Edit: extensive listing of foods containing Corn Syrup/HFCS (page 7)

I don't really think its that serious. My grandfather is damn near 80 looks 55 in perfect health and has never worried about any of this stuff. Thestress ya'll cause yaselfs worrying about whats in the food you eat will kill ya'll before the actual food itself i swear.

GrimlocK wrote:

Vitamin water also has reverse osmosis water (fancy term for water with electrolytes) and inverted cane sugar. Is it bad for you...absolutely if you drink high quantities of it but it isn't the worse thing out. Moderation is the key.

didn't know reverse osmosis took minerals out of the water, seems like everything is bad for your health nowadays.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Ehh, the food we consume is basicalyl poison and awful but it is just too much money to buy organic **+!...So I just don't give a **+!.

In the words of Delonte "Chipoltle is a boss"
I think thats a cop out for not trying to be as healthy one can be. In the long you will spend less, for the past year i have consciously tried toeat healthy and have cut out any and all fast food from my diet. i spend on avg 200 to 250 a month on groceries. The key is stock up and to put an emphasis onfruits and vegetables. Im weird and picky with green vegetables like asparagus and broccoli because i dont like them.
laugh.gif
when i do wanna go cheap, Burger King has a side salad for a dollar.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

i think he meant artificial?

also a lot of food coloring and artificial sweeteners are being linked to some bad stuff.

i'm def gonna try an unsweetened, unflavored protein next.

to the poster below me- some peope have great genetics or avoid certain diseases. some people spend all their life outdoors and don't get skin cancer. doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do.

laugh.gif
damn i swear this guy joe cam......

yea i just gonna bring that up, this is a huge one.

ON makes natural protein, Cytosport, who are the others?

they use Stevia instead

all these protein shakes that folks rate the best tasting......like i cant front myofusion taste awesome
laugh.gif

but all this stuff has sucralose.......i do think about this. ive also been tryna go more whole foods. but yea im def looking into this also, ive been puttingit off i wont lie.

yeah man seems like everythings got sucralose in it.....i hear it's better than aspartame but still i've seen stuff about it messing with organ sizeover time...sounds serious. i'm gonna avoid it as much as i can i guess

iceman posted up nutrabio.com a while back, also there's also trueprotein.com......you can build your own on that second one it's pretty dope youshould check it out. they seem better quality than most big-market supp brands too (not surprising)

Originally Posted by daemacho

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Ehh, the food we consume is basicalyl poison and awful but it is just too much money to buy organic **+!...So I just don't give a **+!.

In the words of Delonte "Chipoltle is a boss"
I think thats a cop out for not trying to be as healthy one can be. In the long you will spend less, for the past year i have consciously tried to eat healthy and have cut out any and all fast food from my diet. i spend on avg 200 to 250 a month on groceries. The key is stock up and to put an emphasis on fruits and vegetables. Im weird and picky with green vegetables like asparagus and broccoli because i dont like them.
laugh.gif
when i do wanna go cheap, Burger King has a side salad for a dollar.
laugh.gif

Ahh man I cannot agree with you on this one, I myself am picky but the first things I buy are broccoli and asparagus their the best vegetables to me.

Also for those that want to get more vegetables/fruits in their diet I say buy youself a juicer. You won't be getting the benefit of the fiber from noteating the skin or eating it raw but it is a very healthy practice.

Beets+Carrots+Celery+Apples+Cucummber+Ginger = super 6

I'll eat whatever tastes good... If its not healthy then too bad, I'm too lazy to make a change..

yea i know about those sites never tried em, just heard they are expensive.

it cost money to eat better though..........

goddamn eating really healthy is so difficult nowadays

*googles "preservatives to avoid"*

it's on the pricey side but it's cheaper than the ON pro complex stuff i've been wasting $$ on

you goin for sweetener free stuff or no

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

it's on the pricey side but it's cheaper than the ON pro complex stuff i've been wasting $$ on

you goin for sweetener free stuff or no

im gonna look into it

Stevia the natural sweetner, its what found in ON natural and others

......taste isnt my main concern, but nobody wants to be downin chalk/dirt shakes either
laugh.gif

yeah i feel you. i might cop some of the unsweetened unflavored stuff and throw in some stevia from whole foods or something. i just want 100% WPI and idon't think ON makes anything like that.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

So true but if you can spend the extra money it's worth it.
I know, not too long ago Whole Foods got in trouble for selling products that werent exactly organic.
In my Bio class last semester, the teach really focused on health and going green etc. The book Omnivores Dilemma was a informative read and we had to come upwith potential plans that would help benefit our campus...usage of organic food, more food choices for vegans, reduce the consumption of water bottles...etc

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Al Audi

So true but if you can spend the extra money it's worth it.
I know, not too long ago Whole Foods got in trouble for selling products that werent exactly organic.
In my Bio class last semester, the teach really focused on health and going green etc. The book Omnivores Dilemma was a informative read and we had to come up with potential plans that would help benefit our campus...usage of organic food, more food choices for vegans, reduce the consumption of water bottles...etc

thats another sad thing

companies lyin to us

stuff not livin up to its label claims
tired.gif

The new marketing trend is rebelling against HFCS....
And also as for Mercury, it's also in vaccines among other chemicals
Also can anyone recommend me a good health/medicine blog, been looking for some, thanks

i would try but its in everything..i love ketchup, but I havent seen any bottles without HFCS

i would try but its in everything..i love ketchup, but I havent seen any bottles without HFCS

Back
Top Bottom