ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

This Hovkid dude=
20k566b.jpg

I hope Palin vanishes from the political scene now and doesn't come back. If republicans actually take her 12 idea seriously it will be a new low for theparty.

im done with this thread. its been fun. i cant wait till he gets in the office, and starts the job. well see what he made of then, then the praise will turn tohate im sure. peace

Amazing to see how much thread has "blown up". Again, a day later, regardless who you voted for, this was a historic election and we are a part ofhistory. Hope that things start to get better. From what I have heard, Barack has already started making some concessions on his original econ policy (which isa good thing). We shall see, this is the Dems time, no doubt, make the most of it

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Amazing to see how much thread has "blown up". Again, a day later, regardless who you voted for, this was a historic election and we are a part of history. Hope that things start to get better. From what I have heard, Barack has already started making some concessions on his original econ policy (which is a good thing). We shall see, this is the Dems time, no doubt, make the most of it

I think he's already got a sect. of state in mind. An Im taking your sig.
happy.gif

[h1]Kenya to take day off to celebrate Obama victory[/h1]

Updated 6 hr(s) 10 min(s) ago

By Martin Mutua

President Kibaki has announced a public holiday tomorrow for Kenyans to celebrate the victory of Barack Obama as the new President elect of the United States of America.

Immediately Obama was announced victorious at about 7.05am, Kenyan time, through CNN, a call through to State House Nairobi broke the news.

And Prime Minister Raila Odinga joined Kenyans in congratulating Obama for his victory.

The PM said Obama's victory was a new beginning not only for Africa but the entire world, as it would redefine the wayAmerica relates with not only Kenya but Africa in general.

Raila said Kenyans wished Obama every success in his new endeavour in the years to come.

"I congratulate President elect Barack Obama for the historic election as the President of United States," he said inan interview with The Standard from China, where he is on official business.

Raila said Kenyans were overjoyed at the victory and that it would resonate with hundreds of millions of people around theworld.

"It is indeed time for global renewal. The strong message of hope and a vision for a world engulfed daily with globalchallenges delivered by the president elect during the campaign is admirable, timely and welcome," he added.

Presidential Press Service Director Isaiya Kabi ra told The Standard the President had been watching the unfolding events ontelevision.

"This is a momentous day, not only in the history of the United States of America, but also for us in Kenya. The victory ofSenator Obama is our own victory because of his roots here in Kenya. As a country, we are full of pride for his success," President Kibakisaid.

He said Obama's and the Democratic Party victory was a clear testimony of the confidence the American people have, not only in his leadership and vision for hiscountry, but for the world at large.

Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka has said he hopes an Obama victory will bring greater international peace to theworld.

Kalonzo said he now expected that America would be able to listen to the voices coming from the United Nations.

Kalonzo said had America listened to the UN the war in Iraq would have been avoided which he described as a big mistake. "Ihope the Obama victory marks an end to America's unilateralism and see America committed to multilateralism," he said.

Kalonzo, while congratulating Obama for the win, said whereas Kenyans were excited about his election he was an Americanpresident.

"However, the name of Kenya will always feature in that presidency and what we can do to help Obama is to ensure thecountry is more democratic," he added.

Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and Justice Minister Martha Karua congratulated Obama. Karua said she was happy aboutObama's victory, saying it was a motivation against unjustified discrimination.

Karua who has also declared she will be in the race for Presidency in 2012, said she felt encouraged by the Obamawin.

"It pays to believe in the art of the possible and to remain focused. Obama has liberated the common man, yes we cantoo," the minister stated.

Karua who spoke to The Standard moments after Obama delivered his victory speech, described the developments in America as"very encouraging".

Back
Top Bottom