Dressing better

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Yes i also wanted to know...Where can i get affordable white button down/ dress shirts...
in a slim cut...?
something i can pull off casually with jeans and a skinny tie with a cardigan...
or somethin i can also use formally with slacks and a blazer..

i have some RL dress shirts..but they are cut so wide and long..they are "poofy" when tucked in..even though they are size S..
im a lean guy..average height..
any advice/

H&M and Gap have white slim fit button downs for $35

I do not find GAP fitted at all. H&M has two version of a white shirt, a $30 and $15 easy iron version. Both are slim fit and wearing the $15 version ispretty guilt free even if it gets dirty.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Yes i also wanted to know...Where can i get affordable white button down/ dress shirts...
in a slim cut...?
something i can pull off casually with jeans and a skinny tie with a cardigan...
or somethin i can also use formally with slacks and a blazer..

i have some RL dress shirts..but they are cut so wide and long..they are "poofy" when tucked in..even though they are size S..
im a lean guy..average height..
any advice/

H&M and Gap have white slim fit button downs for $35

I do not find GAP fitted at all. H&M has two version of a white shirt, a $30 and $15 easy iron version. Both are slim fit and wearing the $15 version is pretty guilt free even if it gets dirty.

Haha I don't wear Gap shirts, but my friend bought slim fit white and black shirts from there (they said slim fit or something on the tag) and they werevery fitted and not poofy at all.

personally, i have two white shirts from H&M. I didn't trust the $15 one, but the $30 has held up thru a few washes so far

Saturday... and yes my pants have pleats.

Since I was dressed, I wanted to try in the new H&M blazer I got.
Fits perfect, sleeves just needs shortening.

What brand pants are these?
I always have a hard time finding slim fitting dress pants like these. I feel like the legs of the most ones I get are too big and baggy and that just pissesme off.

Nako XL What kinda of shoes do you already own?
Through on my Insight duffle coat today and a pair of 3's today.
wrnkg5.jpg

I'm looking for dress boots for winter. Something with a decent sole (ie. not leather). I need something warm that will tackle the wet, but is alsostylish.

Price is no object here.

The Red Wing Beckman round toes are interesting but I'm thinking they're too luggish.

Help is appreciated

Nice fit Ty, I wish I could wear a duffle coat in SoCal. Too much stacking on those jeans though, have you tried cuffing them?

Originally Posted by Bhupy

Saturday... and yes my pants have pleats.

Since I was dressed, I wanted to try in the new H&M blazer I got.
Fits perfect, sleeves just needs shortening.

What brand pants are these?
I always have a hard time finding slim fitting dress pants like these. I feel like the legs of the most ones I get are too big and baggy and that just pisses me off.

Ben Sherman.

Originally Posted by forwardlean

I'm looking for dress boots for winter. Something with a decent sole (ie. not leather). I need something warm that will tackle the wet, but is also stylish.

Price is no object here.

The Red Wing Beckman round toes are interesting but I'm thinking they're too luggish.

Help is appreciated

Alden Indy is my number one suggestion:
indy_210.jpg

Or Paul Smith Bihars

RFX45 No cuffs man, I like a slightly baggier pair of jeans with my high tops and Timbs. Plus I don't want that Jordan logo showing on theback. I HATE JORDAN but I always dug what Mars Blackmon did for Jordan so I wear III's and IV's because of him.

Ahh, gotcha. The stacking just seems too much, makes the jeans looks bootcut.

I'd like to echo what someone said a few pages back--props to RFX, niidawg, etc for all the help they've given in this thread. On that note, I coulduse some myself...
laugh.gif

RFX (or anyone else), I'm looking for a pair of boots as well, but price is definitely a factor (nothing over $175). Would like to try them on if possible,but online would be do-able. It'll be my first pair of (nice) boots. Looking for something that can get me through Chicago winters/cold and still lookhalfway nice. I've looked at some of the suggestions you've posted; I would prefer a more thin/sleek look, ankle/mid cut, black or brown. The AldenIndy's you posted are absolutely gorgeous, but too pricey and I'm not sure if I'd want to ruin those in slush/snow. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

This is what I would go for.

White button up
Navy tie
Fitted dark blue Jeans
Brown wingtips

or something simple like this

00005f.jpg

That outfit looks nice.

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

RFX (or anyone else), I'm looking for a pair of boots as well, but price is definitely a factor (nothing over $175). Would like to try them on if possible, but online would be do-able. It'll be my first pair of (nice) boots. Looking for something that can get me through Chicago winters/cold and still look halfway nice. I've looked at some of the suggestions you've posted; I would prefer a more thin/sleek look, ankle/mid cut, black or brown. The Alden Indy's you posted are absolutely gorgeous, but too pricey and I'm not sure if I'd want to ruin those in slush/snow. Any suggestions?

The main problem is the snow, it's really difficult for me to suggest boots in a condition I've never experienced. Plus I noticed that any boots thatare sleek, low profile and fashionable will most likely not last in the snow, it's just a characteristic that somewhat clash, especially in lower priceranges (<$300). Even at the more expensive bracket of shoes/boots, most will not survive in the snow. With that said...

I've read that the Red Wings GT should be durable enough for snow, just apply sno-seal and you're good to go. The RW GT's were just on sale atEndless.com through Bing cashback for $130 (after the cashback). Cashback for Endless is still 20% and the Black Cherry version is on sale at $230 right now soit would be $185 with free shipping (overnight I believe) after the cashback.

The Red Wing Evolved boots are chukka style and retails for $140 and currently on sale at Endless for $119 and it might just be as durable int he snow after acoat of sno-seal.

LL Bean Katahdins are still a bargain for $160 and should work,

^^ How much do you weigh? For some tall and skinny people, your best bet is to just buy the best fitting shirt as possible and then have it altered/taken inthe torso.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Any other places for white shirts other than H&M?

For a plain white shirt, Zara has one that is really fitted, it tapers at the waist and fits great but it is $60 I believe.

For other shirts that are fitted, if you are lucky enough to find a Hugo Boss in Extra Slim white shirt on sale. I saw a few in a size medium and large atMacys last week, if they had a small I would have snatched them up without hesitation. It was 50% off plus 20% off discount with a coupon. For other shirtsthat fit great off the rack, check out Ben Sherman. Macys is having a F&F sale of 25% almost anything in the store.

The gingham shirt I am wearing in the pic a few post up were from Jump the Gun in UK. Fit is great and the sleeve length is perfect for me, never had a shirtfit like that otr anywhere. They were 45 Euros which equals $75 and it is available in plain white.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Nako XL What kinda of shoes do you already own?
I rotate tan Ferragamo loafers, brown Sperry boat shoes, all white Chucks, and black dress shoes

I also have a pair of Tweed dunks and white/grey/red AM87s I've worn out and gotten away with, but those are a little too casual I think

I'm holiday shopping for my guy and he lost both pairs of his gloves last winter. Looking for a fairly supple pair of lined (wool, cashmere?) leathergloves for around or under $100. Black, Tan, or a funky color that, by matching nothing, matches everything. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

RFX (or anyone else), I'm looking for a pair of boots as well, but price is definitely a factor (nothing over $175). Would like to try them on if possible,
but online would be do-able. It'll be my first pair of (nice) boots. Looking for something that can get me through Chicago winters/cold and still look
halfway nice. I've looked at some of the suggestions you've posted; I would prefer a more thin/sleek look, ankle/mid cut, black or brown. The Alden
Indy's you posted are absolutely gorgeous, but too pricey and I'm not sure if I'd want to ruin those in slush/snow. Any suggestions?

The main problem is the snow, it's really difficult for me to suggest boots in a condition I've never experienced. Plus I noticed that any boots that are sleek, low profile and fashionable will most likely not last in the snow, it's just a characteristic that somewhat clash, especially in lower price ranges (<$300). Even at the more expensive bracket of shoes/boots, most will not survive in the snow. With that said...

I've read that the Red Wings GT should be durable enough for snow, just apply sno-seal and you're good to go. The RW GT's were just on sale at Endless.com through Bing cashback for $130 (after the cashback). Cashback for Endless is still 20% and the Black Cherry version is on sale at $230 right now so it would be $185 with free shipping (overnight I believe) after the cashback.

The Red Wing Evolved boots are chukka style and retails for $140 and currently on sale at Endless for $119 and it might just be as durable int he snow after a coat of sno-seal.

LL Bean Katahdins are still a bargain for $160 and should work,

My girlfriend recently bought me these:

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-S...&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11762909-000-000
L11762909.jpg

It's the Tommy Hilfiger Barstow. I love 'em. They are pretty comfortable and will definitely hold up in the snow. Plus it's a great buy for<$100

Originally Posted by S0rtega2

www.oldnavy.com has 20% off all 5 brands (ON, BR, GAP, etc) with free shipping. Sale ends tonight. Online only, stock up!

Thanks man.! I used it last night and got the 20%.. to bad they were out of a few things in my size, but nonethe less some great deals..

I am at work and really cant search thru all the post, does anyone have any disc codes for AE.com? I am going to get some shirts they got buy one get one 50%,looking to find any other specials for them... Thanks in adv...

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Does anyone know where to get low-profile socks? The kind where it doesn't show at all?

I think I saw some pairs at J.Crew but I'm looking for options.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom