Edit: extensive listing of foods containing Corn Syrup/HFCS (page 7)

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Al Audi

yea i know about those sites never tried em, just heard they are expensive.

it cost money to eat better though..........

So true but if you can spend the extra money it's worth it.
I know, not too long ago Whole Foods got in trouble for selling products that werent exactly organic.
In my Bio class last semester, the teach really focused on health and going green etc. The book Omnivores Dilemma was a informative read and we had to come up with potential plans that would help benefit our campus...usage of organic food, more food choices for vegans, reduce the consumption of water bottles...etc

Think about it in the long run though. You may actually be saving yourself from those expensive hospital bills in your 40s
because you ate terrible in your 20s. I guess you could think of it as an investment in your health.

I try to, but damn I love bbq too much. Lately I've been getting rid of soda on my diet thanks to drinking water.

So I just try to eat whatever is best for me.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

SenatorJeffSmith wrote:
I do all my grocery shopping at Whole Food and the local co-op.

I might be a paying more for groceries but I'd rather eat well and not put garbage in my body. Probably 90% of the stuff I consume is organic--- the other 10% is natural without ingredients like corn syrup.

There are organic alternatives to everything I listed in my initial post. There are tons of organic sports drinks out there that are fairly priced and better tasting than anything gatorade makes. Same goes for the other products as well.
What's your weekly/monthly grocery bill look like?

If the cupboard is bare then I'll drop around $170-190 every two, maybe three weeks. Usually around $350 a month which I'm fortunateenough to afford. Although my bills have been under that recently because I stock up on things like bags of brown rice
pimp.gif

That may seem like a lot but keep in mind I never order lunch at work or go to a restaurant--- I always pack.

It works for me. I rarely have stomach aches and I'm rarely sick.

It seems most of you guys are avoiding these things as a precautionary measure--which is good. My mother was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and has foundthat she absolutely has to avoid foods with these things in them or parts of her body will go numb. They're often labeled/titled as something else on thenutrition labels so that consumers won't know to avoid them, too.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^definitely.
although I can't say that I'm going to cut out meat completely, Meth's replies there surely made me rethink my diet a bit.
link?

i stopped drinking milk a while back but then switched to raw milk from grass-fed cows. soy boosts estrogen levels so no way i switch to soy milk but i mightjust drop milk all together.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

^definitely.
although I can't say that I'm going to cut out meat completely, Meth's replies there surely made me rethink my diet a bit.
link?

i stopped drinking milk a while back but then switched to raw milk from grass-fed cows. soy boosts estrogen levels so no way i switch to soy milk but i might just drop milk all together.
http://niketalk.com/topic/191398

^definitely.
link?

i stopped drinking milk a while back but then switched to raw milk from grass-fed cows. soy boosts estrogen levels so no way i switch to soy milk but i might just drop milk all together.
http://niketalk.com/topic/191398

thanks

yeah i actually stopped drinking milk because someone else posted that stuff meth was talking about a while back on here.

the egg stuff was new to me though, i always buy cage free/free range organic eggs but i guess that doesn't make a difference.

the vid didn't go into it but i'm sure getting eggs from such sickly animals is not ideal.

Originally Posted by BallRN23

I know, not too long ago Whole Foods got in trouble for selling products that werent exactly organic.
In my Bio class last semester, the teach really focused on health and going green etc. The book Omnivores Dilemma was a informative read and we had to come up with potential plans that would help benefit our campus...usage of organic food, more food choices for vegans, reduce the consumption of water bottles...etc
I know Walmart got in trouble for that.....I never heard about Whole Foods. Do you have the article on Whole Foods getting in trouble?
It was brought up in class by the teacher, I believe it's in the book I mentioned but I'll try to find some info on it.

Originally Posted by apassionforshoes23

^definitely.
link?

Raw milk from grass-fed cows???? How do you have access?!
tons of farms sell it. there's websites that have directories, look up your state and there will be a bunch of local places to get it.it's illegal in some states though.

as for grass-fed that's what they claim, i have no way of backing it up but some of these farms are these tiny operations so i sorta believe it.

oh also i forgot to mention if you live in cali it's in a lot of health food stores, there's organic pastures raw milk and some other brands too. inmass i haven't found any in stores though, i get it from farms.

dirty-statistically speaking the chances of contracting a disease from raw milk-borne bacteria is exceedingly low. responsible farms test their cattle fordisease to ensure that risk is minimized, but i'm sure that's not foolproof, i admit. it's also said to be healthier than pasteurized milk, and ittastes a lot better.

Think we got a movement going
pimp.gif

What has everyone cut so far?

Me
Beef
HFCS
Artifical Sweetners
White Sugar
White Flour

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

pimp.gif

Me
Beef
HFCS
Artifical Sweetners
White Sugar
White Flour

too much for me
tired.gif
, I could do white sugar and artf. sweeteners and tryto avoid HFCS but beef
eek.gif
naw lol

Beef was really hard and still is, I made the decision two weeks ago. I don't know if I can pull the trigger on chicken and turkey though, or even if Iwant to stop. I have to research those two more. Avoiding HFCS is really difficult imo.

yeah, been avoiding them like crazy lately, very tough realizing that they are everywhere in stuff you thought was really healthy before. the garden is key,always full of beans, lettuce etc. sucks realizing that eating a baked potato is the same for your body as eating a quarter-cup of sugar....

Originally Posted by finnns2003

thats another sad thing

companies lyin to us

stuff not livin up to its label claims
tired.gif
qft man. my advice is... if you're buying organic, try to find farmer's markets. whole foods is 'alright'.

Right. And these lies are legal and regulated by the government... And yall wonder why I dont trust them...
smh.gif

pimp.gif

Me
Beef
HFCS
Artifical Sweetners
White Sugar
White Flour

So you cut beef, but you still eat pork? That's odd... I never did either of them.

Im not a picky eater or a fan or fast food but I guess meat is just a cultural thing that cant be ignored. Of course I could substitute platano and potatoesfor beef. But I like my protein

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by finnns2003

thats another sad thing

companies lyin to us

stuff not livin up to its label claims
tired.gif
qft man. my advice is... if you're buying organic, try to find farmer's markets. whole foods is 'alright'.

Right. And these lies are legal and regulated by the government... And yall wonder why I dont trust them...
smh.gif

pimp.gif

Me
Beef
HFCS
Artifical Sweetners
White Sugar
White Flour

So you cut beef, but you still eat pork? That's odd... I never did either of them.

I haven't eaten pork since I was 8. For the vegans and vegetarians in here, what do you eat for breakfast?

Back
Top Bottom