Dressing better

I'm thinking about getting my first pair of DB's, I was wondering how they run as far as size goes?
 I'm normally a 13, so if I have to size down, I'd have to jump down to a 12.

The kids got great style but there are too many pictures of himself on the blog and they all seem too staged. He's got a hell of a wardrobe though.

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

just shouting out this new yorker's blog;
http://www.thestyleblogger.com

dude has epic versatility

I think that is the guy that won last years Esquire Best Dressed Real Man... I think.
I like his overall style but this is a bit too Kanye-%!* with the jean jacket and AJIII's.

It's a very nice look but I would change the shoes.

DSC_0033.jpg

That guy looks like a douche hipster that wants to be Kanye.  I hate Kanye's hipster style.  I don't approve of anyone wearing that...

This is what qualifies as "hipsters" nowadays
laugh.gif
.  I don't see an American Apparel V-Neck + skinny jeans + beat to hell vans/chucks/flip flops.  Plus dude has no facial hair, which automatically disqualifies him as a hipster.

I would lose the jean jacket, go with a black shirt since that shirt will go perfect with True Blue III's.  I like it when people incorporate sneakers.  Some of them have a nice silhouette to where they are not clunky (Foams are a no go in any casual outfit situation
laugh.gif
).

Seems the only sneaker that's acceptable are Jack Purcells
laugh.gif

That's a solid outfit, I was just nitpicking.

This is a personal feeling but I just feel that with that fit, the AJIII's are too bulky.
I would mind that with sneakers, doesn't even have to be JPs but I feel that the sneakers he chose just doesn't work there.
It's a solid fit but I would maybe wear some lower profile sneakers, something like Claes or Supras would have probably worked better than those IIIs and I love that shoe.

I know I Most likely won't get a response but I don't feel like making a new thread that will only last a coulpe replies and I won't find my answer SO

I was wondering were i could buy a pair of cargo shorts in a khaki or light brown maybe color that aren't that short but cover the knees? This was the only clothes thread near the 1st page in the general so yeah. any help?

GAP has several styles of cargo shorts. The length will have to depend on your height but the best advice is to check out is the mall and try one on from different stores like J. Crew, H&M, GAP, Old Navy, Express, etc..

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

I know I Most likely won't get a response but I don't feel like making a new thread that will only last a coulpe replies and I won't find my answer SO

I was wondering were i could buy a pair of cargo shorts in a khaki or light brown maybe color that aren't that short but cover the knees? This was the only clothes thread near the 1st page in the general so yeah. any help?

C'mon bruh.. Do you live in the middle of no where? GAP, Old Navy, American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister, etc.. the list goes on. Hell even Wal Mart because those are usually in the middle of no where. Find any of these places, try some shorts on and make your decision.

I would say he wears the Jordans because he use to play college basketball. Dude has Church shoes in rotation so they must be a meaning. I like his disclaimers about not encouraging people to dress like him but rather inspire them to find their own personal style.

i'd recommend checking out Old Navy asap...they have all their shorts (including cargo) on sale for $15...not sure when that ends though.

also, on a sidenote, i was able to pick up a pair of black kinda chino shorts, pretty light weight, for $9.95 at H&M
pimp.gif

got a pair like this at H&M for 24.95 3 days ago
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would say he wears the Jordans because he use to play college basketball. Dude has Church shoes in rotation so they must be a meaning. I like his disclaimers about not encouraging people to dress like him but rather inspire them to find their own personal style.

Really?  Every store in the mall is selling cargos.  Just look around and try on different pairs.
I like that he wore the Cement 3's.  I think III's and IV's look great with a lot of clothing.  It's different from the footwear people probably expect him to wear with that fit.  It's good when you can see someone's own style and not something generic or from the page of a catalogue.

i was reading Street Etiquette and I stumbled across something that intrigued me...

"Below is my collection of ties. The brands vary from Gant, Hill-Side, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and vintage ties which still need to be shaved down to desirable dimensions. "

what does he mean by this?  he can alter the width of the tie?  or just the overall length?  very intrigued by this as most of my ties are quite thick, which doesn't look good on me.  info would be appreciated...thanks!!!

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i was reading Street Etiquette and I stumbled across something that intrigued me...

"Below is my collection of ties. The brands vary from Gant, Hill-Side, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and vintage ties which still need to be shaved down to desirable dimensions. "

what does he mean by this?  he can alter the width of the tie?  or just the overall length?  very intrigued by this as most of my ties are quite thick, which doesn't look good on me.  info would be appreciated...thanks!!!

Yes, altering a ties width should be pretty simple for a competent tailor. 

do you have a price point...any kind of guestimate on what one might charge for that? 

This is a personal feeling but I just feel that with that fit, the AJIII's are too bulky.
I would mind that with sneakers, doesn't even have to be JPs but I feel that the sneakers he chose just doesn't work there.
It's a solid fit but I would maybe wear some lower profile sneakers, something like Claes or Supras would have probably worked better than those IIIs and I love that shoe.

Claes or Supras? Come on, black IIIs are a classic. I don't like that outfit though. The blue shirt, blue denim jacket with black sneakers don't work for me. This is how I would wear the IIIs. Vintage black concert T under the biker jacket, raw denim and the IIIs.

IMG_1934.JPG=600

Dsquared-biker-jacket.png

21B19863E5.jpg

air-jordan-3-iii-retro-2001-black-cement-grey-1.jpg

What a coincidence.  I was just reading about this earlier today.
http://www.gq.com/style/b...e-tie-shrinking-man.html

You can mail them your ties if you don't live in NY.  You can ask tailors around you if they altered ties before.

"Below is my collection of ties. The brands vary from Gant, Hill-Side,
Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and vintage ties which still need to be
shaved down to desirable dimensions. "

do you have a price point...any kind of guestimate on what one might charge for that? 

Tiecrafters: For impeccably cleaned ties. They also narrow ties for $17.
www.tiecrafters.com

thanks for the links guys...i guess for $17 a pop, i probably will just opt to replace the thicker ones...cool concept though.

and to further this discussion, where do you guys get your skinnIER (not super duper skinny!!!!) ties?  probably in the 2.5" range...

Where can I cop a Black military style roll up shirt online??? Urban outfitters had one but they didn't have a Large. Thanks in advance.

Just order a jacket and a zip sweater off BR. Wasn't planning on buying anything until Macy's F&F this week, but the 30% + free shipping was too intriguing. My work wardrobe is getting there. the sweater I'm not too sure if I'll like it wearing it to work once it gets warmer as a jacket. Might be a little too casual, we'll see once it gets here.
br702681-00vliv01.jpg

br744965-01vliv01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom