Dressing better

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Does anyone know where to get low-profile socks? The kind where it doesn't show at all?

I think I saw some pairs at J.Crew but I'm looking for options.
nerd.gif

Search for loafer socks.

niiiiiiiice.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

will look for something similar at the outlets during this upcoming F&F.

If not AE is fine by me.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Nako XL What kinda of shoes do you already own?
Through on my Insight duffle coat today and a pair of 3's today.
wrnkg5.jpg

OK, so I went shopping over the weekend. And while out, I thought of this thread, because I need help.

I need suggestions on jeans. I have traditionally rocked a pretty baggy jean. Recently lost a lot of weight and I want a more distinguished look to the denim Iwear.

I also don't like my jeans to taper. I like a straight leg. And they can't be TOO skinny. Just don't want them to be too baggy.

I like the look of the ones donjuan513 is wearing.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Does anyone know where to get low-profile socks? The kind where it doesn't show at all?

I think I saw some pairs at J.Crew but I'm looking for options.
nerd.gif

Search for loafer socks.
Great, thanks. Now I actually know what they're called
laugh.gif

^For reference how do you find 501s? What's your current weight, waist size, and length?

You can also search for "No Show Socks" as well.

illphillip- those are Nudie Jeans and the model is Regular Ralf. It is a true bootcut with a straight open outseam slightly narrow on theknee.

Marc by Marc Jacobs on Gilt this Thursday,
http://www.gilt.com/invite/mylink68699

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sale starts 12/ 3 11AM CST

They're here. The trousers, blazers, coats, jackets and shirts to completely de-Marc-ratize your wardrobe. Basics made brilliant because they're skewedjust a little bit left of center like the motorcycle jacket in cobalt blue wool, the single-breasted jacket with a bit of sheen or the skinny plaid pants.

Backstory
Fashion icon Marc Jacobs is a cornerstone of contemporary American design, known for his rebellious designs as much as his reverential references to styles ofthe past. His critically acclaimed collection Marc by Marc Jacobs brings its ever-experimental aesthetic to menswear with a range of bold-colored nylonouterwear, sharp-cut sportcoats and vests, and fun-loving graphic tees.

Nice fit Ty, I wish I could wear a duffle coat in SoCal. Too much stacking on those jeans though, have you tried cuffing them?

Originally Posted by Bhupy

Saturday... and yes my pants have pleats.

Since I was dressed, I wanted to try in the new H&M blazer I got.
Fits perfect, sleeves just needs shortening.

What brand pants are these?
I always have a hard time finding slim fitting dress pants like these. I feel like the legs of the most ones I get are too big and baggy and that just pisses me off.

Ben Sherman.

Originally Posted by forwardlean

I'm looking for dress boots for winter. Something with a decent sole (ie. not leather). I need something warm that will tackle the wet, but is also stylish.

Price is no object here.

The Red Wing Beckman round toes are interesting but I'm thinking they're too luggish.

Help is appreciated

Alden Indy is my number one suggestion:
indy_210.jpg

Or Paul Smith Bihars
Thanks RFX - Wondering if they ship to Canada? I have a way around it, but they would need to take a CDN CC at the very least. I'm browsingthat site as we speak. Thinking of pulling the trigger on some To Boot NY shearling lined deals...$400 though. I'm thinking that I should just get cheapones and throw them out after the winter. I can't bring myself to wear SWIMS or rubbers...bah!

Hey guys,

I'm 5'8, 170 or so on the low end. Closer to 180 on norm maybe.

I'm a naturally stocky guy. The thing is that I'm pretty big in the thigh area, which is what can make jeans tough to size.

I was going to try 501's. When I looked at them, they looked small in the thigh.

Thanks donjuan. I'll check those. What about APC? I know mad cats who wear True Religion, but not feeling the craziness on the back pockets.

I welcome any and all suggestions. Thanks for the help so far all.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Hey guys,

I'm a naturally stocky guy. The thing is that I'm pretty big in the thigh area, which is what can make jeans tough to size.

I was going to try 501's. When I looked at them, they looked small in the thigh.

Thanks donjuan. I'll check those. What about APC? I know mad cats who wear True Religion, but not feeling the craziness on the back pockets.

Try 514's....see how you like those.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Hey guys,

+1 on the 514s ... J Crew has a pretty good slim fit cut too, that is fairly open in the thighs. Might need to taper it below the knee to get the perfect fit.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Hey guys,

+1 on the 514s ... J Crew has a pretty good slim fit cut too, that is fairly open in the thighs. Might need to taper it below the knee to get the perfect fit.
Levi's 514 Slim Straight Jean
pimp.gif
sub- $40, give you roomin the thighs, array of designs, rocked them today

11292-945311-2.jpg
945275-p-2x.jpg

p.s. great sale at
SFA-OFF-FIFTH1.gif
outlets,
additional 25-40% off the lowest ticketed price
Ben Sherman Modern Fit suits, fantastic for a skinny dude, $400 + additional 40% off = $240
99qat1.jpg

and damn the Euro, I remember I use to buy Zegna ties for $40
Century 21, although no attractive sales, had several nice Andrew Marc casual nylon jackets in black for around $99

Alright so the laces on my Clarks DBs broke about a week ago. I finally got the time to go to the mall today to get some new laces and no luck. I searching onthe Clarks website and no luck there either. So where would you guys recommend I get a new pair of laces?

I think 514s wouldn't be a good idea since it's "slimmer" than 501s. Remember he said he's a naturally stocky guy, he might need morethigh room.

149r2tt.gif

Hey guys,

Jeans in general, but especially levis tend to stretch out and become loose over time. If you want jeans to fit you the way you want, a break in period isnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom