed to the new NT and the fake NT changed their name to sneakertalk or something. Can’t believe NT’s experience is being played out on a greater scale. This is why Methodical Management Methodical Management is himself and Elon is Elon. One handled things with class the other is Elon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom