Early Releases are High Quality Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im about to cop fake concords to wear to the gym.. dropped $200+ on my real blk/red 13s and the sole separated in ONE GAME!  ONE GAME to 21 lol.. I'm all for fakes as long as they are represented as fakes.. how the ____ Jordan going to put out basketball shoes you can't ball in.. Fakes are higher quality cand lower price AND readily available.. Just wanted to put that out there.. If you sell fakes as real tho you should be shot.

Fake shoes are not better quality that's b.s. Not to say the quality of the real deal is all that great but fake shoes are inferior. Btw buying And selling fake shoes is never acceptable and here is why:

Let's say you buy a fake pair n use them n decide to sell them and you tell the person they were "greymarket" aka fake and then that person sells them and the next and the next etc. Before you know it their circulating as "real" and some unsuspecting buyer buys them. While to each their own if you

@ninjahood this definitely isn't just a Jordan problem need to start a thread in the retro or Nike section.

Im about to cop fake concords to wear to the gym.. dropped $200+ on my real blk/red 13s and the sole separated in ONE GAME!  ONE GAME to 21 lol.. I'm all for fakes as long as they are represented as fakes.. how the ____ Jordan going to put out basketball shoes you can't ball in.. Fakes are higher quality cand lower price AND readily available.. Just wanted to put that out there.. If you sell fakes as real tho you should be shot.

Fake shoes are not better quality that's b.s. Not to say the quality of the real deal is all that great but fake shoes are inferior. Btw buying And selling fake shoes is never acceptable and here is why:

Let's say you buy a fake pair n use them n decide to sell them and you tell the person they were "greymarket" aka fake and then that person sells them and the next and the next etc. Before you know it their circulating as "real" and some unsuspecting buyer buys them. While to each their own if you
Im saying the person who decides to call them real and sell them is a ____.  If I cop fake Jays they are solely for personal use and destruction.. 

and I've had fake white ups that never creased and were indistinguishable from real.. never bought fake jays YET.. just saying its very possible to have better quality..

Knowing your shoes has a big role to play in this debate. If your not that experienced or are unsure if the early release shoes you plan to buy are real or not dont buy them. 

The price they are paying for the shoes is below retail, which points to the fact they’re fake.

How often do you see a shoe that retails $160 being sold for $140ish via a reseller? Not Often.

a seller will determine their price based on how much they paid for it and how much they think the market will allow. so a lower price for an early release doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake.

assuming the goal of the seller is to make a profit, the only thing a lower price let's you know is that the seller / re-seller probably bought that product at a lower price. that's it.

or the reseller could have bought stock under the table from an employee (at employee discount) since a retailer will receive stock a few days to a few weeks before hand. and the reseller could still make a profit if they sell it for below retail.

there's any number of explanations why a price may be lower than retail, but authenticity isn't the only reason . . .

Last edited:
Grey market/Early releases all the same b.s fake kicks to me. IMO if they not signed off by NIKE then there not legit no matter the materials. 

@ninjahood this definitely isn't just a Jordan problem need to start a thread in the retro or Nike section.
there isn't a thread because they DONT exist.

its that da demographic of JB customers are EXTRA whiny compared to that of nike retros.

foamposites are sold by those same retailers and go thru da same supply channels and ZERO is questioned

about em because frankly you can't MAKE a foamposite sneaker with real material and real carbon fiber isn't in

a factory that doesn't have ties to nike.

copper-foamposite-nike-factory.jpg

you think EVERY pair of these copper foamposites didn't have a glue stain here and there and slightly different stitching

from da next pair? things are made on a assembly line, they aren't EXACTLY da same..ya cant be so quick to scream FAKE

at da SLIGHT differences of things like kicks..imagine judging da authenticity of something like levis jeans when there is SOOO

many variables that come a shipment of da same pair, same style, same size.

then when you factor in da grey market scenario (making my own levis in da factory in da off hours) it makes even more

variable.

da problem i have with da detractors of these sites and ya REFUSAL to acknowledge that there are instances where people

DO have da power to create runs of REAL sneakers out of thin air and they are LEGIT, but UNAUTHORIZED..da space jam

thread was a CLEAR example of that. doesn't make em fake at all, but it does make em grey market pairs.

Grey market/Early releases all the same b.s fake kicks to me. IMO if they not signed off by NIKE then there not legit no matter the materials. 
horrible logic.

do you know why da original ewings were discontinued?

da company that patrick ewing contracted to manufactor his sneakers were double dealing and making entire runs of his shoes

on da back end and selling them to other markets without his consent. both da pairs coming out da back end and da pairs that

were in footlocker back in da day were identical to each other.

horrible logic.

da company that patrick ewing contracted to manufactor his sneakers were double dealing and making entire runs of his shoes

on da back end and selling them to other markets without his consent. both da pairs coming out da back end and da pairs that

I understand what you are saying but it wouldnt feel right to me no matter what. I dont want to walk around with something on my feet were a ordinary guy cant tell if they real of not but a sneakerhead can. I want something legit from the laces to the box. I just dont want something not from nike (i might sound dumb that thats my opinion)

Allowing Jordan to penetrate you does not make you a sneakerhead.. lets straighten that myth out.  I have emotional connections to real shoes as they return me to my childhood but I'm not paying $200 for a disposable pair of authentic Jays.. I cop real Jays to put on ice and look at like "aww I love you cement IVs *rocks them like infant*" but fakes to ball in (after the blk/red 13s which I waited forever to cop as my training shoes fell apart on contact with a basketball court).  If that makes me less of a sneakerhead in your eyes.. you need to reevaluate your life.  I already had mfers accusing me of rocking fakes on the court because one jump stop and the sole started separating.. playing in authentics is lose lose.. 

Are

its that da demographic of JB customers are EXTRA whiny compared to that of nike retros.

foamposites are sold by those same retailers and go thru da same supply channels and ZERO is questioned

about em because frankly you can't MAKE a foamposite sneaker with real material and real carbon fiber isn't in

you think EVERY pair of these copper foamposites didn't have a glue stain here and there and slightly different stitching

from da next pair? things are made on a assembly line, they aren't EXACTLY da same..ya cant be so quick to scream FAKE

at da SLIGHT differences of things like kicks..imagine judging da authenticity of something like levis jeans when there is SOOO

then when you factor in da grey market scenario (making my own levis in da factory in da off hours) it makes even more

variable.

da problem i have with da detractors of these sites and ya REFUSAL to acknowledge that there are instances where people

DO have da power to create runs of REAL sneakers out of thin air and they are LEGIT, but UNAUTHORIZED..da space jam

thread was a CLEAR example of that. doesn't make em fake at all, but it does make em grey market pairs.

Your trying to say there are no fake foamposites? If that's the case your 110% wrong. As far as the whole Ewing thing you don't have the whole story. It's no where near the same situation. I really don't know what I can and cannot say but it wasn't someone making shoes after hours or in different factories. With these "greymarket" shoes aka fakes there's no quality control. Even if the materials are dead on it doesn't mean anything.

horrible logic.

I understand what you are saying but it wouldnt feel right to me no matter what. I dont want to walk around with something on my feet were a ordinary guy cant tell if they real of not but a sneakerhead can. I want something legit from the laces to the box. I just dont want something not from nike (i might sound dumb that thats my opinion)
they were IDENTICAL.

da problem wasn't da product it was da ethics.

Are

variable.

Your trying to say there are no fake foamposites? If that's the case your 110% wrong. As far as the whole Ewing thing you don't have the whole story. It's no where near the same situation. I really don't know what I can and cannot say but it wasn't someone making shoes after hours or in different factories. With these "greymarket" shoes aka fakes there's no quality control. Even if the materials are dead on it doesn't mean anything.
1. there AREN'T fake foamposite with REAL carbon fiber, doesn't exist.

2. how you gonna tell me i dont have da whole story?
laugh.gif
this was told to me FROM DA HORSE'S mouth, da guy running ewing athletics

told me how da old supplier was double dealing and making da SAME EXACT sneakers and selling em out da back door to other markets

and pocketing da profits without da consent of ewing or his management, its da SAME situation.

3. if da materials are "DEAD ON" then they're not fake, you're conflating a ETHICS issues which has substance but

is irelevant to da topic at hand which is if da sneaker is IDENTICAL material wise because they came from da same factory then

they are REAL/LEGIT pairs that are unauthorized aka grey market pairs.

Last edited:

2. how you gonna tell me i dont have da whole story? :lol: this was told to me FROM DA HORSE'S mouth, da guy running ewing athletics

told me how da old supplier was double dealing and making da SAME EXACT sneakers and selling em out da back door to other markets

and pocketing da profits without da consent of ewing or his management, its da SAME situation.

3. if da materials are "DEAD ON" then they're not fake, you're conflating a ETHICS issues which has substance but

is irelevant to da topic at hand which is if da sneaker is IDENTICAL material wise because they came from da same factory then

#1 Who said there were fake foamposites with real carbon fiber? Where did I write that? And if the materials are dead on their not fake? :lol: Your comical. These "greymarket pairs" aka FAKES, are 9.9 times out of 10 not dead on to what actually hits the stores. Forget Ethics, theres no quality control over those shoes the quality is usually not on point. The video below pretty much sums it up. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW CLOSE THEY ARE TO WHAT ACTUALLY RELEASES FAKE IS FAKE., the only difference now is that the fakes are closer than ever.

Yea that guy you speak of, I know him very well and trust me when i say you don't know the whole story.

#2 Ewing Athletics was run WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY different than Nike, it was a very unique situation and that ONE MAN that was back dooring product had complete power over what was being made. They weren't saying he couldn't make them he was the one in power to make the decisions of what and how much was being made. They had shoes that were hitting retail stores that didn't even match up some said next sports some didn't, he did what he wanted to with the logo's, designs etc. Nike is not run like that. Like I said, I'm not going to get into all the details since you heard it from the horses mouth by all means contact him.

2. how you gonna tell me i dont have da whole story?
laugh.gif
this was told to me FROM DA HORSE'S mouth, da guy running ewing athletics

#1 Who said there were fake foamposites with real carbon fiber? Where did I write that? And if the materials are dead on their not fake?
laugh.gif
Your comical. These "greymarket pairs" aka FAKES, are 9.9 times out of 10 not dead on to what actually hits the stores. Forget Ethics, theres no quality control over those shoes the quality is usually not on point. The video below pretty much sums it up. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW CLOSE THEY ARE TO WHAT ACTUALLY RELEASES FAKE IS FAKE., the only difference now is that the fakes are closer than ever.

Yea that guy you speak of, I know him very well and trust me when i say you don't know the whole story.

#2 Ewing Athletics was run WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY different than Nike, it was a very unique situation and that ONE MAN that was back dooring product had complete power over what was being made. They weren't saying he couldn't make them he was the one in power to make the decisions of what and how much was being made. They had shoes that were hitting retail stores that didn't even match up some said next sports some didn't, he did what he wanted to with the logo's, designs etc. Nike is not run like that. Like I said, I'm not going to get into all the details since you heard it from the horses mouth by all means contact him.
1. how many times is that cool grey video gonna get posted, his OPINION =/= facts

da facts of da matter is they are using EXACT materials from da SAME molds. he states "i dont care if its da same material

or same molds, if its not coming from nike its fake" and i DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT and alot of people side with me in that stand point.

it is DEFINITELY a ethics issue because if a PERSPECTIVE and not PRODUCT can change whether something is viewed as fake

or real then da WHOLE guidelines doesn't have a leg to stand on.

2. ewing athetics is da SAME exact issue except its consolidated. i spoke to homie in GREAT detail about it, and HE

would SIDE WITH ME in terms of what grey market sneakers are, they DEFINITELY aren't fake, its UNAUTHORIZED runs like da ewings.

ask him yourself.

1. how many times is that cool grey video gonna get posted, his OPINION =/= facts

da facts of da matter is they are using EXACT materials from da SAME molds. he states "i dont care if its da same material

or same molds, if its not coming from nike its fake" and i DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT and alot of people side with me in that stand point.

it is DEFINITELY a ethics issue because if a PERSPECTIVE and not PRODUCT can change whether something is viewed as fake

or real then da WHOLE guidelines doesn't have a leg to stand on.

2. ewing athetics is da SAME exact issue except its consolidated. i spoke to homie in GREAT detail about it, and HE

would SIDE WITH ME in terms of what grey market sneakers are, they DEFINITELY aren't fake, its UNAUTHORIZED runs like da ewings.

ask him yourself.

I've argued him already on the subject, its not the same thing. As I stated before Ewing athletics was a very unique situation. Their retail product wasn't even uniform that individual was basically running around doing whatever the hell he wanted to. If there is no uniformity to your retail product what is there to compare?

And Opinion? He dissected the shoe, he pointed out the differences, thats not opinion thats fact.
Different glues, different quality standards, unauthorized = fake. By your logic I could stitch and print up a bunch of Nike shirts in my house using the same materials for tags and same material for their shirts yet their still legit? **** fake is fake. I understand why people are arguing they shouldn't be considered fake but the fact of the matter is regardless of it being an ethical issue its also a consumer issue. Take one high quality "grey market" shoe and call it legit your saying all of them are legit and they aren't. They aren't held to specific quality standards and therefore the consumer doesn't know what their going to get and has no recourse when what they receive doesn't match the description. Then that person is hell bent on getting rid of them and puts them out in the market for some unsuspecting individual to be stuck with them. Support that all you want, I'll never roll with that.

Ninja just doesn't get it. He thinks that just because materials are the same that the shoe is the same. A lot of times the materials aren't the same. Sure, the patent leather is the same, the mesh upper, all that. But I think a lot of times like stitching, glues, etc....are not the same materials. Why is the stitching so sloppy all of the time. And in cases like the beige midsoles on the white cement 4s...what the hell is that? Ever seen a footlocker pair with beige midsoles? Nope. Ever seen anyone make a video about beige midsoles or see thru paper from a pair from footlocker? Nope. Sure, that airbag in the cool grey 11 video is a nike airbag...BUT THERE WAS NO AIR IN IT. It was a flat, uninflated airbag. The phylon midsole was so soft that it could be torn apart with your hands. THESE ARE FACTS. If you wanna call this kind of sloppy production "legit shoes"...then no one can really help you.

Same factory, same materials, same workers, and quality that could pass inspection then it is real. Nike seal of approval doesn't mean ****. You guys have seen pics of Jordans with upside down jumpmans, toe boxes that point the same way, glue all over the upper, stressed out nubuck material, etc. Unauthorized pairs have better quality than the **** we've seen pass through Nike QC. The quality will be at least as good as anything you find in stores. Obviously Nike doesn't care about their seal of approval so I don't either. Unauthorized is not fake. Obviously Nike would say that it is for the sheep that eat that **** up.

Now how often do you see coke mess up on something with their seal of approval? If coke treated their seal of approval like Nike does we'd all be poisoned by now. Thus the coke seal of approval is something you should take seriously. If they had Nike quality control issues then their seal of approval would not matter.

That is all I am saying on this matter.
Goodbye
Unsub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom