Early Releases are High Quality Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Especially considering grey market sneakers have less flaws and the same quality than many shoes bought in store. Like I said before, if "fakes" are starting to have a higher quality than real pairs, I could give a **** about Nike seal of approval

^Especially considering grey market sneakers have less flaws and the same quality than many shoes bought in store. Like I said before, if "fakes" are starting to have a higher quality than real pairs, I could give a **** about Nike seal of approval

funny thing about this, however, retro 1's are 1985 technology, so the $5 fakes from taobao are actually competitive!

The fact of the matter is that money is being made on both ends of the spectrum.  Nike doesn't press this issue because they are still making millions and it doesn't hurt their bottom line.  The black, grey or whatever market doesn't even put a dent in their revenues.  Why break something that isn't broken.  The only thing this does for Nike is give them free advertisement.  When sites like *************, TheShoegame, Nicekicks, etc. show pics of shoes that aren't to be released for months, only adds to the anticipation and cats talking about I need these now.  

Nike is a business and a smart one at that.  Why would they crack down on early releases when all they do is cause the shoe to sell out on release day?  Fakes are bad for the consumer who wants an authentic product and gets shafted.  But for Nike it's free marketing.  Plain and simple.  

The grey market is advertising for Nike. All these blogs and pics. That's why they send sneakers to Bun B, Victor Cruz, Fab and Fat Joe.

I was going to say that Nike needs to get things under control, but Lem1 makes a good point. Nike must have a way of profiting off of this "fake" business. Remember how many poor quality fakes used to be on eBay a few years ago? You'd have to weed through them to find the legit ones. That's gone, and every now and then you hear about the FBI or some other authority busting a few shops producing counterfeit Nike products. Have you noticed that they only crack down on select sites, primarily Air-Randy? Nike is a powerful, multi-billion company. If this was hurting them, they'd take care of it just like that.

No disrespectq intended. But I dont know what any of your post means.
Are you just saying that the materials are the sole driver of authenticity? If so then if I can source the same materials and molds of any brand's signature items I can just make authentic iPods, rolexes, or nikes at home. That's just not the case.
Btw this happens all the time. No frills brand supermarket items are often procured from the same sources as brand names and supplied with identical product but without the branding. By your logic the store would be justified in selling those items as their brand name counterparts.

good point

But I dont even think theyre the same materials

Not all early release sites are fakes. Ive been buying shoes for years and sometimes the shoes i get from these early release sites are better quality than the same exact shoe i got from nike.com. 

Not all early release sites are fakes. Ive been buying shoes for years and sometimes the shoes i get from these early release sites are better quality than the same exact shoe i got from nike.com. 

Last edited:
:rofl:

These fools get there sneakers from Nike reps... Not grey markets from China...

I know this :stoneface:

but it's early advertising just like that is, because that's what Marqueesole and the rest of them post . Which ends up on all the blogs, instagram and message boards to get a buzz going.

Instead of trying to use basic comprehension and use common sense, dudes think they're coming off with jokes and make themselves look foolish in the process.

Last edited:

basically

if i put 4 grey market bred xi's and one "Authorized" bred xi, im sure 99% of yall cant find the non grey market one. there r really messed up grey market ones but 9/10 they are exact same as the store ones.

Early releases are intended to drive up the hype of a particular shoe.  The fact is no one really understands the "early release" concept, why should a shoe be worth twice the amount of money if the same one comes out in several months for retail.  Is Nike selling quantities of early releases to these Internet companies, doubt it.  Most of these companies are consignment shops, they don't have Jordan Accounts, they buy n sell from trade shows and sneaker events.  They never reveal their sources for the shoes, they have "connect".  Yeah they may be from the same manufacturer in China but are these being accounted for by Nike? or by the outsourced company that is making them?   Most early releases have a born date and completion date within the same month, making it more likely for rushed production and quick exit from the factory.  It all goes back to quality control and obvious complications in supply chain management by Nike.  The factories the shoes are made in aren't really monitored heavily. As long as a certain quantity is made by a certain date in order for the model of shoe to be shipped to retail stores in the states or anywhere in the world that's all Nike is worried about.   Its not necessarily hurting Nike's earnings or sales because they are going to sell out every pair that releases, they kind of embrace the concept, no harm no fowl. Obviously celebrities get shoes early, its kind of a marketing tactic, some get it from their "guy" most probably get them from a Nike rep, pop culture will always increase popularity in a shoe, or in anything of that matter.   Any thoughts? 

Last edited:
As someone that's been around the sneaker message boards going back to the late 90s I have to say I'm quite disgusted by the whole thing.

#1 Early release sneakers are fake. There's no ifs ands or maybes. The term early release only started when the masses of unknowledgeable people flocked to the sneaker world. Also, I blame a lot of these vloggers for promoting sites that sell early release. What people fail to realize is these vloggers are getting the shoes for free and are selling themselves out in a major way by promoting them.

#2 Nike is doing something about it. Fighting counterfeits is much more difficult than people realize. Read the Wiki leak on Nike here about their fight against counterfeits. http://www.wweek.com/portland/m/article-18528-mobile.html#_Article

Im about to cop fake concords to wear to the gym.. dropped $200+ on my real blk/red 13s and the sole separated in ONE GAME!  ONE GAME to 21 lol.. I'm all for fakes as long as they are represented as fakes.. how the ____ Jordan going to put out basketball shoes you can't ball in.. Fakes are higher quality and lower price AND readily available.. Just wanted to put that out there.. If you sell fakes as real tho you should be shot.

thats because Nike is g'ing us.. 

this thread should be locked after this comment

If you bought early release pairs you copped fakes for retail+.  Could have just went to Canal St. and saved 150$.

Ok now with that out there.. can someone point me in the direction of some "grey market" concords lol.. DM please

As someone that's been around the sneaker message boards going back to the late 90s I have to say I'm quite disgusted by the whole thing.

#1 Early release sneakers are fake. There's no ifs ands or maybes. The term early release only started when the masses of unknowledgeable people flocked to the sneaker world. Also, I blame a lot of these vloggers for promoting sites that sell early release. What people fail to realize is these vloggers are getting the shoes for free and are selling themselves out in a major way by promoting them.

#2 Nike is doing something about it. Fighting counterfeits is much more difficult than people realize. Read the Wiki leak on Nike here about their fight against counterfeits. http://www.wweek.com/portland/m/article-18528-mobile.html#_Article

Grey market ≠ fake
if i put 4 grey market bred xi's and one "Authorized" bred xi, im sure 99% of yall cant find the non grey market one. there r really messed up grey market ones but 9/10 they are exact same as the store ones.
wrong.

So where's all da foamposite scrutiny when these sites sell those? How comes this wich hunt is

Only a Jordan Brand section issue?

Mental kicks for example got fighter jet foams, why havent we seen examples of these "high quality fakes"? Cuz it doesnt exist...ya ****** tripping over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom