Eli Manning... The Richest Man In Football...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Good for him, the Giants had to get this done with already.

This "richest" stuff won't last long AT ALL.....once the Brees's and Brady's get their extensions.
Agreed.

He def isn't a Top 5 QB.

Disagreed. My top five....

1 - Brees
2 - Brady
3 - Warner
4 - Peyton
5 - Eli

I think Eli is fifth best. Only guy I'd say would challenge him would be a healthy Carson Palmer (go ahead and laugh if you want.)

Romo can't win the big one. Rivers...still to be seen. Rothlisberger, he can win but its his surroundings that make him flourish, not him.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

This "richest" stuff won't last long AT ALL.....once the Brees's and Brady's get their extensions.
Agreed.

He def isn't a Top 5 QB.

1 - Brees
2 - Brady
3 - Warner
4 - Peyton
5 - Eli

I think Eli is fifth best. Only guy I'd say would challenge him would be a healthy Carson Palmer (go ahead and laugh if you want.)

Romo can't win the big one. Rivers...still to be seen. Rothlisberger, he can win but its his surroundings that make him flourish, not him.

laugh.gif

The good thing about the NFL is that despite the ridiculous contracts handed out, most of them aren't fully guaranteed...only $35 mill is guaranteed toEli. I think its safe to say the Giants will cut him sometime within the next 6 yrs.

Eli Manning is not that good and doesn't deserve this kind of contract.

Peyton, Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, McNabb and Romo are all clearly better than Eli. He should've got a contract relative to those guys.

Romo is not "clearly" better than Eli, dude has come up small many times in big spots.

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Roeth, Rivers, McNabb are better QB's, but this is the kind of contract you give to someone you know won't embarrass yourfranchise, Superbowl winner, led them to the playoffs several seasons, etc. He won't have the "richest' contract for very long.

The good thing about the NFL is that despite the ridiculous contracts handed out, most of them aren't fully guaranteed...only $35 mill is guaranteed to Eli. I think its safe to say the Giants will cut him sometime within the next 6 yrs.

Peyton, Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, McNabb and Romo are all clearly better than Eli. He should've got a contract relative to those guys.

QUE!!!????

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The good thing about the NFL is that despite the ridiculous contracts handed out, most of them aren't fully guaranteed...only $35 mill is guaranteed to Eli. I think its safe to say the Giants will cut him sometime within the next 6 yrs.

How the hell is Romo better? I dunno about rivers either

I'm taking Romo over Eli.

Eli has the ring and looked mighty clutch in doing so, but outside of that nice little run to the SB he faltered. I can't take that away from him though,because he did actually do it, but I still gotta go with Romo.

He had his best season last year statistically, and that's with a ******ed Plax shooting himself and never getting fully adjusted (hence the mediocre 2ndhalf besides the Cards, ********, and Panthers game where he was very very efficient).

Romo comes up small too often, but this year he'll probably have his best season without all those distractions there.

McNabb and Roethlisberger over Eli...

Rothlisberger, he can win but its his surroundings that make him flourish, not him.
Eli didn't have weapons the past 2-3 years?

Plax, Toomer, two-1000 yard rushers (Jacobs, Ward), etc.

Originally Posted by JPZx

McNabb and Roethlisberger over Eli...

Rothlisberger, he can win but its his surroundings that make him flourish, not him.
Eli didn't have weapons the past 2-3 years?

Plax, Toomer, two-1000 yard rushers (Jacobs, Ward), etc.
dont forget that defensive line that planted a 35+ point a game tom brady into the turf every other play during the superbowl

Agreed.

He def isn't a Top 5 QB.

1 - Brees
2 - Brady
3 - Warner
4 - Peyton
5 - Eli

Aside from last year (when he posted a 60% completion percentage, 21 td and 10 int) he has been pretty mediocre.

His completion % the previous 4 years was 56.1, 57.7, 52.8, and 48.2 in his rookie year. Not that good. He also threw 20, 18, and 17 picks in the three yearsbefore last year. Is he likely gonna continue his play from last year? Probably, but he's really only had one good year + a playoff run. Other than that hehasn't been very good at all. Certainly not good enough to put him in the top 5 QB's in the league.

I'd rather have Rivers and Ben than Eli...

I really think Eli and Romo are on about the same level... Neither is great, they both have their faults... Eli is still fairly inconsistent and Giants fanswanted his head before that David Tyree miracle grab...

He had his best season last year statistically, and that's with a ******ed Plax shooting himself and never getting fully adjusted (hence the mediocre 2nd half besides the Cards, ********, and Panthers game where he was very very efficient).

Romo comes up small too often, but this year he'll probably have his best season without all those distractions there.

im so sick of hearin about distractions. LIke other players dont deal with distractions. That MOFO better step the F!!! UP!

#!%@ A!!! was cold in Pitts standin by the heater instead of makin plays...

that pissed me off for some reason...but im sick of that excuse.

Back
Top Bottom