Dressing Better Vol 2.0

yeah man. I got through one order via the Spring app before they wrapped that ish up :lol:

sucks because last year Atrium had 30% on cyber monday and thats how I caught a villain crew for the low. Not sure if it's worth risking passing up on the 20% from JE direct though as other stockists might exclude JE products as per the brand's demands.

yeah man. I got through one order via the Spring app before they wrapped that ish up :lol:

sucks because last year Atrium had 30% on cyber monday and thats how I caught a villain crew for the low. Not sure if it's worth risking passing up on the 20% from JE direct though as other stockists might exclude JE products as per the brand's demands.

SSense might hit hard tomorrow morning.. you think ?

I'm not even sure if this will go with anything i wear but I want them so bad. 
laugh.gif

Or should i get a red pair of Yeezys instead? These probably fit my overall style better
roll.gif
roll.gif

if this isn't a troll post

laugh.gif

Thanks for the link, repped

Does anyone know if J Crew Factory Driggs jeans are comparable to Uniqlo's slim or skinny fit jeans size wise? I have a few pairs of Driggs jeans/pants in a size 30x32 and they all fit me perfectly but being 6'1, I like that Uniqlo gives you the option to get 30x34 so I can cuff my jeans. Living in DFW unfortunately there are no places I would be able to try them on before purchase. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if J Crew Factory Driggs jeans are comparable to Uniqlo's slim or skinny fit jeans size wise? I have a few pairs of Driggs jeans/pants in a size 30x32 and they all fit me perfectly but being 6'1, I like that Uniqlo gives you the option to get 30x34 so I can cuff my jeans. Living in DFW unfortunately there are no places I would be able to try them on before purchase. Thanks in advance
I would say the Driggs is closer to the Slim fit from Uniqlo, but Driggs has a slightly smaller leg opening. The Driggs is also much lighter weight than the selvedge Slim I have from Uniqlo if that matters to you. 

I would say the Driggs is closer to the Slim fit from Uniqlo, but Driggs has a slightly smaller leg opening. The Driggs is also much lighter weight than the selvedge Slim I have from Uniqlo if that matters to you. 

I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on a slim fit pair. They have great prices for heavier selvedge jeans. If the leg opening is much wider I'll just have my tailor make them smaller when I bring it to him to have them cuffed. Preciate it!

Oh now I see why people are saying I was trolling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Yeezy-2-SP-Red-October-9-Mens-508214-660-Solar-Platinum-Blink-/321861336008?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D530eddb84d7582fdfd86b794%26rpp_icid%3D530ed9eb8991e4b1b09d9dd4

I mean, I don't know what I was thinking like I said when it comes to sneakers Ive been out of the loop lately. I wear mostly loafers, boots and my spizikes. 

The price on the spikes is reasonable though, that's about how much I paid for my spizikes like 4 years ago. They stood the test of time. :nthat:

i'll keep it brief, but basically you're all over the place and it's difficult to tell if you're being serious or not. if you got rid of all your old clothes because they didnt fit or are completely unstylish, then try reading through early pages of this thread or other style websites such as styleforum, reddit mfa and fashionbeans. nothing wrong with asking questions, but doing your homework first helps get better answers. acquiring your own taste/wardrobe based off seeing inspirational outfits is how most people function in here or in the real world, but take it with a grain of salt as something that looks good on another person may not fit you.

i honestly can't tell if you're crying out for help or trolling, either way it reminds of the dynamic between ryan gosling and steve carrell in crazy, stupid love.

i am curious as to how someone who signed up for a sneaker-based forum has no idea what red octobers are. doesn't really matter to me, just intriguing

Last edited:
There are ALOT of nice sneakers that are cheaper and look better than yeezys bruh.

Check out inneva wovens.
various flyknits.
y3 adidas.
sock darts.
eeem neon 95s.
silver 97s.
flax forces
Stan ******* smiths

Make your own style b.

Dudes are really going out of their way to sound like expert fashionistas. GTHOOHWT. :lol:  Anyone who is not gonna be like this guy, feel free to recommend me a good pair of chinos like the ones from levis I posted. Maybe I need to go to the Jordan thread to discuss the spikes separately, dudes in here are not having it. :lol:

i was trying to be genuinely helpful, but i guess i didn't say what you wanted to hear.

i'll try again:

don't buy blue pants if you think all you have is blue pants, don't buy those gloves unless your using them for a halloween costume, and only buy basketball shoes for playing ball if you're trying to wear sneakers in a smart, casual outfit.

check out jcrew for chinos as they have multiple fits depending on what you prefer, just don't pay full price as sales are common. charcoal, navy and another neutral color are pretty much all you need.

if buying $180 sneakers drains your expendable income then maybe it's not the best time to rebuild your entire wardrobe.

@LIONBLOOD -- where are you trying to transition your style? What's the style you're going for?

I have a similar "problem" in that I have a lot of navy pants. I've mixed it up with different shades of blue in different fabrics (wool, duck canvas, cotton twill).

@LIONBLOOD -- where are you trying to transition your style? What's the style you're going for?

I have a similar "problem" in that I have a lot of navy pants. I've mixed it up with different shades of blue in different fabrics (wool, duck canvas, cotton twill).
I also need semi-casual clothing that could double up as work clothes/tucked in look.  That's why I'm tryna stay away from jeans. 
Sounds like you already have most of what you need.

Just add some casual shirts (OCBDs, plaids, etc.) and some chinos that can be worn casual or dressed up.

JCrew with the 30off all items except for partnership; might have to try out the new 484 stretch denim

What size are you? I know i spoke highly of them in a previous post but after further observation they arent that slim. I wear 36x34 and they are shorter than 34". They are shorter than my gap skinnys w/ a 32" inseam.

So I got my pair of Chelsea in from Marks and Spencer, a brand that was recommended on KTT as a decent, cheaper alternative. I was able to get free shipping from the UK, but they didn't double box, luckily though my shoes somehow were fine. Shipping took 4 days less than expected so that was a plus. The shoes themselves are pretty nice on the upper; the suede is better than expected for $115, there is also a leather liner which I was not anticipating. Shape is a bit more bulbous than I would have liked, though nothing I will probably notice while wearing them. Again, not the best shape is what's expected at this price point. The soles are plastic and have a weird logo plastered on them. The heel is definitely not made of real wood, but I expected both features. So far I am happy with the purchase beyond the shipping procedure, but will update once I get to wear them in a bit. Side note: I went TTS 8.5UK (9.5 in AE and most sneakers) and they fit well, though could probably have gone down .5. 

Back
Top Bottom