Dressing better

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Originally Posted by RFX45

This is a personal feeling but I just feel that with that fit, the AJIII's are too bulky.
I would mind that with sneakers, doesn't even have to be JPs but I feel that the sneakers he chose just doesn't work there.
It's a solid fit but I would maybe wear some lower profile sneakers, something like Claes or Supras would have probably worked better than those IIIs and I love that shoe.

Claes or Supras? Come on, black IIIs are a classic. I don't like that outfit though. The blue shirt, blue denim jacket with black sneakers don't work for me.

I am not taking anything away from a classic pair of shoes, I personally love it along with IV's, XI's, III's, etc... but you admit it yourself that you do not like how it was pulled off with the fit and that was mostly what I referring to. Claes or Supras would have been a better sneaker alternative to the IIIs. 

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

thanks for the links guys...i guess for $17 a pop, i probably will just opt to replace the thicker ones...cool concept though.

and to further this discussion, where do you guys get your skinnIER (not super duper skinny!!!!) ties?  probably in the 2.5" range...
I buy Ben Sherman and Penguin ties.  I find them for $9.99-$12.99 at my local Marshalls

That guy looks like a douche hipster that wants to be Kanye.  I hate Kanye's hipster style.  I don't approve of anyone wearing that...

who the hell is this guy? "I don't approve of anyone wearing that"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
   like your opinion matters? sit your ++! down

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Just order a jacket and a zip sweater off BR. Wasn't planning on buying anything until Macy's F&F this week, but the 30% + free shipping was too intriguing. My work wardrobe is getting there. the sweater I'm not too sure if I'll like it wearing it to work once it gets warmer as a jacket. Might be a little too casual, we'll see once it gets here.

Nice pick ups especially for the price. I was wondering where I can print out these coupons for Macy's F&F or if there is a coupon code to use online.

Thanks

Does anyone know how the Dockers D1 (slim fit) chinos fit? They're on sale for $35 on their website and i'm thinking about picking up a few pairs..

How do they fit compared to 511s? I'm looking for chinos/khakis that fit similar to the 511s. Thanks

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Does anyone know how the Dockers D1 (slim fit) chinos fit? They're on sale for $35 on their website and i'm thinking about picking up a few pairs..

How do they fit compared to 511s? I'm looking for chinos/khakis that fit similar to the 511s. Thanks
Fit more like 501's than anything.  511 trousers are the way to go

I'd advise keeping the thicker ties thick, you may regret it when they roar back into trendy.

like rcdp posted,plenty of superb $10 thin ties amply available

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

I'd advise keeping the thicker ties thick, you may regret it when they roar back into trendy.

like rcdp posted,plenty of superb $10 thin ties amply available
ehh, i probably will end up just leaving them.  it kinda sucks though cuz i bought a couple Nautica ties at marshalls...i really like the striped designs and quality that Nautica offers, but they are so dang thick...for a slim guy like me, it just looks a bit odd ya know.

but thanks for the heads up, i'll search for some ben sherman ties next time i'm there.

This is a personal feeling but I just feel that with that fit, the AJIII's are too bulky.
I would mind that with sneakers, doesn't even have to be JPs but I feel that the sneakers he chose just doesn't work there.
It's a solid fit but I would maybe wear some lower profile sneakers, something like Claes or Supras would have probably worked better than those IIIs and I love that shoe.

Claes or Supras? Come on, black IIIs are a classic. I don't like that outfit though. The blue shirt, blue denim jacket with black sneakers don't work for me. This is how I would wear the IIIs. Vintage black concert T under the biker jacket, raw denim and the IIIs.

IMG_1934.JPG=600

Dsquared-biker-jacket.png

21B19863E5.jpg

air-jordan-3-iii-retro-2001-black-cement-grey-1.jpg
cudi did something similar

cudi5.jpg

im going to get a dope leather jacket this coming fall.

any blogs/sites you guys can recommend? i check out gq a lot but i want something directed more towards dressing nice but casual. suits and ties aren't really for me at the moment.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Just order a jacket and a zip sweater off BR. Wasn't planning on buying anything until Macy's F&F this week, but the 30% + free shipping was too intriguing. My work wardrobe is getting there. the sweater I'm not too sure if I'll like it wearing it to work once it gets warmer as a jacket. Might be a little too casual, we'll see once it gets here.

Nice pick ups especially for the price. I was wondering where I can print out these coupons for Macy's F&F or if there is a coupon code to use online.

Thanks
NVM. I thought Macy's had some Levi's 511 trousers, but in store, I only saw the jeans and online, they only have the jeans as well.
Anyone know where I can find them for cheapest? I haven't found anywhere under $50.00.

Thanks

Not all but some Macys carries them. I got mine from the Macys by my area.
Most Macys coupons doesn't work on Levis anymore though but their bi-annual Men Sale coupon works for them, the F&F sale will probably work for Levis too, definitely worth a shot.
dy83g9.jpg

Also picked up some s/s shirts for spring/summer. Ben Sherman from Nordstrom Rack.
2hgx05j.jpg
14u0l0.jpg
sljh2v.jpg

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Claes or Supras? Come on, black IIIs are a classic. I don't like that outfit though. The blue shirt, blue denim jacket with black sneakers don't work for me. This is how I would wear the IIIs. Vintage black concert T under the biker jacket, raw denim and the IIIs.

IMG_1934.JPG=600

Dsquared-biker-jacket.png

21B19863E5.jpg

air-jordan-3-iii-retro-2001-black-cement-grey-1.jpg
cudi did something similar

cudi5.jpg

im going to get a dope leather jacket this coming fall.

lol @ Kanye looking like an 80s homeless guy.

hey rfx, i know you're a big watch guy...how are these invicta watches? i always see em on 1saleaday and chronoshark and such for REALLY cheap, and some are pretty nice looking (especially for the price). you know anything about Invicta watches, good or bad?

Can you guys recommend me a nice pair of dress shoes for under $300? I need to get a pair for my college graduation, and I'm currently considering Ecco, Cole Haan, or Johnston & Murphy. What do you guys think of these brands? I'm looking for the following characteristics:
-dark brown (to wear with a navy suit)
-narrow profile
-rubber sole (preferable because it rains a lot where I live, but I'll go with leather if I have to)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Most Macys coupons doesn't work on Levis anymore though but their bi-annual Men Sale coupon works for them, the F&F sale will probably work for Levis too, definitely worth a shot.

Also picked up some s/s shirts for spring/summer. Ben Sherman from Nordstrom Rack.
Thanks for the info. In your area, the 511 pants are in the same area as the Levi's Jeans correct? Also, I was curious if Macy's even carried the 511 trousers anymore because it's not even up on the Macy's.com website.

Those of you interested in suits...if you have a Saks outlet near you they were having a buy one suit, get one suit free on all suits.

It was a sweet deal imo.

hey rfx, i know you're a big watch guy...how are these invicta watches? i always see em on 1saleaday and chronoshark and such for REALLY cheap, and some are pretty nice looking (especially for the price). you know anything about Invicta watches, good or bad?
Not RFX, but I'm also into watches.  Most of the watches you see on there are run on quartz mechanics.  Many watch enthusiastic prefer the movement to have mechanical movement.  Quartz will be more accurate, but something about a automatic/mechanical watch is just fun.  As for Invicta, I'm in the school of any quartz watch is just as good as any other, what it comes down to is what kind of materials they use for the other stuff, such as watch face, band type, type of leather etc.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Thanks for the info. In your area, the 511 pants are in the same area as the Levi's Jeans correct? Also, I was curious if Macy's even carried the 511 trousers anymore because it's not even up on the Macy's.com website.

Yes, the Levis trousers are in the same vicinity as the Levis jeans in the store. Macys usually has a big Levis section where they sell all their products; belts, pants, shirts, jackets, etc... Just look around and you might find some. The website never carried the trousers to my recollection but if you really want to try them on, the JC Penney in my area also sells them. Actually, JCPenney.com has some right now. If there is a JCP in your area, give it a shot.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase an Invicta even at 90% discount. Invicta is infamous in jacking up their retail price so that they can sell for a deep discount to make the buyers feel like they got a great deal, no offense to those who purchased some. It is a running gag with watch enthusiast that Invicata's motto is, "A phony MSRP is the backbone of a spectacular deal" or "Face it, this is your only chance at owning a $2000 watch."

Again, this is merely my personal opinion and I do find those "mottos" pretty accurate and funny.

just a heads up, if you ask BR or GAP employees for a 40% discount there is a good chance they will give it to you.
i saw a stack of "40% off on a particular day (Sat. & Wed.)" coupons by the cashiers computer and i asked them if i could have one and she handed me a couple for BR & GAP

Back
Top Bottom