Dressing better

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by ericescobar

illmatickal wrote:

^ info on those?

Common Projects Desert Boot about $300USD

where should i cop? 300 bucks (this coming from dude who has dropped more than that on shoes multiple times lol) sounds like a lot. can i find deals on them? these are PERFECT!!! thanks man

NOLOGO-thanks alot also. the second pair is def. to my liking. the first pair is decent. some of these i have seen becuase i worked in the shoe dept for a retail chain. THANKS GUYS.
i WILL post pics when i get this stuff just to show off the look

What city do you live in?

or if you wanted black in size 12 (they fit 1 size larger apparently)

http://www.revolveclothin...=Common+Projects&d=b

The reason why they cost so much:

Made in Italy, Common Projects produces elevated footwear that's comfortable, functional and definitely fashionable. These Suede Desert Boots are a pair that works in any season, with its light suede exterior and hand-stitched rubber sole. The model number is stamped in gold on the outer heel, providing subtle contrast on these otherwise clean boots.
Suede upper
Leather insole
Rubber outsole

best-man4.jpg

im a big guy & i know i cant fit this, nor will i try but this fit is CLEAN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ericescobar wrote:

quik1987 wrote:

illmatickal wrote:

^ info on those?

Common Projects Desert Boot about $300USD

where should i cop? 300 bucks (this coming from dude who has dropped more than that on shoes multiple times lol) sounds like a lot. can i find deals on them?
these are PERFECT!!! thanks man

NOLOGO-thanks alot also. the second pair is def. to my liking. the first pair is decent. some of these i have seen becuase i worked in the shoe dept for a
retail chain. THANKS GUYS.

i WILL post pics when i get this stuff just to show off the look

What city do you live in?

or if you wanted black in size 12 (they fit 1 size larger apparently)

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=COMM-MZ35&c=Common+Projects&d=b
i live in san francisco california. i'm looking and cant seem to find em. if you know of a DEFINITE spot let me know. also, what kind of jacket would you reccommend, a suade jacket? i'm thinking about buying a military-esque jacket. its not suade, its polyester. i posted the link on this page alread. thanks

http://www.commonprojects.com/stores.asp?store=storesUsaFrame.html

Also I find that they have nicer Field Coats (Military) at H&M or Zara. I find Gap fit is no good (loose, sloppy). H&M prices are comparable to Gapwhile Zara prices are more like Banana Republic.

are there any shoes something like a cross between a desert boot (those posted on here) and nike blazer (like those suade joints)? see, i like the overall sillouette of the desert boot, but it doesn't fit with my perfect view of what i want to dress like. its close, but not quite there. blazers have a better practical design, while the desert boots have a classier style. HELP!
The Nike Toki Lux is the closest you're gonna get to a Nike Blazer/Dessert boot like shoe. All its missing is the crepe sole.
nike-air-zoom-toki-lux-00.jpg

A button down with shorts works if you roll up the sleeves some, that way the proportions even out.
ty-9-6.jpg

http://www.commonprojects...tore=storesUsaFrame.html

Also I find that they have nicer Field Coats (Military) at H&M or Zara. I find Gap fit is no good (loose, sloppy). H&M prices are comparable to Gap while Zara prices are more like Banana Republic.

yeah i checked their site. found some SF spots, might hit them up. thanks for the advice on Zara. i can't deal with h&m. i went there once and therewere to many hoodrats to count. couldnt even move around. Zara is a def. option.
ALso, i found some other common projects that are really ince. the achilles midtop in either white or black (not patent or nylon, but plain). those are REALLYnice. have you seen these around?

donjuan-thanks alot. i will def. look into those nikes. i guess they are catching onto this trend lol

Calvin Klein suits, dress pants, shirts, and socks. Oh yeah I go all out.
laugh.gif

Oh and I am a dress boots fan. I have plenty o' pairs of them (4 black and 2 brown). My all time favorites, the classic, yet stylish, the Florsheim boots.

6901-14387-d.jpg

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

laugh.gif

Oh and I am a dress boots fan. I have plenty o' pairs of them (4 black and 2 brown). My all time favorites, the classic, yet stylish, the Florsheim boots.

6901-14387-d.jpg

I cannot do that heel
smh.gif
, maybe its cuz Im 6'4
but to each his own bruh

Originally Posted by donjuan513

are there any shoes something like a cross between a desert boot (those posted on here) and nike blazer (like those suade joints)? see, i like the overall sillouette of the desert boot, but it doesn't fit with my perfect view of what i want to dress like. its close, but not quite there. blazers have a better practical design, while the desert boots have a classier style. HELP!
The Nike Toki Lux is the closest you're gonna get to a Nike Blazer/Dessert boot like shoe. All its missing is the crepe sole.
nike-air-zoom-toki-lux-00.jpg

A button down with shorts works if you roll up the sleeves some, that way the proportions even out.
ty-9-6.jpg

Ty--that is also a great recommendation. Was this an Undftd exclusive like I heard it was? Or did other shops get it as well?

Originally Posted by DB WEST

Longsleeve shirts and shorts look terrible unless the sleeves are rolled. Or try wearing a button up with rolled up sleeves, and unbutton the top button, and wear a Polo over it for a more casual look.

never wear a polo over a button up, period

laugh.gif

6901-14387-d.jpg

I love boots but I cannot deal with that, no offense.

On another hand, I haven't been to H&M in forever but their slim fit button ups fit great, almost perfect on me.
I mgiht post fit pics later.

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

Originally Posted by DB WEST

Longsleeve shirts and shorts look terrible unless the sleeves are rolled. Or try wearing a button up with rolled up sleeves, and unbutton the top button, and wear a Polo over it for a more casual look.

never wear a polo over a button up, period
agreed. wear the button down with the shorts, but don't put a polo over it. there's no need for two shirt collars, and you will just comeoff looking tool-like

I have a question about the desert boots. What color would go well with jeans? If anyone has the issue of GQ magazine with the top 10 most well dressedmen's issue, where can I get a vest similar to the one that photographer Alexi Lubomirski is wearing? It's a rag &bone vest but I can't findit anywhere so I'm trying to find a similar one.

Originally Posted by orangepeel1

I have a question about the desert boots. What color would go well with jeans? If anyone has the issue of GQ magazine with the top 10 most well dressed men's issue, where can I get a vest similar to the one that photographer Alexi Lubomirski is wearing? It's a rag &bone vest but I can't find it anywhere so I'm trying to find a similar one.
The color of the boots depends on your outfit and the color of the jeans. The two must have colors in any wardrobe are black and brown. Withthose 2 colors alone, you can coordinate with almost everything out there, any other color is optional IMO. The vest you speak of can probably be found at aJ. Crew, Banana Republic, or Macy's..a similar one at least. I'm assuming you don't wanna shell out nearly $300 for it. Also chances are you willneed to get it tailored for a snug fit like that.

alright everybody thanks for the help. I guess i will gave to find another button down shirt to rock

I slept on this thread for way too long. Anybody know where I can get a camel (or at least tan) modern coat? I got a heather grey one from Theory, but all thetan ones I could find in the city were really long and really plain. It's a bit out of season (especially here), but I want one to keep on hand for later.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

clarks-desert-khan-2-2.jpg

Are these available in any other colors?
beeswax leather for sure, possibly brown suede too? uk just got the tapered version of these
pimp.gif
hopefully north america gets them for fall.

The J.Crew Urban Fit Chino's look good but they don't seem to have it in every store. The store I visited this weekend didn't have it and it'salready on sale on the website so I don't think they will be getting them in at all.

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif

On another hand, I haven't been to H&M in forever but their slim fit button ups fit great, almost perfect on me.
I mgiht post fit pics later.

Their shirts are great , and if your not a absolute beast there Dress Shirts can last a long time .... I usually take my H&M slim fit shirts as a examplewhen I tailor my wider fitting Polo shirts, also try Zara ... one of my favorite white dress shirts come from there

With his statement that he got a student discount, I figured he got it from the store because I don't know how to apply that discount on the website.
That sucks that price went up, I was just waiting for a free shipping code or something before trying them out. I hope they have a new code in store for us touse.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Those customs up there are insane.
Sperry loafers.
132970_1_alv_389.jpg

156ddn7.jpg

I looked for these, didnt find 'em. Where can I get these? And are they better when wearing shorts?

Levi's trousers pants. They haven't made these in a good 6 years, glad to see them back.
They come in a variety of fabrics also. (excuse the models shoes)
19ku53.jpg

Back
Top Bottom