Dressing better

are there any shoes something like a cross between a desert boot (those posted on here) and nike blazer (like those suade joints)? see, i like the overallsillouette of the desert boot, but it doesn't fit with my perfect view of what i want to dress like. its close, but not quite there. blazers have a betterpractical design, while the desert boots have a classier style. HELP!

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

RFX..or anyone else.... How do Banana Republic fit? I wear XL-XXL in most stuff and I'm looking at some of their sweaters to wear over dress shirts...I wanna cop online so let me know.
Don't cop online, go instore..the discount is usually better. For example, I just got home from the mall and picked up this exact coatinstore for less than $120 taxed. It was $150 or 160 with 20% off and another 10% off that because I used my BR card.

http://bananarepublic.gap...cid=26223&pid=619564

If you can, buy during the Friend and Family sale which is in a couple of days. The sale is only valid instore, and it's 30% off everything.

To answer your question, for a lack of better words..their clothes fit 'true'. Every single piece of BR coat, shirt, sweater, hoody I own is a small.

Here's a copy of the coupon in case you're interested.
nbye0g.jpg

Whats everyone's view on long sleeve shirts and shorts?

I have always been against it but i dont feel like wearing jeans tomorrow since its gonna be hot here in Atlanta.

why don't you just wear a short sleeve shirt.
Unless you are going to roll up the sleeves or suntin

Originally Posted by ericescobar

are there any shoes something like a cross between a desert boot (those posted on here) and nike blazer (like those suade joints)? see, i like the overall sillouette of the desert boot, but it doesn't fit with my perfect view of what i want to dress like. its close, but not quite there. blazers have a better practical design, while the desert boots have a classier style. HELP!

common-project-00.jpg

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

i dont have any. I stopped wearing a good majority of my clothes and most of the shirts i own now are button downs.

I rolled up the sleeves on the shirt i had on today but the shirt i wanna wear tomorrow isnt a button down. Its a long-sleeve rugby polo

That's the only way I can see it working, sleeves rolled up and tucked into the shorts with boat or driving shoes with no socks. However, Ican't see myself wearing long sleeve with shorts to begin with.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

50e156e0e5bdbdafd4a0670e8be63a9e2c13b94.jpg

this is the look i was going for, i saw this in the Macy's magazine
laugh.gif
I totally had a different look in mind. I thought you were trying to be more business like. That outfit works too.

Originally Posted by quik1987

are there any shoes something like a cross between a desert boot (those posted on here) and nike blazer (like those suade joints)? see, i like the overall sillouette of the desert boot, but it doesn't fit with my perfect view of what i want to dress like. its close, but not quite there. blazers have a better practical design, while the desert boots have a classier style. HELP!

common-project-00.jpg

this is perfect. whats the info? i think i had seen them before on this thread, but 54 pages is a bit too long ya digdug sowoooop

so do you want a suede blazer? or a desert boot with blazer designs? i think those shoes are really different from one another--ones a sneaker,and the other is a boot.

you said you like the silhouette, but it doesn't fit your style. i think if you get a
nike-blazer-low-classic-2.jpg

pair of subdued blazers (like the ones above), then that can be sort of the bridge between nikes and a desert boot.

i think the blazer above goes good with a houndstooth vest and some dark denim. some places won't let you in with "athletic shoes", sothat's where a pair of good leather shoes or leather desert boots come in handy.

there are some desert boots in plaid, but you may also want to consider clarks wallabees

ericescobar--i guess someone was able to help...this thread is quick.

you should consider some clarks wallabees, or clae romare

clae-romare.jpg

clae_romare_hi_420.jpg

i have the second pair, and i actually think they may be what you're looking for

Originally Posted by Dakingii

i dont have any. I stopped wearing a good majority of my clothes and most of the shirts i own now are button downs.

I rolled up the sleeves on the shirt i had on today but the shirt i wanna wear tomorrow isnt a button down. Its a long-sleeve rugby polo

a button down with shorts that length looks good. i think shorts too much longer may make for messy outfit, but a button down with shorts is definitely a goodlook.

Originally Posted by illmatickal

^ info on those?

Common Projects Desert Boot about $300USD

where should i cop? 300 bucks (this coming from dude who has dropped more than that on shoes multiple times lol) sounds like a lot. can i find deals on them?these are PERFECT!!! thanks man

NOLOGO-thanks alot also. the second pair is def. to my liking. the first pair is decent. some of these i have seen becuase i worked in the shoe dept for aretail chain. THANKS GUYS.
i WILL post pics when i get this stuff just to show off the look

Originally Posted by Prowler 23

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Those customs up there are insane.
Sperry loafers.
132970_1_alv_389.jpg

156ddn7.jpg

these loafers are insane ... more no sockness in the summer
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
where can i copp the black ones???

i need them in my life, i want it in my life, gonna put it in my life.

Originally Posted by illmatickal

^ info on those?

And just to increase the hype factor X 1 million
00005f.jpg

ama1.jpg

cmon Kanye..dude look like he is about to jump out a **#$%*% plane

I SMH'd when I saw this pic in GQ's 10 best dressed men article.
00005f.jpg

illmatickal wrote:

^ info on those?

where should i cop? 300 bucks (this coming from dude who has dropped more than that on shoes multiple times lol) sounds like a lot. can i find deals on them? these are PERFECT!!! thanks man

NOLOGO-thanks alot also. the second pair is def. to my liking. the first pair is decent. some of these i have seen becuase i worked in the shoe dept for a retail chain. THANKS GUYS.

What city do you live in?

or if you wanted black in size 12 (they fit 1 size larger apparently)

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=COMM-MZ35&c=Common+Projects&d=b

The reason why they cost so much:

Made in Italy, Common Projects produces elevated footwear that's comfortable, functional and definitely fashionable. These Suede Desert Boots are a pairthat works in any season, with its light suede exterior and hand-stitched rubber sole. The model number is stamped in gold on the outer heel, providing subtlecontrast on these otherwise clean boots.
Suede upper
Leather insole
Rubber outsole

best-man4.jpg

Longsleeve shirts and shorts look terrible unless the sleeves are rolled. Or try wearing a button up with rolled up sleeves, and unbutton the top button, andwear a Polo over it for a more casual look.

illmatickal wrote:

^ info on those?

where should i cop? 300 bucks (this coming from dude who has dropped more than that on shoes multiple times lol) sounds like a lot. can i find deals on them? these are PERFECT!!! thanks man

NOLOGO-thanks alot also. the second pair is def. to my liking. the first pair is decent. some of these i have seen becuase i worked in the shoe dept for a retail chain. THANKS GUYS.

What city do you live in?

or if you wanted black in size 12 (they fit 1 size larger apparently)

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=COMM-MZ35&c=Common+Projects&d=b
i live in san francisco california. i'm looking and cant seem to find em. if you know of a DEFINITE spot let me know. also, what kind ofjacket would you reccommend, a suade jacket? i'm thinking about buying a military-esque jacket. its not suade, its polyester. i posted the link on thispage alread. thanks

Back
Top Bottom