Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yall see the new J. Crew x TNF jacket? just copped 
pimp.gif

Yall see the new J. Crew x TNF jacket? just copped :pimp:

I saw the red one in store yesterday. Looks nice but seemed kind of thin. Not sure if it had a zip-in liner but it should make for a nice windbreaker.

Ordered a Barbour Bedale yesterday after trying on in store. I'm pretty excited since it's been on my radar for a while.

anyways, yall really buying this j crew stuff.  

am i the only one that hates J crew?  i don't get it. 
+1. J Crew is over priced and low quality. The style of clothes is pretty classic american, would rather buy Polo since it holds up better.

polo is way overpriced too. I rarely buy anything from that brand. Paper thin down jackets for a few hundred bucks and leather jackets with cotton lining for crazy prices.

Polo is expensive but a quality product in my experience. J Crew clothes give out within a season or two. Not worth it for the price

I've been lucky. Still have jcrew sports shirts, sweaters, and coats from 5 years ago still in good condition.

i agree. the whole H&M quality thing is blown out of proportion.

i grab random things from H&M every now and then and things have held up great

Well I have things from H&M and J Crew that have worn away quick and some that have held up. The difference to me is that J Crew charges a lot more than I think the clothes are worth. 

JCrew x TNF collab looks like a regular North Face release and in need of a fleece insert to be warm. No real use for it as it's due to get colder rather than stay at windbreaker weather any longer.

Well I have things from H&M and J Crew that have worn away quick and some that have held up. The difference to me is that J Crew charges a lot more than I think the clothes are worth. 

never cop anything for retail my friend - KKKramer 
Exactly. Are you copping them at retail?

Their stuff always goes on sale. At those discount prices, it's a pretty good option.
I have H&M garb from 3 years back thats still held up fine.

What are y'all doing to these clothes
laugh.gif
For real. 

I think you guys might be doing something wrong.

Exactly. Are you copping them at retail?

Their stuff always goes on sale. At those discount prices, it's a pretty good option.

For real. 

I think you guys might be doing something wrong.
My issue with J Crew is that they try to come off as a premium brand but they are just a one off from Gap/Banana Republic/any other mall brand. I know you can get the items at a discounted price, which is the only way I'd buy anything from J Crew. 

My point is J Crew has a classic american style much like Polo, and I would rather pay retail/discounted prices for Polo than J crew because of higher quality and it being more of an actual premium brand. 

And guys, I know how to do laundry. Some people in this thread act pretentious about the dumbest things.  

Inb4 someone calls me out for calling others pretentious when I just acted pretentious about not liking J Crew 

Just caught up on 5 pages or so
roll.gif
Same for me, more like the last 10 however.  This thread is pretty remarkable.

In terms of quality of some of the brands mentioned, I can think of one item that I had quality issues with from J Crew as well as a pair of pants that stretched out tremendously compared to the same pair I had in a different color.  There was about a 2" difference in the waist between the two after similar amount of time owned and wears.  I was ability to return the faulty pair and got a store credit for full retail.  I also never pay more than at least 30% off retail and it's usually more like 50%+ when items are on sale with an additional 30%.  I still have some items that are literally at least 10 years old and others that I donated only because of fit or style.

H&M?  I think it can be exaggerated how all of its stuff won't last more than a few washes.  I haven't bought anything from there in a while but I can think of some items I had gotten a long time ago that held up really well, others that didn't.  The materials are substandard for the most part but the price reflects that. I do remember trying to buy a wool sweater there I would guess 7+ years ago and it was the worst wool.  Felt like they sheared off the sheep's nut sack and used it,

Back
Top Bottom