Dressing better

laugh.gif

You actually think people take my word as gospel?
Are you serious?
Just because SOME agree with what I say?
While MOST think I am crazy for wearing stuff like this and hate most of the stuff I post?

I think you are taking the thread too seriously to even think that and to judge me from a few pics.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

There's finally a J. Crew that's local to me so I can check out their sale selection more often now. Also I forgot to mention one thing about tapering, or any kind of altering for that matter...if you don't have a good tailor yet, don't go dumping your whole wardrobe off at once.
laugh.gif
My friend had a terrible tailor, I guess he thought it was convenience since it was on his way to work. He brought all of his jeans that needed to be done, and they all came back horribly.

There were always a JCrew in the Valley. The Westfield mall (by Riverside drive) has ahd one for a while now.
And Topanga mall got one a year ago.
The one in Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills is about 30 miles from my house, so that would be 60 miles round trip. I personally hate going to thatmall because it's about a 4-5 mile drive from the offramp. The new one at the Americana in Glendale is 7 miles away.

Edit: The local malls to me are Burbank, Glendale, and Northridge (somewhat). None had a J Crew prior.

You're right, I'm just in a bad mood right now and taking it out on the internet because in real life, I don't do %+%+. But I think that look ishorrendous, but you're wearing it obviously so my opinion is immaterial. I only wear STF 501s and some 527s in terms of jeans. I'm not a big jeansdude.

Lol, I admitted the pic sucks because of bad lighting and crappy camera and angle.
The pants does look a lot better and it does have a distressed style as it is a casual pair of pants, so that makes the pants look much more awful alogn withthe horrible quality.
The pic was more for comaprison of fit being tapered and untapered more than anything.

^^^ If those are new this season, then I have to try them on in the store.
Because their slimmest pair of pants felt pretty baggy to me, those model pics are misleading for the most part.

WJ4, Topanga should be around 15-20 minute drive (side-street) from CSUN though.
Not bad if you were in the area already.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I should also mention.

GAP and old navy are your friends as previously mentioned. you can get quality, simple gear to start off with.

black socks too. always
true......

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Yeah they're pretty new. I don't even think they're in stores yet.

Thanks for the heads up then. I need to check it out next time I'm in the store.

I saw the classic fit chinos, which claim to be slim, at the JCrew store but didnt bother to try them on because they seemed baggy. They had tons of them onsale for $20. Ill wait till they have those posted above in to try on, and pick up some more washed shirts
pimp.gif

I swear i need to become a stylist.. Hell I'd do it for free for the most part because I love fashion just that much.

Dudes on NT, and still don't know how to dress. It's a damn shame.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I swear i need to become a stylist.. Hell I'd do it for free for the most part because I love fashion just that much.

I never seen you in the WDYWT.....

the description met my criteria so I ordered some khakis and some glacier greys, the blue ones seemed to faded and I could never pull off the red ones
laugh.gif
......thanks

My brother has the skinny BDG jeans. The red ones looks baggy but those are almost skin tight on my brother.
If they are anything like my brotheres and you have a slightly thick thigh, you may have a hard time putting them on.
The bottom is also real tapered, so it's just a fair warning.

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I never seen you in the WDYWT.....

W.TF you wanna see me for? WDYWT ain't been poppin' since 04' homie. 90% of the fits in there are trash, but they still garner ISSesque commentslike "Dope fits everyone"..

Just because you rock a Supreme rag, and some outlet air maxes, with a AA hoodie don't make you a bit of fly kiddo.....

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

eff what anyone says, fonsworth bentley is one best dressed dudes in the game
1259bf.jpg

fonzworth-bentley-948ee7e7.jpg

pimp.gif
?
You know most people in the public eyes are dressed by professionals in the industry

To be honest, I doubt he has a stylist. He has been dressign up real well even when he was still Diddy's butler.
It has been his style for a while now and he most likely picks his own clothes himself.
I think he is one of the best dressed people in the entertainment business, if you can classify him in that category.
I even dare say that he is a better dresser than his former employer.

Hats/Fedoras
pimp.gif

15x8sy9.jpg

FYI, when picking out a fedora you may want to look into the "style" of the fedora, such as the shape, the crown setting, the fabric of the shell(panama, toyo, velour felt, suede felt, mink, etc.), the length of the brim (.5" to 2.5") , and maybe the trim. You want the hat/fedora to accentuateyour face and possibly compliment your outfit.

I can't see myself with a fedoras unless I'm in a 1920 Rolls or something.
laugh.gif

RFX-I'm only on campus 2 days a week now, only taking 2 classes this semester. I'm not too fond of the really west side of the valley, it's noteven SFV anymore.
laugh.gif

Everyone thought Bentley was a clown when he was first spotted holding an umbrella up for Diddy when he was on vacation several years ago and now...well,he's turning G's into Gents.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom