Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

703 - those are just driving loafers. A variety of companies make them. For the most part, they all look the same, just a different style on the stitching and such.

So why the hell do the Gucci one's cost so damn much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by wj4

703 - those are just driving loafers. A variety of companies make them. For the most part, they all look the same, just a different style on the stitching and such.

So why the hell do the Gucci one's cost so damn much
laugh.gif
You just answered your own question..because it's Gucci. Nothing is cheap or even affordable to the general public when it comes to brandslike Prada, Gucci, Fendi, LV, etc. It's like saying why does their wallet cost 10 times as much as a regular wallet.

I posted this several days ago in this thread. I picked this up for 29% off at Banana Republic a couple of days ago. Retail is $98.
br588163-01p01v01.jpg

br588163-01p02v01.jpg

i dont know about anybody else but this thread is helping me alot thanks everybody keep up the good work
pimp.gif

I work for the Federal Government so our dress code is sorta laxed, I still do my thing but I prefer drivers/loafers. Trying to get my shoe game right for thespring/summer.

I work for the Federal Government so our dress code is sorta laxed, I still do my thing but I prefer drivers/loafers. Trying to get my shoe game right for the spring/summer.
You don't need many pairs for this type of style. I have 3 pairs of shoes I can wear on the regular, and 2 pairs of dressier shoes for rareoccasions. I also love these shoes, couldn't believe how well they looked with jeans when I tried them on. With that said, I also bought.
laugh.gif

br547924-01av2v01.jpg

br547924-01av4v01.jpg

Aldo?
Also Banana Republic. I had to drive to 3 branches to find my size
laugh.gif
I like the dress appeal with sneaker-like midsole which was very comfy.

Oh yeah, not my taste, but I thought it was kinda cool. Cole Haan with flywire material. Now we can hoop like Kobe during lunch break!
C07287_A

C07610_A

C07285_A

Cole Haan Zoom Flywire, $168.

I read GQ occasionally, but just to get ideas. I love a lot of the outfits and styles they showcase, but when they're showing t-shirts for $100 and jeansfor $200, I'm out. 9 times out of 10 you can get very very similar items at Banana Republic or JCrew for a fraction of the cost (Nordstrom Rack and SaksOff 5th are also good) and still wear the stuff in a professional environment. Not to mention both these stores continuously have sales...can't beat a nicelooking dress shirt for $20 or $30.

I'm surprised with this being NT their hasn't been any mention of Brooks and Brothers and Jos A Bank
laugh.gif
, too pricey for me.

Brook Brothers suits are too dope! But I'm going to wait until I go to the homeland and get some customized since it's cheaper.

Cole Haan's go for pretty cheap at Macy's and Dillard's..

i seen a few at Dillard's last week for 50% off + and extra 30%

I think I've gotten all mine for under $60 down from $165-$199
pimp.gif

I also just copped some Clark's drivers for under $30 a few week ago at Macy's.

God, I wish there was a Nordstrom Rack around me.

Driving Loafers are so sick.

The brown ones pictured on the last page are the Cole Haan Howland Penny. I have a couple other pairs, but as far as comfort goes I think Johnston and Murphyare the best.
Here is a suede pair I have: http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=842&pid=60419http://www.johnstonmurphy....aspx?c=842&pid=60419
Frye makes a nice venetian driver too: http://www.thefryecompany.com/Product-Men-Shoes-Loafers_Moccasins-80610BLK.aspxhttp://www.thefryecompany...s_Moccasins-80610BLK.aspx

Does anyone know a good website that has good sports coats or nice slacks or khaki pants at reasonable prices?

Originally Posted by tml09

How would one go about this? What colors would work best for this outfit:

Blazer

Tie
Sweatervest
Dress- shirt
Dark jeans
A pair of shoes

I'm thinking about wearing this for a presnetation that is coming in the future. Can anyone help me pick out the brands/colors. Thanks a bunch.

Btw, I tried out the Hugo Boss dress shirts that were suggested earlier in the post, and they fit perfectly. I also tried out a few of their blazers and they fit very well, only need a small bit of tailoring and they will be perfect.

One last thing: Many of the blazer I tried on felt like they were too long. I am 6'2 and wear a 40, but I find the 40s to fit much better than the 40R. How short is too short is probably what I am asking.

I wore something similar, minus a tie, this past weekend for a party and got a couple of compliments. It wasn't too formal but it stood out against theusual jeans, dress shoes, and dress shirt.

- Grey Blazer (on the lighter side of grey)
- White Shirt w/ white v-neck undershirt
- Navy Blue Cardigan vest
- Dark Blue Slim Cut Jeans
- Black Driving Loafers w/ Black Belt
- Black Leather Watch

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Cole Haan's go for pretty cheap at Macy's and Dillard's..

i seen a few at Dillard's last week for 50% off + and extra 30%

I think I've gotten all mine for under $60 down from $165-$199
pimp.gif

I also just copped some Clark's drivers for under $30 a few week ago at Macy's.

God, I wish there was a Nordstrom Rack around me.
The Nordy Racks around here are garbage when it comes to shoes like this. They do have Nike's and J's though.
laugh.gif

i havent seen this posted yet, but Express has some pretty nice clothing and is a little cheaper then polo as well.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Pitman13

wj4, I randomly stumbled on your listing on bf.com, and peeped you were selling ur kicks for like $25ea, not surprised those moved fast.

My new wardrobe is more casual comfort. I'm not knocking anyone else, but I hate the way gap, and Levi jeans fit. Coupon codes, and sales are my friend, I got a pair of Fremont Slim Fit Jeans, tapered of course, that retailed for $200 for $69. Once I wore those, I immediately threw away my Levi's stf jeans.
What's bf.com? I'm on so many forums that I can't remember.
laugh.gif
I sold the majority of my shoes from SoCalEvo.net and my old jeans on E90post.com

It really pisses me off that the members can not read and always PM me to ship them out or where I'm located. Shipping out $20-30 shoes is so not worth the hassle on my part.

Ever since I saw Ocean 11 back in high school, I wanted to dress like George and Brad.
laugh.gif
The only Levi's I wear is the 514, fits my shape pretty well and Macy's usually have them on sale for $35 a pair. Sale and clearance sections are also my friend. There's no way I'm paying retail for clothes anymore. In the last 2 weeks, I spent around $350 and bought 17 articles of clothes..vests, dress shirts, and sweaters. Everything was at least 30% off, most being 80% off. I saw these Converse X Jack at Macy's and thought they were really nice, but I'm going to wait until I get a coupon in the mail before buying. I just need a pair of these and some Rainbow sandals for the summer and I'm set.
2328652412_310426964d.jpg
I'll co-sign that George and Brad thing
laugh.gif
.......That dude Rusty swag is through the roof!!
glasses.gif
i mean the best part ofoceans 12 was his grey suit. no lie
smh.gif
laugh.gif

and them kicks are clean!! they the cons x jacks you mentioned in your post??

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by 23Jordancollector

I can take any time of shirt to a taylor right? I bought two classic fit RL shirts some time ago, but I don't like the way they fit. I'm 5'7 and in high school so I want them tailored because I don't like tucking in my shirts right now.
Yes.

Taper = Make it more slim
Hem = Make it shorter

If you want to taper, you might also want to raise the armholes so it fits better. And make sure they take it in from the sides, don't let them take it in from the back which will give your shirt "princess seams".
Interesting....

So I guess I shouldn't get rid of all the Polo's I was about to sell since they are a little too big now...

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Pitman13

wj4, I randomly stumbled on your listing on bf.com, and peeped you were selling ur kicks for like $25ea, not surprised those moved fast.

My new wardrobe is more casual comfort. I'm not knocking anyone else, but I hate the way gap, and Levi jeans fit. Coupon codes, and sales are my friend,
I got a pair of Fremont Slim Fit Jeans, tapered of course, that retailed for $200 for $69. Once I wore those, I immediately threw away my Levi's stf
jeans.
What's bf.com? I'm on so many forums that I can't remember.
laugh.gif
I sold the majority of my shoes from SoCalEvo.net and my old jeans on E90post.com

It really pisses me off that the members can not read and always PM me to ship them out or where I'm located. Shipping out $20-30 shoes is so not worth the hassle on my part.

Ever since I saw Ocean 11 back in high school, I wanted to dress like George and Brad.
laugh.gif
The only Levi's I wear is the 514, fits my shape pretty well and Macy's usually have them on sale for $35 a pair. Sale and clearance sections are also my friend. There's no way I'm paying retail for clothes anymore. In the last 2 weeks, I spent around $350 and bought 17 articles of clothes..vests, dress shirts, and sweaters. Everything was at least 30% off, most being 80% off. I saw these Converse X Jack at Macy's and thought they were really nice, but I'm going to wait until I get a coupon in the mail before buying. I just need a pair of these and some Rainbow sandals for the summer and I'm set.
2328652412_310426964d.jpg

what are these? info please

any suggestions on a good pair of shoes to go clubbin in that are not too dressy but not to casual???

Originally Posted by IchewU

any suggestions on a good pair of shoes to go clubbin in that are not too dressy but not to casual???

I was going to suggest my regular pick of shoes but I think this is a perfect clubbing shoes.
The rubber sole makes it comfortable and casual yet it gives a striking dress shoe look.
If you can find one similar to these, I think you will be set with it.
PG_102217703_TH.jpg
PG_102235463_TH.jpg

For those interested in the Jack Purcell's WJ4 posted, here is a thread about them: http://niketalk.com/topic/75860?page=1

Back
Top Bottom