Elle lightens Gabourey Sidibe's skin for cover.

Who would buy that?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

they shouldve spread her eyelids a little bit....i dont want people thinking shes asian.

roll.gif

and
laugh.gif
at dude who said "they put her weight right on the cover"
laugh.gif
  why'd u edit it?

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

they shouldve spread her eyelids a little bit....i dont want people thinking shes asian.

roll.gif

and
laugh.gif
at dude who said "they put her weight right on the cover"
laugh.gif
  why'd u edit it?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by Al Audi

no biggie.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

WOuld you beat if she offered to buy you a brand new Ferrari F430?

yes. with great vengeance and furious anger.

missionary style.

looking in her eyes.

Spoiler [+]
2urnouq.jpg

NEWMOANYUH  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

samuel_l__jackson_pulp_fiction.jpg

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

no biggie.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

WOuld you beat if she offered to buy you a brand new Ferrari F430?

yes. with great vengeance and furious anger.

missionary style.

looking in her eyes.

Spoiler [+]
2urnouq.jpg

NEWMOANYUH  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

samuel_l__jackson_pulp_fiction.jpg

Everything about that photo is lighter though. Look at her hair. It's not just her skin.

Hell, you're gonna pick the most flattering photo out of all of them with any ol girl. And then they'll still alter them.

Everything about that photo is lighter though. Look at her hair. It's not just her skin.

Hell, you're gonna pick the most flattering photo out of all of them with any ol girl. And then they'll still alter them.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif
And people wonder why the world laughs at America. This country is WAY too obese. I was actually shocked when I came back from vacation, just disgusting.

When I went to London and Paris, i rarely saw ANY fat people in general, and i didnt see even ONE obese person (obviously they exist there, I just didnt see them). Everyone was either skinny or lean and fit. Similar to cities like SF people there walk so much that its hard to get overweight i guess

Agreed. I spent time in Amsterdam a couple summers ago and saw a very small amount of obese people. Most people walk to work/school over there. However there were a lot of girls that were way too skinny, almost sick looking. It's considered attractive.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

30t6p3b.gif
And people wonder why the world laughs at America. This country is WAY too obese. I was actually shocked when I came back from vacation, just disgusting.

When I went to London and Paris, i rarely saw ANY fat people in general, and i didnt see even ONE obese person (obviously they exist there, I just didnt see them). Everyone was either skinny or lean and fit. Similar to cities like SF people there walk so much that its hard to get overweight i guess

Agreed. I spent time in Amsterdam a couple summers ago and saw a very small amount of obese people. Most people walk to work/school over there. However there were a lot of girls that were way too skinny, almost sick looking. It's considered attractive.

finnns i swear you despise america haha
laugh.gif

Thank the greedy corporations and fast food mentality that are catering to this obese-acceptable mindset.

This cover is telling young ladies that it's okay to be extremely overweight like Gabourey and that is the wrong message to send. Just my .02.
thank the greedy rich corporations who make money off of poor people.

you're right about america being obese in comparison to the rest of the world. when i was in guayaquil, ecuador - a very very poor town btw- i hardly saw any fat people. the difference between here and there is that there, not many people have the money to capitalize off of the poverty.

here though it's a completely different story. in ny at least, if you go to an affluent neighborhood, you'll find an array of health food options and the money to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

however, if you go to a poorer neighborhood, all you will really find is fast food chains. we all know that unhealthy food is cheaper and more affordable than healthy foods, even in grocery stores. hell even if you go to a grocery store in a poorer neighborhood, you will not find the nearly the same options as you would in whole foods. it's difficult for lower middle class families to maintain a healthy lifestyle when they do not have the time (because they are probably working 40+ hrs a week at a dead end job with odd hours to make the rent), resources, or funding to do so.

i'm not trying to contest you, i understand your argument, and i'm not trying to completely defend obese people. my only critique is that you (and many other people) don't really seem to understand both sides of the story. and understanding is conducive to a solution or at least peace.

obesity is obv not healthy and i'm not condoning it but fast food in general needs to be eradicated. stop profitting off of poverty idk

finnns i swear you despise america haha
laugh.gif

Thank the greedy corporations and fast food mentality that are catering to this obese-acceptable mindset.

This cover is telling young ladies that it's okay to be extremely overweight like Gabourey and that is the wrong message to send. Just my .02.
thank the greedy rich corporations who make money off of poor people.

you're right about america being obese in comparison to the rest of the world. when i was in guayaquil, ecuador - a very very poor town btw- i hardly saw any fat people. the difference between here and there is that there, not many people have the money to capitalize off of the poverty.

here though it's a completely different story. in ny at least, if you go to an affluent neighborhood, you'll find an array of health food options and the money to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

however, if you go to a poorer neighborhood, all you will really find is fast food chains. we all know that unhealthy food is cheaper and more affordable than healthy foods, even in grocery stores. hell even if you go to a grocery store in a poorer neighborhood, you will not find the nearly the same options as you would in whole foods. it's difficult for lower middle class families to maintain a healthy lifestyle when they do not have the time (because they are probably working 40+ hrs a week at a dead end job with odd hours to make the rent), resources, or funding to do so.

i'm not trying to contest you, i understand your argument, and i'm not trying to completely defend obese people. my only critique is that you (and many other people) don't really seem to understand both sides of the story. and understanding is conducive to a solution or at least peace.

obesity is obv not healthy and i'm not condoning it but fast food in general needs to be eradicated. stop profitting off of poverty idk

I know we should accept all body types, but I don't get this at all. She is really huge.

I know we should accept all body types, but I don't get this at all. She is really huge.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Readers have also raised questionsabout why Sidibe's cover was cropped close to her face while the otherthree covers--featuring Lauren Conrad, Amanda Seyfried and Megan Foxwere zoomed farther out, showing the women's bodies

.. seriously??

but on the topic of skin color, you need to take into account the flash and makeup, and they probably adjusted the contrast a bit so you can see her better. not everything is about race. a lot of of %%#$ is, but not everything.

it would have to be a pretty far away shot to get her in, which is why they probs went for the face shot 

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Readers have also raised questionsabout why Sidibe's cover was cropped close to her face while the otherthree covers--featuring Lauren Conrad, Amanda Seyfried and Megan Foxwere zoomed farther out, showing the women's bodies

.. seriously??

but on the topic of skin color, you need to take into account the flash and makeup, and they probably adjusted the contrast a bit so you can see her better. not everything is about race. a lot of of %%#$ is, but not everything.

it would have to be a pretty far away shot to get her in, which is why they probs went for the face shot 

Back
Top Bottom