No way. Billy Edelin.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He's probably the most perplexing player I've seen at Cuse
No way. Billy Edelin.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, Billy helped us win a chip.
Maybe I should rephrase then.... Donte is the most perplexing player at Cuse who was supposed to be a STAR.
laugh.gif

The thing is, he actually put up good numbers this year. 18 & 7 as a freshman in the BE is pretty damn good. But that 18 & 7 was with a 41 fg% and 35%from 3. Imagine how much better his scoring and defense would have been if he kept his *#$ in the post more often.

And THAT'S why he's so perplexing.
laugh.gif

Oh, and Hibbert... I like the guy. Seems like a nice kid. But he's nothing more than a Jason/Jarron Collins type of C in the L (with slightly betteroffense). And with that said, I'd still go with Roy over Love if I were a GM.

I've touched enough on Roy...I'll just say he'll have good workouts against the other big men (6'10 and up) in the draft.

I'll throw this comparison out if he lands in a good situation....Rik Smits.

I'm not understanding why people think Mayo should stay one more year...He'll be Top 10 EASY...

I really think his academics is a big factor too.
I think he'd actually be able to get his diploma and graduate early if he stayed for his JR year... The guy came into this year with AcademicAll-American on his shortlist of goals for the year. Dude got his head on straight.

It'd be GREAT for him to be back in Austin next year...

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

id love to see these college kids evolve. the Nba feels just so saturated with young talent, its kind of unappealing quite

Agreed. Can't wait for the 20 year old rule.
pimp.gif

As far as Love,
smh.gif
. Son is gonna get murked in the pros. He's not in shape, his post game is unimpressive, he has NO quickness, and he definitely can benefit from another year of experience. Experience will help b/c he's a guy who will have to rely on craftiness to be a successful player imo. And the best way to get that type of knowledge is by playing/staying.

Donte leaving...
smh.gif

I think I speak for just about every Syracuse fan here... GOOD. I'll support him once he hits the L (like I do every Cuse player), but he clearly is in need of another year or even two of school. He's probably the most perplexing player I've seen at Cuse. I think he'll end up towards the end of the 1st round or start of the 2nd. And I think he'll get drafted mainly on potential. A GM or coach will look at his skillset and think they are getting a 6'10 guy (I think he might actually be almost 7'0 now) who can shoot from deep as well as run the floor. Well I'm gonna tell you now: Donte has no real dribble, no post game whatsoever, is not as fast as some may think, is not as athletic as you may think either, and can't play a lick of D. That Tim Thomas comparison was good, but TT was a better all-around player when he was at Nova I think.

Once workouts start he'll be a possible late lottery mid first off of potential alone...and you can keep waiting for that 2 year rule cause the PlayersAssociation will NEVER agree to it.

How is Love a better player than Roy?

In the L, a big man who can play D is more important than a big man who can mainly score [edit: Actually I shouldn't say "mainly score". Ishould've said a big man who can play D is more important than a big man who's better on offense than he is on defense].

And Roy's D is way better than Love's imo.

Here's an example...

Dikembe Mutombo or Joel Przybilla. Who you taking?

Oh, and

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

OJ
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yup!

I wouldn't say Roy's D is the strength of his game...the skills he developed (bball IQ, passing, post moves, being able to at least have some abilityto put the ball on the floor) are going to pay off in the long run coming from the offense he played in....his numbers and impact weren't what they shouldhave been necessarily, but he's coming away a better basketball player.

He's been a presence at 7'2 and anchored a very good D...but he's not Deke, or even Thabeet.

But, I agree for the most part, and..

Skilled 7'2 > Skilled 6'9

If someone takes Green in the lotto, it's a mistake...not to say he can't turn out good, but...in this draft, I'd go with other guys.

It'll be interesting how the big man shake out..

Brook is definitely #1 amongst them, but then you got Thabeet, Hibbert, Thompson, R. Lopez, McGee, Jordan....

Personally, as of today and what I saw this year...Thompson with Roy close behind is the best outa those 6...

With Thabeet having the most upside

I'd love to see the T-Wolves get either Rose/Mayo with their lottery selection and then see them move a piece from the backcourt (McCants or Foye), grabanother 1st rounder and grab a Thabbett or a Hibbert later in the draft.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I really think his academics is a big factor too.
I think he'd actually be able to get his diploma and graduate early if he stayed for his JR year... The guy came into this year with Academic All-American on his shortlist of goals for the year. Dude got his head on straight.

It'd be GREAT for him to be back in Austin next year...

They would still have the same starting 5 if he comes back correct? It'd be great for college bball if he comes back next year. It's crazy how hehandles being an athlete AND a student and be great at both.

They would still have the same starting 5 if he comes back correct? It'd be great for college bball if he comes back next year. It's crazy how he handles being an athlete AND a student and be great at both.
Yep, they don't lose any significant pieces... And DJ being an All-American on the court and in the classroom is extremely impressive. The kidgets it. He understands the opportunity he's got in front of him with chance to get a degree from a school like Texas, that's really rare.

It'd be nice if DJ decided to come back, and Barnes could land Devin Ebanks to come in with J'Covan Brown next year...

If they got Ebanks, I'd put him in the starting lineup with Augustin/Mason/James/Atchley, and bring AJ Abrams off the bench as a sixth man. AJ coming offthe bench and changing the pace of the game would be
eek.gif
smh.gif

Clint Chapman, Gary Johnson and Dexter Pittman continuing to get better is going to be a big factor for the Horns. If they get production from their bigs likethey did down the stretch of this year, they are going to be really, really good.

and bring AJ Abrams off the bench as a sixth man. AJ coming off the bench and changing the pace of the game would be
eek.gif
smh.gif

Interesting thought and it'd be a nice look....it'd really take some guts on Barnes part to do so with a veteran player used to startingtho....

All I gota say is good luck with Ebanks with those other 3 programs on him too. Huggins and Cal
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....and Fred Hill...well, when there is smoke, there's fire...I can personally attest to one kid there now that was looking for some extra benefitsin his recruitment...and he ended up at Rutgers.

From the article, it seems he'll be waiting on what DJ, Alexander and CDR decide on.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

and bring AJ Abrams off the bench as a sixth man. AJ coming off the bench and changing the pace of the game would be
eek.gif
smh.gif
Interesting thought and it'd be a nice look....it'd really take some guts on Barnes part to do so with a veteran player used to starting tho....

All I gota say is good luck with Ebanks with those other 3 programs on him too. Huggins and Cal
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....and Fred Hill...well, when there is smoke, there's fire...I can personally attest to one kid there now that was looking for some extra benefits in his recruitment...and he ended up at Rutgers.

From the article, it seems he'll be waiting on what DJ, Alexander and CDR decide on.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Hasheen declared???
Not yet...but his family (widowed mother) really has financial issues...hence why he even considered it last year.

He's def gone

I like Hasheen. I wrote on his facebook wall about how he should blow out his hair into an afro for the Big East tournament and he replied that heasked Calhoun but he wasn't having it. Hasheen is good in my book
laugh.gif

If they got Ebanks, I'd put him in the starting lineup with Augustin/Mason/James/Atchley, and bring AJ Abrams off the bench as a sixth man. AJ coming off the bench and changing the pace of the game would be
eek.gif
smh.gif

I'm really liking Atchley's game and bringing Abrams off the bench would be nice against a second unit team when he gets the green light.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom