Dressing better

naw haven't even thought about that.
I never even knew what a taper was. I need to look for a tailor then

eek.gif

roll.gif

Although, Asian dude looks like he got sugar in his tank.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Can i keep wearing my navy blazer with the gold buttons or should I switch it up to brass buttons for the fall?
7290ic1.JPG

brass-bttns-closeup.jpg

Word.. just copped a navy blazer which has navy buttons - should I change it to brass or gold?

Also I want to shorten the sleeves and slim them too.. but I think it fits pretty well - i'll post a pic tonight

Anyone catch Wall Street this weekend? Shia LaBeouf looked good. Pause.

Can anyone recommend a good/legit place online to get wht/wht Jack Purcell's for a decent price? and do I need to go down a size/half a size from what I normally wear?

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Can anyone recommend a good/legit place online to get wht/wht Jack Purcell's for a decent price? and do I need to go down a size/half a size from what I normally wear?
i enjoyed it. i thoguht i was not going to be able to catch on from waht other people were telling me. but i was fine watching the movie. of course the only thing i didnt understand was the stock qoutes and numbers.. so lost

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by niidawg3

streetballa2311 wrote:

DJprestige21 wrote:

Cronicmolemolereturns wrote:

DSC_0045.jpg

swag

should have mentioned that's http://www.thestyleblogger.com/ Esquires best dressed normal man 2009
Dude is 23.

23 are u serious.. damn

The guy who won this year is 22. Both are VERY well dressed folks.

People are dressing better a lot earlier than in the past.

I've been trying to find out but to no avail...where do they get the money for all this?
anyone? lol..

Originally Posted by classic

streetballa2311 wrote:

DJprestige21 wrote:

DSC_0045.jpg

swag

should have mentioned that's http://www.thestyleblogger.com/ Esquires best dressed normal man 2009
Dude is 23.

23 are u serious.. damn

I've been trying to find out but to no avail...where do they get the money for all this?
anyone? lol..

Well the guy went to Columbia which is one of the top schools in the nation so I'm guessing he got a corporate job right out the gate. He is probably ringing in anywhere from 60k-100k depending on what exactly he does.

Even 60k while single will leave you a considerable amount of money to blow. Or maybe he just has rich parents?

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by classic

streetballa2311 wrote:

DJprestige21 wrote:

DSC_0045.jpg

swag

Dude is 23.

23 are u serious.. damn

anyone? lol..

Well the guy went to Columbia which is one of the top schools in the nation so I'm guessing he got a corporate job right out the gate. He is probably ringing in anywhere from 60k-100k depending on what exactly he does.

Even 60k while single will leave you a considerable amount of money to blow. Or maybe he just has rich parents?

The reason I post all those pickups is so everyone sees you don't need crazy paper to acquire quality gear.
He lives in NYC, there's a dozen discount retailers a $2.25 train ride away, sample sales and outlet sales on the holidays, all you need is a good eye & patience. 
His suits are from a custom tailor that he shouts-out on his blog, in return they probably provide him with a disount. 
I don't worry about others paper but 60K is crap in Manhattan even if you're single, so you gotta have a hunter's mentality.

For example;
DSC_0085-1024x685.jpg

A good leather jacket, like a good pair of shoes, cannot be faked. With prices ranging from $400-$4,000, I recommend looking for something in the middle. Keep in mind that, contrary to popular belief, good leathers with classic silhouettes do go on sale (these days everything, eventually, goes on sale!). I picked up this butter-soft lambskin version at an RL outlet for about $400 (retail value: $3,500+).

Remember, it’s a wardrobe investment that will last you a long time, so it’s worth splurging a little. And yes, people can tell when you’re wearing a $69.99 pleather from H&M. - thestyleblogger

Don't go broke trying to upgrade your wardrobe.  I started out with H&M and now I'm spoiled by the higher quality designers & fabrics.
Sign up to your favorite designer/stores email list, pay attention to sales cycles and visit your favorite stores often.  Pimp on a budget
pimp.gif

@NachoBroadway

You are exactly right. I am kind of a big guy 6'1 250, so my eye has to be very good. I visit sites regularly and also build relationships with the store associates. I travel to the outlets on Mon-Wed evening--They have the best sales during the week. Also when you buy CLASSIC, NOT TRENDY and Quality over Quantity your wardrobe last a longer time.

I went to Uniqlo yesterday and the sleeves on the tweed blazer are about an inch too short for me 
30t6p3b.gif
(6'2 and the L fit the best). Any other options, brown one at H&M was nice but didn't have my size, didn't like the one at J Crew. Tried to make it to paul smith but it was closed.

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

i enjoyed it. i thoguht i was not going to be able to catch on from waht other people were telling me. but i was fine watching the movie. of course the only thing i didnt understand was the stock qoutes and numbers.. so lost

i watched it last night. Very nice pieces in the movie. I was glad the cleaned up Michael Douglass at the end.

Originally Posted by got shoes

QUESTION: would some camel brown loafers be appropriate or right with gray pinstripe suit, thanks.

I would wear them in spring or summer and with a light weight suit. Fall calls for a darker shade.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by damn its me

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:

RavageBX wrote:

AC4Three wrote:

niidawg3 wrote:

AC4Three wrote:

Hey guys,

I was hoping you could give me some advice on what to wear to a law school formal. The dress code is not explicitly stated, but I can tell you for sure that it is not formal wear (tuxedo). The event will be in the evening at a nice hotel.

Since it is in the evening, I was assuming that a black suit might be the preferred option. The problem is that I only have a black suit from high school; needless to say, it is out of style and fits poorly. My other options are a charcoal gray suit or a navy suit with pinstripes. Which of these two options would you recommend? Also, should I wear black shoes or chocolate brown? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
go with the charcoal grey ... blue or white crisp shirt, a white pocket square ... no tie. should be formal enough but not too formal.

Thanks niidawg3.

A little late but if your formal hasn't passed already maybe I can help. I'm a 3L and we just had our formal last night. My first year I went straight up business suit cause I wasn't sure what to expect. You'll notice a lot of people will be wearing business suits. So if that's the route you wanna go no one will blink twice. But if you want to show out a little you can definitely go with a more social suit but I would stick with a tie. We're lawyers, its part of our look lol. Most will be wearing ties. You're right with your accessment of wearing a black suit, I wore one myself. Since you don't have that option I would go with the charcoal grey suit. Just make sure you take care of the little details and your fit will come together nicely. Get a nice pocket square, learn to tie a windsor knot if you don't already know, nice cuff links if you go with a french cuffed shirt, etc. I didn't take any pics of myself so you can't see my entire fit but here's a few pics of me my friends took:
24pea1u.jpg
2dl8c3o.jpg

I had on black slacks and black cole haan shoes. Three piece suit is a good look if you intend to party for real. Lose the jacket and cut loose cause formal is a rare opportunity to have fun in law school. Hope that helps some homie.

This man blocked out the wrong face
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Looks good though man. I'd take in that vest a little and find a shirt that wasn't so baggy.

laugh.gif
harsh!  the shirt was slightly more a 16 on a 14 3/4 body

We've seen your pic Optimus...face only a blind person could love lol. The arms on the shirt were a little long but I didn't have time to exchange it. I bought my regular size but their sizing was off.

Fit looks good fam
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by got shoes

QUESTION: would some camel brown loafers be appropriate or right with gray pinstripe suit, thanks.

I would wear them in spring or summer and with a light weight suit. Fall calls for a darker shade.
aight. thanks for the info. might need to pick up some oxfords then

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

@NachoBroadway

You are exactly right. I am kind of a big guy 6'1 250, so my eye has to be very good. I visit sites regularly and also build relationships with the store associates. I travel to the outlets on Mon-Wed evening--They have the best sales during the week. Also when you buy CLASSIC, NOT TRENDY and Quality over Quantity your wardrobe last a longer time.
Me too, 6'1" 247, size 13 (14 in some shoes). So I have to keep my eyes open and hit the sales early in the week to get the bigger sizes, which they usually only have a couple of.
That last line is the truth. If you're buying based on trends, you'll have to update your wardrobe every year or two. If you're buying classic looks and can maintain your weight, you'll have clothes that will last you a lifetime.

Originally Posted by Phouvieng

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Clark's Desert Boot
2249-300.jpg

ClarksDesertBoot.jpg

nano-universe-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

Don't pay attention to the dudes face.
gc87-736633.jpg

pimp.gif

The last picture really sells those shoes; BUT, those aren't Clarks Desert Boots are they? I've been looking for a very similar style for a very long time, but always disliked the look of the heel on Clarks Desert Boots. Last picture(with the gentleman) looks to have no heel, any info? Thanks in advance.

did this question ever get answered?? im looking to cop some, but i'd prefer the flat sole if possible.. info??

Is there a link to Esquire's winner from this year (22 year old mentioned by streetballa)?

wow.  him finding that nice RL leather jacket at over a $3k markdown is like finding buried treasure.  the only leather jackets i ever see at the outlets are those ugly windbreaker ones.

Back
Top Bottom