ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Jimmy Carter was voted into office?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

obama20_16857033.jpg

this one looks ill.
like... "lets get to work."

lets hope he does
Dirty, it seems as if you believe Obama will get nothing done, or will not deliver what he promised, why?
Or am I just interpreting your comments/attitude wrong.....
and by the way, those pictures are spectacular

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

great article by Mark Cuban, if this hasn't already been posted:

http://blogmaverick.com/2008/11/05/proud-to-be-an-american/http://blogmaverick.com/2.../proud-to-be-an-american/
I have said it before, the power of the American Spirit is what separates our country from every other. We have been able to overcome the stupidity that politicians do every year, and will do for ever more. The election of Barack Obama is a shot of adrenaline for those who felt they could never participate in the American Dream.

How do you stimulate and turn around the economy in this day and age ? Motivate those who in the past couldn't , wouldn't or didn't, into those who can and do. Motivate those who can and do, to continue to innovate and increase productivity.

As any successful CEO will tell you, leadership, vision and motivation has far more impact on results than any tax cut or increase. While I prefer lower taxes, I can tell you that no entrepreneur or CEO worth a damn in this country gives up or works less because of a change in tax policy. In this country you work harder to achieve your dreams and goals.

one of the most poignant things i have read regarding this election. +1 for Mark Cuban, that article could be on CNN or something.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

obama20_16857033.jpg

this one looks ill.

lets hope he does
Dirty, it seems as if you believe Obama will get nothing done, or will not deliver what he promised, why?
and by the way, those pictures are spectacular
I gather Dirty's cautiously optimistic.

another stat i saw today that i though was interesting was only 4% of black voters voted for mccain. but this aint never been a color thing to me. its aboutthe change that has been promised. the promises in which made people vote for the man. what if he dosent come through on his promises, what are your thoughtson him then? Would he still be the great man yall make him out to be, or woulld he be the lying crook politician that he really is. i dunno

Originally Posted by ESPNonthescreen

I have said it before, the power of the American Spirit is what separates our country from every other. We have been able to overcome the stupidity that politicians do every year, and will do for ever more. The election of Barack Obama is a shot of adrenaline for those who felt they could never participate in the American Dream.

How do you stimulate and turn around the economy in this day and age ? Motivate those who in the past couldn't , wouldn't or didn't, into those who can and do. Motivate those who can and do, to continue to innovate and increase productivity.

As any successful CEO will tell you, leadership, vision and motivation has far more impact on results than any tax cut or increase. While I prefer lower taxes, I can tell you that no entrepreneur or CEO worth a damn in this country gives up or works less because of a change in tax policy. In this country you work harder to achieve your dreams and goals.

one of the most poignant things i have read regarding this election. +1 for Mark Cuban, that article could be on CNN or something.

smokin.gif
I hope Hovkid is reading this.

Originally Posted by S0rtega2

From HovKids article: " I've worked 50 to 60 hours my entire life, and I don't have a lot left over at the end of the month..." I have to question what he is spending his money on being that he is in the upper class and making over 250 a year...Working that much and not having "much left over at the end of the month" = a
ohwell.gif
from me. "It's hard to weep for families that earn more than 98% of American households", that's how I kind of feel about that.

QFT.

here's my words again.

this one looks ill.

lets hope he does

I don't see how that can be misinterpreted

YOUNGIN33 BUSH WAS A REP. AND HE MESSED UP AMERICA PRETTY BAD SO YEAH I BLAME THE REP PARTY I'M SORRY!! HE WAS A SORRY PRESIDENT AND A CHANGE IS HERE!!!IT'S NOT MUCH MORE MESSING UP WE CAN DO RIGHT ABOUT NOW.. AND AMERICA SPOKE DEM WON NOT ALSO THE PRESIDENT BUT THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE ALSO!!! SO AMERICASPOKE INCLUDING ALL RACES SEXES AND EVERYTHING.. AND YEAH TO ANYBODY WHO SAY BLACK PEOPLE VOTED FOR OBAMA BECAUSE HE BLACK MORE PEOPLE VOTED FOR MCCAIN BECAUSEHE WAS WHITE!!! I WOULD BET MONEY ON THAT ALL DAY. P.S. STOP BEING SALTY AMERICA DECIDED

Obama did better than McCain in people aged 18-35, asians, blacks, hispanics, caucasian men, women, individuals 65 & older & college educatedamericans, is the first democratic president since Carter to get over 50% in the popular votes and recieved the most votes of ANY president in history. Ifthats not a Wilt Chamberlain statline if I ever heard of one.

Its funny how people only point to blacks overwhelmingly spport of Barack but don't point that every other minority group and even white men votedoverwhelmingly for Barack. So anytime somone tries to point out that blacks "voted blindly for Barack" give them those stats. Obama could have gotten99% of all registered black voters and still wouldn't have won the presidency.

Originally Posted by UNCfatfan

NOT MUCH MORE MESSING UP WE CAN DO RIGHT ABOUT NOW..

you crazy, obama could mess it up way more than it is now, or he could change it. might take 4 years before any difference is seen. thats a whole term. thenwhat happenes if he dosent get re-elected?

here's my words again.

this one looks ill.

lets hope he does
I don't see how that can be misinterpreted
Nah that's not the only comment, theres been a few in this thread and others, not that its wrong to dislike his politics, just seems like youreally doubt him from the go.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Originally Posted by UNCfatfan

ooIronMan THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET WORST THAN BUSH!! I HAVE A QUESTION TO ANYONE WHO LIVES IN LOUISIANA!! WHY DID YALL VOTE REPUBLICAN? LIKE THAT PARTY DIDNT DO TOO MUCH WHILE YALL WERE IN THAT HURRICANE CRISIS DOWN THERE I WAS SHOCKED ON THAT ONE.. NOT SAYING EVERYBODY THERE VOTED REP BUT I WONDER WHY
Because Louisiana is filled with close-minded closet racists. In cities like New Orleans, the democratic party basically runs the city. However, it's completely different in Baton Rouge and the rest of the small-town rural cities like Lafayette, Alexandria, Shreveport, etc. All of these places are Republican territory. The only Democratic presidential candidate Louisiana has voted for in recent history is when Clinton landslided Bush 1. Other than that, Louisiana has voted strictly Republican. It's just the way it is. Sadly, alot of people in this state are still hung up on racist, prejudiced thinking.

Yup but you know East BR parish I think or West they went blue, but yea she is right. Outside of N.O in these little small country towns the racism is so badand blatant. There is this bar in Baton Rouge that has rules posted outside. Tell me why one of them says "NoFubu" And during the time of Katrina they had a lot of protest on LSU about the confederate flag being coloured Purple and Gold. Its prettyretarded in this city. NO FTW.

Nah that's not the only comment, theres been a few in this thread and others,

such as?

not that its wrong to dislike his politics,just seems like you really doubt him from the go.
if that's what it seems like...then you're mistaken.

but I don't put much faith into what someone SAYS they are GOING to do... I'll believe it when I see it.

Back
Top Bottom