Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Is this a recent picture?

It was on NBA TV last night :lol: i saw it and immediately thought of NT...i was like that just might be the choppa suit to end all choppa suits

From browsing the thread a lot, it seems that the J.Crew Ludlow suit gets a great deal of praise. I want to pick one up in a staple color (grey or navy) and was wondering what are the sale prices like if they ever do go on good sales? I live in Canada so my J.Crew options aren't as great as in the US. Do they ever go below like 300$ for those staple colors?

Honestly, if you're looking at the ludlow I'd recommend SuitSupply...they have the outlet store now: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/outlet and the code is EARLYACCESS. They've got discounted suits for like $259 and SS is half canvassed whereas Jcrew are fused I believe so its better quality. Only thing is the sizes are limited bc people are copping stuff daily from the site however they seem to update pretty frequently on there. If you can swing it, a normal suit from them is $469 I believe which is roughly what you'd pay for a ludlow. I see you're in Canada too so I'm not sure how shipping would work since they have mainly US stores to my knowledge but on the outlet site they say free shipping anywhere in the world so I would try and call a store and see how that would work...also they have a variety of fits ranging from slim to more conservative fitting, peak/notch lapels too depending on the cut you want.

I love mine and Mych can vouch for the quality as well :smokin

Last edited:
S/O to whoever posted the nike Tech sweats and Memphis outlet info in here... they came out to $32 shipped and i picked up on of the last sizes left (Large in the grey)...

I'm short and kind of stocky so Im sure that although they will fit appropriately in the waist, they will more than likely be too long for me :rolleyes (all the Mediums had sold out, smh)

I am actually impressed with customer service i received...

The key to calling outlets up is to have the style numbers ready to go and be super nice, even compliment the folks...

Bear in mind that everyone and their mama has been calling their store up looking for the pants (and other items more than likely) so their patience is probably thin...

Keep your patience at higher levels and help them (style codes/sizing/cc info handy) as much as you can...

From browsing the thread a lot, it seems that the J.Crew Ludlow suit gets a great deal of praise. I want to pick one up in a staple color (grey or navy) and was wondering what are the sale prices like if they ever do go on good sales? I live in Canada so my J.Crew options aren't as great as in the US. Do they ever go below like 300$ for those staple colors?

Honestly, if you're looking at the ludlow I'd recommend SuitSupply...they have the outlet store now: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/outlet and the code is EARLYACCESS. They've got discounted suits for like $259 and SS is half canvassed whereas Jcrew are fused I believe so its better quality. Only thing is the sizes are limited bc people are copping stuff daily from the site however they seem to update pretty frequently on there. If you can swing it, a normal suit from them is $469 I believe which is roughly what you'd pay for a ludlow. I see you're in Canada too so I'm not sure how shipping would work since they have mainly US stores to my knowledge but on the outlet site they say free shipping anywhere in the world so I would try and call a store and see how that would work...also they have a variety of fits ranging from slim to more conservative fitting, peak/notch lapels too depending on the cut you want.

While suit supply is a good suggestion it sounds like my man is looking for a versatile suit to wear year round. A linen suit or chalk stripe suit for sale at the outlet don't really fit the bill

^
I don't buy lebron sneakers, but the xi's look nice to me. The ones in orange and the grey/purple colorways look awesome.

While suit supply is a good suggestion it sounds like my man is looking for a versatile suit to wear year round. A linen suit or chalk stripe suit for sale at the outlet don't really fit the bill

True yeah that's why I say he should try calling the main stores too, they'll have the staples he's looking for but just not sure about delivery to Canada :nerd:

Can someone please help me fine a Fall holiday sweater to wear for Thanksgiving Dinner this year? I want something that's festive, but also has Fall colors incorporated.

Fair isle is something I've been looking into, but I can't find one I like. I would also like it if it was wool too.

Here is a picture for reference:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Ya I've looked at suitsupply and like the price point for the quality of suit you're getting but shipping to Canada is definitely a problem. I thought the ludlow suit was at least half canvassed? And Pinoy is right in that I need a daily workhorse suit for work/daily activities so I need a more conservative staple colour.

You guys think T-mac is bad? The man is 6'8" with no steady stream of income. How is he going to find a suit that fits him properly without getting MTM or Bespoke?

Chris Paul is inexcusable though. Dude is barely 6 feet tall and 175lbs He should be able to find a properly fitting suit without much effort.

Last edited:
Chris Paul really stepped his game up though. One of the best dressed in the NBA right now (even though that isn't hard since everyone wears leather tights and Givenchy animal shirts now). His suits are on point these days fit wise

Last edited:
Chris Paul really stepped his game up though. One of the best dressed in the NBA right now (even though that isn't hard since everyone wears leather tights and Givenchy animal shirts now). His suits are on point these days fit wise

That's because he pays someone to dress him :lol:

Yeah, last time I checked--he's no longer playing in the NBA. Can you please elaborate where he has a steady stream of income from? I'd really love to know.
I'm sure TMac's choppa suit was a personal style choice rather than an affordability issue. A quick google search reveals that his 2012-2013 net worth was in the $75 million range. This is plenty for a few bespoke suits regardless of steady income.

edit: DJosey beat me to it

Last edited:
A quick Google search tells me he's worth over $70 million - so the fit to that suit isn't due to any financial hardship

I'm sure TMac's choppa suit was a personal style choice rather than an affordability issue. A quick google search reveals that his 2012-2013 net worth was in the $75 million range. This is plenty for a few bespoke suits regardless of steady income.

edit: DJosey beat me to it

Those income reports are VERY deceiving. We don't really know the "mechanics" of where or how his money is being kept or even spent. Look at fools like Antoine Walker, Allen Iverson etc etc

Professional athletes liquidate their wealth faster than most rich people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom