Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Damn Gucci loafers are for the ghetto now????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Basically. Prada too. Let's not pretend here. If your job let's you wear Gucci loafers, then your place of employment is garbage.
Guess my millionaire bosses are garbage as well.

nerd.gif

Gucci loafers are in the same boat as AF1's ...while you may feel some type of loyalty to them, their time has come and gone. If you're wearing Gucci loafers in 2016, you're playing yourself and no one takes you seriously.

Ok
Birkenstock, Stan Smith, and loafer for me. Rainbow sandals for beach trips.

I don't know how you can dress up with shorts, unless you want to go high fashion route and go with dress socks and wing tips.

Maybe not dress up, but wear some shoes that are less casual. Guess it would be loafers or drivers? Boat shoes seem kinda played out

Gucci loafers are in the same boat as AF1's ...while you may feel some type of loyalty to them, their time has come and gone. If you're wearing Gucci loafers in 2016, you're playing yourself and no one takes you seriously.
Please grace us with a picture of the type of gucci loafers you're referring to. You're telling me if you seen someone wearing said shoes below, they are playing themselves ????

Last edited:

Nawl, B. I can't take you serious right now. :lol:

The Gucci Horsebit is timeless.

Gucci is timeless.

Just because it's not trendy to the urban world don't discredit them as "not serious."

Nawl, B. I can't take you serious right now.
laugh.gif

The Gucci Horsebit is timeless.

Gucci is timeless.

Just because it's not trendy to the urban world don't discredit them as "not serious."
laugh.gif
 ...I live in NYC. I work in Manhattan, the fashion capital of the free world.

I can assure you, if a stranger walked up in some Gucci loafers to a New Yorker trying to talk about anything other than asking for directions he's gonna be dismissed on site.

If you venture into the outer boroughs like Brooklyn or Queens, even Staten Island in the ghetto, sure you'll see people wearing them.

Even the Heights.

But no one who means anything in the real world would respect someone living in NYC without doorman but wearing Gucci loafers. 

You're playing "dress up" to real millionaires. You're playing yourself.

Last edited:

Prison tee

Del toros can be had for less than $150 all day everyday. They are also some of the least comfortable shoes I've ever had. And be prepared to bleed for days if you go without socks.

Never had that problem with Del Toros, I wear them every Friday in the summer

But you are right never pay full price between Gilt and seasonal discounts they can be had for under $150

Last edited:
:lol:  ...I live in NYC. I work in Manhattan, the fashion capital of the free world.

I can assure you, if a stranger walked up in some Gucci loafers to a New Yorker trying to talk about anything other than asking for directions he's gonna be dismissed on site.

If you venture into the outer boroughs like Brooklyn or Queens, even Staten Island in the ghetto, sure you'll see people wearing them.

Even the Heights.

But no one who means anything in the real world would respect someone living in NYC without doorman but wearing Gucci loafers. 

You're playing "dress up" to real millionaires. You're playing yourself.

Do you feel this (trolling) way about the whole Gucci line, or just loafers ?

Ok
Maybe not dress up, but wear some shoes that are less casual. Guess it would be loafers or drivers? Boat shoes seem kinda played out
Boat shoes played out? :lol:

I guess to the general public that caught the Sperry's wave only 4-5 years ago.

Going through the blog... outfits I've worn in hotter days, ranging from lounging around to beach to work. Madras, and linen are your friends.

This was the most I've dressed up with shorts, and I was sweating like crazy even though the jacket is not lined and linen.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/b517c3d23529512a9f827b015a1ecd7d/tumblr_n8901sDZOj1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Just going by the patterns I've seen on here the past 12 years, I can assure you within 3 years you will see people saying Chelsea boots are played out now. I guess it's just the nature of fashion.

Last edited:
Just going by the patterns I've seen on here the past 12 years, I can assure you within 3 years you will see people saying Chelsea boots are played out now. I guess it's just the nature of fashion.
3 years max. When I bought my first pair in 2012 or so, they were sitting on the shelves for the longest.

I'm surprised the Desert Boots are still going strong with the general public to be honest.

maybe lighter colored suede chelsea boots will be "played out" to those who only follow trends, but black/dark brown leather ones have been staple pieces for 40 years.

Do you feel this (trolling) way about the whole Gucci line, or just loafers ?
It's about the class of people who wear them. It just looks corny. Sitting in the offices and homes of real life millionaires changes how I view wealth and high fashion.

Sure, their closets are filled with expensive 5th avenue brands but I hardly see Gucci.

I see brands like Boss, Magli, Cole Haan, Sperry etc... Gucci is just seen as more ostentatious. 

Colin Farrel sums it up in that Phone Booth movie confession scene: "I wear all this Italian ****, because I still feel like the Bronx underneath"

...the high fashion hot spots like Meatpacking District, you see a lot of people who look like they stepped out of magazine. Most of the time they're making fun of people

rocking designer brands all wrong. Brands like Gucci.

Gucci has some nice pieces, just not footwear and especially loafers. 

Back
Top Bottom