Edit: extensive listing of foods containing Corn Syrup/HFCS (page 7)

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by J Burner

If people stopped doing everything that someone else told them was bad, then we would all just do nothing and die.

Uh, not quite.

Uh, yea, quite. Name something you like to do, and I can guarantee you that there is someone out there that says its bad for you.

I never liked regular milk, so it's always been chocolate and strawberry. I recently started drinking soy chocolate milk, and it's surprisingly good,I'm gonna try the vanilla flavor next. Also Turkey Bacon is pretty good too, much better than the regular bacon. Whole Wheat is the way to go. I have a fewfarmer markets in my area, I suggest visiting one if you haven't.

smh.gif
�@ them thinking that its good to use thiscrap...Thats the Media for you

I try my best to avoid it, but its hard too. I used to drink Coke every day, but now drink water. Like others have stated, its hard t avoid it when its ineverything we eat.

Angel

man, you guys got me paranoid as hell...

did a little research on the mercury portion of the OPs post and found this list: (it's a little outdated Jan. 27, 2009)

"Overall, we found detectable mercury in 17 of 55 samples, or around 31%," write Wallinga and colleagues.

Here is the list of those products:
  • Quaker Oatmeal to Go bars
  • Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce
  • Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
  • Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
  • Nutri-Grain Strawberry Cereal Bars
  • Manwich Gold Sloppy Joe
  • Market Pantry Grape Jelly
  • Smucker's Strawberry Jelly
  • Pop-Tarts Frosted Blueberry
  • Hunt's Tomato Ketchup
  • Wish-Bone Western Sweet & Smooth Dressing
  • Coca-Cola Classic: no mercury found on a second test
  • Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
  • Minute Maid Berry Punch
  • Yoo-hoo Chocolate Drink
  • Nesquik Chocolate Milk
  • Kemps Fat Free Chocolate Milk
Link: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20090127/mercury-in-high-fructose-corn-syrup

I guess I really need to moderate myself a lot more, but no way in hell can I cut everything HFCS out. And now there are dudes cutting out milk, eggs,meats?!?

And now there are dudes cutting out milk, eggs, meats?!?

That's less to do with HFCS and people wanting to eat less foods from animals for various reasons. Did you see the other thread?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

That's less to do with HFCS and people wanting to eat less foods from animals for various reasons. Did you see the other thread?

i've been jumping back between threads, and i definitely respect the self-control of some of you guys, but these threads have me paranoid ashell
laugh.gif

i think the best i can do is moderate, but i can't cut it all out, that's for sure

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Farmer's markets ftw.

I just switched to fortified soy milk from regular milk after reading Meth's post in the Food Inc. thread.

Also, I'm trying to eat more vegan/vegetarian food but I'm not quitting chicken & turkey.
You too?
laugh.gif
Everyone's getting pulled in by Meth. It's a great thing though

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^definitely.
although I can't say that I'm going to cut out meat completely, Meth's replies there surely made me rethink my diet a bit.
link?

i stopped drinking milk a while back but then switched to raw milk from grass-fed cows. soy boosts estrogen levels so no way i switch to soy milk but i might just drop milk all together.
I dropped it about a month ago and haven't looked back. There are quite a few milk substitutions like almond, hemp, soy, rice, and oat milk.Something for everyone; high carb, low carb, etc. Definitely look into it, you'll never feel deprived.

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

i've been jumping back between threads, and i definitely respect the self-control of some of you guys, but these threads have me paranoid as hell
laugh.gif

i think the best i can do is moderate, but i can't cut it all out, that's for sure

You don't need to cut it out all at once. Make a transition over say, a month, 6 months, a year. Be comfortable with it and you should bealright. Make sure you're informed about your choices.

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

I try my best to avoid it, but its hard too. I used to drink Coke every day, but now drink water. Like others have stated, its hard t avoid it when its in everything we eat.

Angel
It's definitely tough to avoid, but not impossible. If you really want to cut it, then you should be able to. For the past year, I'velearned a great deal and don't eat much, if any processed foods. It's a transition period, and like learning to drive a manual, you'll do itwithout thinking about it eventually. Now, I don't even think about processed foods. I can walk into a grocery store, pick up vegetables, fruits, andgrains exclusively and just leave without thinking twice.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Al Audi

yea i know about those sites never tried em, just heard they are expensive.

it cost money to eat better though..........

So true but if you can spend the extra money it's worth it.
I know, not too long ago Whole Foods got in trouble for selling products that werent exactly organic.
In my Bio class last semester, the teach really focused on health and going green etc. The book Omnivores Dilemma was a informative read and we had to come up with potential plans that would help benefit our campus...usage of organic food, more food choices for vegans, reduce the consumption of water bottles...etc

thats another sad thing

companies lyin to us

stuff not livin up to its label claims
tired.gif
qft man. my advice is... if you're buying organic, try to find farmer's markets. whole foods is 'alright'.

Right. And these lies are legal and regulated by the government... And yall wonder why I dont trust them...
smh.gif

Think we got a movement going
pimp.gif

What has everyone cut so far?

Me
Beef
HFCS
Artifical Sweetners
White Sugar
White Flour

So you cut beef, but you still eat pork? That's odd... I never did either of them.

I haven't eaten pork since I was 8. For the vegans and vegetarians in here, what do you eat for breakfast?
Usually a piece of fruit or shake. Rarely I'll have something like cereal and non-dairy milk or oatmeal.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

^definitely.
although I can't say that I'm going to cut out meat completely, Meth's replies there surely made me rethink my diet a bit.
link?

i stopped drinking milk a while back but then switched to raw milk from grass-fed cows. soy boosts estrogen levels so no way i switch to soy milk but i might just drop milk all together.
I dropped it about a month ago and haven't looked back. There are quite a few milk substitutions like almond, hemp, soy, rice, and oat milk. Something for everyone; high carb, low carb, etc. Definitely look into it, you'll never feel deprived.
my ex-gf is all into the whole vegan/vegeratian thing now and last time i went by her place all she had was rice milk......i was too scared to tryit by itself but i had it with a bowl of cereal and it seemed fine. i'll def try it out.

i've seen the hemp milk and almond milk in stores, never oat milk. could you run down the basics of them for me? like which is more nutritious, whichtastes the most like milk/best tasting, etc.? it'd be much appreciated.

Im not sure if I could stop eating chicken or fish.

I wouldnt mind cutting out milk tho.

I dont ever drink milk unless Im eating cereal which I rarely do.

Im going to cut out things that have HFCS starting today.

Going to start looking into alot more vegan foods.

Good info in here and the Food Inc. thread.

I try not to consume any foods with high fructose corn syrup though it can be difficult with it being such a prevalent ingredient in foods nowadays. Notimpossible though.

I stay away from junk foods. Maybe once every couple of months I'll have something out of the ordinary, but I'm very careful about the foods I buy.It's important to me.

No ketchup or bbq sauce or gatorade. Ur f'n high! U crazy man do u know how insane u sound! U should be medicated! Sorry I'm watching step brothers

yo

i buy annie's organic ketchup at whole foods.

annieOrganic_Ketchup.JPG

Ingredients: Water, *Tomato Paste, *Sugar, *Distilled White Vinegar, Sea Salt, *Onion Powder, *Allspice, *Clove Power.

* = organic ingredients

no HFCS, tastes just like Heinz. I don't know the price but I think it's normal ketchup price, nothing expensive.

yo

annieOrganic_Ketchup.JPG

Ingredients: Water, *Tomato Paste, *Sugar, *Distilled White Vinegar, Sea Salt, *Onion Powder, *Allspice, *Clove Power.

* = organic ingredients

no HFCS, tastes just like Heinz. I don't know the price but I think it's normal ketchup price, nothing expensive.
Yep. Bought a bottle for around $1.90. Good deal.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

^definitely.
link?

I dropped it about a month ago and haven't looked back. There are quite a few milk substitutions like almond, hemp, soy, rice, and oat milk. Something for everyone; high carb, low carb, etc. Definitely look into it, you'll never feel deprived.
my ex-gf is all into the whole vegan/vegeratian thing now and last time i went by her place all she had was rice milk......i was too scared to try it by itself but i had it with a bowl of cereal and it seemed fine. i'll def try it out.

i've seen the hemp milk and almond milk in stores, never oat milk. could you run down the basics of them for me? like which is more nutritious, which tastes the most like milk/best tasting, etc.? it'd be much appreciated.
It really depends on what you're looking for. Most of them come in atleast unflavored and vanilla flavors.
Rice milk is sweet and full of carbs. Perfect to mix with a protein powder postworkout.
Hemp milk has a little bit of everything. Same amount of carbs as rice milk, good amount of EFA's and more protein than rice milk; about 4 grams per cup.I've only ever tried vanilla hemp milk, and it tasted great. I plan on picking it up again after I finish my rice milk.
Almond milk usually comes unsweetened, so it can be really bland. It, like hemp milk has a good deal of healthy fats. An average cup has about 40 calories, 25of which are from fat. Very few carbs, good for anyone going low carb, and 1 or 2 grams protein.
I've never tried oat milk before, but I've seen it. It seems like it'd be very similar to rice milk, but I wouldn't know too much.

But as you can see, there is a good variety to choose from. If you want to go low carb, pick up almond milk. If you want low fat, go with rice or oat milk. Ifyou want a little bit of everything, go with hemp milk.

yo

annieOrganic_Ketchup.JPG

* = organic ingredients

good stuff huh?

Originally Posted by apassionforshoes23

Originally Posted by finnns2003

yo

annieOrganic_Ketchup.JPG

* = organic ingredients

good stuff huh?

Remember pH levels though. Heart burn? Too much acidity (generally after a plate of meat sauce spaghetti, a soft drink, some liquor, a beer... when does the acid stop being consumed?) will destroy your health. I'm not knockin' ketchup, but try to appreciate milder flavors.
i try to avoid psuedo-science like that.

but if you're so worried, have a tums after you eat. it's very basic and will neutralize the acidity in your stomach a little.

ketchup and other processed tomato products have way higher levels of lycopene than regular tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom