Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah, but they don't have my size
frown.gif

I REALLY liked that one too.

Would I be able to find a decent quality fair isle sweater at Uniqlo or H&M? I'd like it if it was lambswool.
What size are you looking for exactly? As far as I could tell, that specific J.Crew sweater you posted is available in all sizes that J.Crew offers. Also, J.Crew factory has a few Fair Isle sweaters available on sale plus their current 40% off promotion.

Yeah, he's aware that they're called Fair Isle but wanted suggestions for specific ones. I like the one he posted a lot...J Crew?

Yeah, but they don't have my size :frown:

Would I be able to find a decent quality fair isle sweater at Uniqlo or H&M? I'd like it if it was lambswool.

It looks like that's available in XSl-XL? You need XXL or something?

It's tough to find a good fair isle pattern though. I swear I've seen Gant has had some nice ones in the past but I haven't checked recently, Superdry is another. Otherwise check Nordsrom or Bloomingdales, it seems like fair isle sweaters have gotten way more popular in the last couple years so there should be options.

What size are you looking for exactly? As far as I could tell, that specific J.Crew sweater you posted is available in all sizes that J.Crew offers. Also, J.Crew factory has a few Fair Isle sweaters available on sale plus their current 40% off promotion.

I checked their factory website--They don't have the blue one in a medium.

Yeah, but they don't have my size
frown.gif

The one you posted is in stock for all sizes. And I'd advise against H&M's sweaters in general; mine was pretty bad quality and fell apart after a few washes--however, this was four or five years back.

The one you posted is in stock for all sizes. And I'd advise against H&M's sweaters in general; mine was pretty bad quality and fell apart after a few washes--however, this was four or five years back.

I wanted to pick it up at the Factory site. I do not want to spend $118 on an ugly sweater that I'm going to wear once for Thanksgiving Dinner :lol:

I checked their factory website--They don't have the blue one in a medium.
I see. However, the Fair Isle sweater that you originally posted is a J.Crew mainline item, not a factory one. Also, it's available in a medium.

Edit: just saw this
I wanted to pick it up at the Factory site. I do not want to spend $118 on an ugly sweater that I'm going to wear once for Thanksgiving Dinner
laugh.gif
You should head to your nearest outlet. I'd bet this item is fully in stock at most brick-and-mortar outlet stores. The 40% off promotion is for in store and online.

Last edited:
Can someone please help me fine a Fall holiday sweater to wear for Thanksgiving Dinner this year? I want something that's festive, but also has Fall colors incorporated.

Fair isle is something I've been looking into, but I can't find one I like. I would also like it if it was wool too.

Here is a picture for reference:

Nothing screams fall like a Shetland wool sweater, IMO (if you're into that simple Ivy/Trad look). The classic would be J. Press's "Shaggy Dog" line:

http://www.jpressonline.com/shaggy-dog-coral/

What are you looking for in a Fair Isle? In addition to the usual suspects--J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, Polo--Land's End and Burberry make some nice-looking ones (can't speak for the quality though).

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-lambswool-fair-isle-crewneck-sweater/id_259693

Or if you're up for it, you can always wear one of those jolly reindeer knits that Polo makes every year.

I'm not into the Lands End fair isle but I'd rock the hell outta this:

Hank Scorpio...if M.I.A.M.I. I was googling and came across this on the eBay:

Little diff but super cute

Last edited:
I wanted to pick it up at the Factory site. I do not want to spend $118 on an ugly sweater that I'm going to wear once for Thanksgiving Dinner
laugh.gif
If you're not going to wear it more than once a year, why buy it at all? Why not just buy a plain or cable knit that you'll wear more often?

^ I'll probably end up buying that RL, but I have a hard time justifying close to $200 after tax for something that will be worn once or twice max.

If you're not going to wear it more than once a year, why buy it at all? Why not just buy a plain or cable knit that you'll wear more often?

Because I want one of those Fair Isles man :lol:

I'm spending Thanksgiving with family this year and we're having the entire family over this year. I want to wear a fair isle sweater, because I know some people will get a kick out of it :lol:

Last edited:
Because I want one of those Fair Isles man
laugh.gif

I'm spending Thanksgiving with family this year and we're having the entire family over this year. I want to wear a fair isle sweater, because I know some people will get a kick out of it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Fair enough. You must dress pretty conservative normally; it would take one of those reindeer knits in turtleneck or something for my family/friends to bat an eye.

:lol: Fair enough. You must dress pretty conservative normally; it would take one of those reindeer knits in turtleneck or something for my family/friends to bat an eye.

Yeah, I wear a suit to work everyday and on Friday's I dress "down" casually. For the most people--they consider my casual Fridays to be "formal". My entire family seeing me in a Fair Isle this Thanksgiving would bring plenty of wide eyes and laughs.

Anybody know where to get White Linen pants at this time of year? Figured this would be the best thread to ask. Heading to Cancun in 29days and "white party" requires White linen Pants for males.

This man said the suit came untailored lmao. What's a tailor gonna do with those pant? Make 4 pairs of new pants?

saw this groupon and debating if its worth dropping 500 on a MTM suit and 2 shirts

http://www.groupon.com/deals/book-a-tailor-7

has anyone gotten a suit/shirt from these guys?

Sounds like a good deal for in person tailoring. That price is in line with online MTM
trouble is im hearing mixed reviews from what i can find online

some compare it to getting an h&M suit tailored while others love it

just hesitant to drop so much on a groupon thing

and from their FB pics some look on point others look meh

its looking like a crapshoot

https://www.facebook.com/bookatailor

trouble is im hearing mixed reviews from what i can find online
some compare it to getting an h&M suit tailored while others love it
just hesitant to drop so much on a groupon thing
and from their FB pics some look on point others look meh
its looking like a crapshoot
https://www.facebook.com/bookatailor

I've never heard of anyone getting a bespoke suit and two shirts for $500 and it coming out nice.

Back
Top Bottom