Dressing Better Vol 2.0

D dopeness based on the drape of that tie, it seems to have no structure. You positive that is a grenadine and not in fact a knit tie? They actually are dramatically different but understandably can be mistaken for each other.

M. Fresh M. Fresh Are you looking for loafers, drivers, or velvet slippers?

pinoy732 pinoy732 I was referring to drivers with Tods. As far as the Del Toros, I like the velvet and leather slippers
Unfortunately I am not well versed when it comes to drivers. However for loafers and slippers I have recommendations. In terms of the latter, Del Toro is the most affordable option I have seen (and entertained myself).

Would love some Stubbs & Wooton but have yet to seen them for a good price.

I copped some Stubbs a few years ago for about $200 at a local shop. Surprisingly, it was a pair they had left over for quite some time and it was discounted. I actually want another pair for the wedding.

The quality is great and get a ton of compliments when wearing them. I've been wanting to try out Del Toro, but have yet to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
@DOPENESS based on the drape of that tie, it seems to have no structure. You positive that is a grenadine and not in fact a knit tie? They actually are dramatically different but understandably can be mistaken for each other.
Probably because it's a square ended skinny tie. Mostly likely it's the angle of the pic, but yeah it's grenadine. Says so on the receipt. It's from 2013, washed it twice and ironed it after removing red wine stains. 

Last edited:
[@=/u/178882/DOPENESS]@DOPENESS[/@] based on the drape of that tie, it seems to have no structure. You positive that is a grenadine and not in fact a knit tie? They actually are dramatically different but understandably can be mistaken for each other.

Probably because it's a square ended skinny tie. Mostly likely it's the angle of the pic, but yeah it's grenadine. Says so on the receipt. It's from 2013, washed it twice and ironed it after removing red wine stains. 
receipt is definitely wrong. if square, I can guarantee it's a knitted tie.

Saturated purple shirt, yellow tie? 
roll.gif

receipt is definitely wrong. if square, I can guarantee it's a knitted tie.
laugh.gif
 probably, got it online. As I stated not really into them like that. Got it off of Tie Bar. Still looks 
pimp.gif

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
I copped some Stubbs a few years ago for about $200 at a local shop. Surprisingly, it was a pair they had left over for quite some time and it was discounted. I actually want another pair for the wedding.

The quality is great and get a ton of compliments when wearing them. I've been wanting to try out Del Toro, but have yet to pull the trigger.
Owned a pair of del toro drivers and I probably wouldn't pay no more than $150 for em. Also owned two pairs of stubbs (only have 1 pair now) and probably wouldn't pay no more than $250 for em either. Both great shoes.

Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly does the ordering process work with SEF Chelsea boots. When I visit their website the only picture I see is of the grey version, when clicking on the different lines there are several different option but all of them say "picture not available". How does someone not familiar with the process go about knowing what they're actually ordering as far as color, height, etc. I know under each thumbnail a color is listed but seeing an actual picture is a lot more helpful in determining my decision.

Del toros can be had for less than $150 all day everyday. They are also some of the least comfortable shoes I've ever had. And be prepared to bleed for days if you go without socks.

Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly does the ordering process work with SEF Chelsea boots. When I visit their website the only picture I see is of the grey version, when clicking on the different lines there are several different option but all of them say "picture not available". How does someone not familiar with the process go about knowing what they're actually ordering as far as color, height, etc. I know under each thumbnail a color is listed but seeing an actual picture is a lot more helpful in determining my decision.
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=3557793.0

Can't believe y'all playing down on the Gucci driver loafers.

Timeless

Y'all disappointed me sweetpea...

What are some good stylish footwear for the summer to pair with shorts ? I'm usually in some sort of casual white sneaker like chucks, stan smiths etc. Looking for something that'll go well when I want to dress it up a bit.

Loafers or drivers my best bet? Please shed some light fellas

What are some good stylish footwear for the summer to pair with shorts ? I'm usually in some sort of casual white sneaker like chucks, stan smiths etc. Looking for something that'll go well when I want to dress it up a bit.

Loafers or drivers my best bet? Please shed some light fellas

Birkenstock, Stan Smith, and loafer for me. Rainbow sandals for beach trips.

I don't know how you can dress up with shorts, unless you want to go high fashion route and go with dress socks and wing tips.

Can't believe y'all playing down on the Gucci driver loafers.

Timeless

Y'all disappointed me sweetpea...
Guess it depends on the region you're in, or the fashion circles who respect it. Besides my family and friends in the wastelands of the ghetto, I don't know anyone who wears Gucci loafers.

...maybe a few years ago you could get away with it in mainstream America. But definitely not now.

some of y'all need to post some fits with some of the comments y'all be spitting 

:lol:  Basically. Prada too. Let's not pretend here. If your job let's you wear Gucci loafers, then your place of employment is garbage.
might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in this thread. A bunch of people in my accounting firm wear ugly Gucci crap and make damn good money :lol:

Back
Top Bottom