Dressing better

Alright fellas,

quick question....

I have to go to a "Gala" at University of South Florida, for my gf's graduating final PR project yadda yadda, i dont really know what the hell its for...lol

but i know i have to dress semi-nice, she said no tie is needed, but no jeans are allowed.

so i have Grey slack and Black shoes already, any suggestions for a nice color dress shirt to avoid going boring and jsut using a white one?
(what i already have is similar to these pants and shoes...)
91p16-1_011.jpg

^ i thought gala's were usually formal, with a suit or even black tie sometimes? are you sure you won't need a tie or jacket?

-waystinthyme

^A nice baby blue would look great. If you can find correct shade (and ONLY the correct shade) of navy blue, you could go with that as well. Hell, if you really wanted to get dangerous, pink might work too ...

Edit: Examples -
br674951-04vliv01.jpg

br611605-21vliv01.jpg

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

any info on Macys F&F?
Yea, I need a printable coupon.
you can just go in and get one. i took a couple of them a couple days ago. they had a stack by the mens watches. i plan on buying my watch tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Those converse looks pretty nice, can you post pics wearing them with jeans?

The F&F discount at Macy's is probably the best deal to get some 511's, hopefully my local Macy's will have a good selection of jeans and trousers because I'm looking to take advantage of the discount and stock up.

no pics with jeans today. maybe another day.

and I'm definitely looking to go in on the 511's with the Macy's sale.
That's all I really want to buy. We'll see what they have at my local spots though ...

i like the knit tie nii...so a knit tie can be dressed up? i had the perception that they were more for casual wear.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i like the knit tie nii...so a knit tie can be dressed up? i had the perception that they were more for casual wear.

Its great for the summer with more causal suits (khaki, linen, cotton etc). I dont think there is a hard and fast rule about when and when not to wear knits in a formal attire.

Obviously, you wouldnt want to wear it to a black tie event or an interview.

Today-
98g10x.jpg

Canvas Adidas Campus 80's. They're from the ObyO Kazuki range. Adidas sends me a nice supply of Adidas monthly.
These are a Spring/Summer release, should be about in stores now.
jpfyhd.jpg

Nice fit Ty, I always enjoy seeing them but it seems like it is really cold over there all the time with your jackets and layers.
Pics is always sunny too, looks like a good weather. What is the weather like over there?

Nii, awesome suit. I need to get a beige one for the summer. I have a wedding to go to in late June as well, I think a khaki suit will suffice.
However, your knit tie is a bit too short? Overall, nice execution with the light blue gingham.

I think we need details on the fits as well. Plenty of questions on recent fits. I think it might help and less clutter in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom