Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah, last time I checked--he's no longer playing in the NBA. Can you please elaborate where he has a steady stream of income from? I'd really love to know.

I'm sure TMac's choppa suit was a personal style choice rather than an affordability issue. A quick google search reveals that his 2012-2013 net worth was in the $75 million range. This is plenty for a few bespoke suits regardless of steady income.

edit: DJosey beat me to it

Bro's he is an NBA analyst on NBA TV...he has a steady stream of income....despite his net worth in the millions :lol:

Props to T-Mac though for having the balls to wear that on tv....and by that i mean "Props to T-Mac though for the dope years he played with Vince Carter on the Raptors"

Bro's he is an NBA analyst on NBA TV...he has a steady stream of income....despite his net worth in the millions :lol:

Props to T-Mac though for having the balls to wear that on tv....and by that i mean "Props to T-Mac though for the dope years he played with Vince Carter on the Raptors"

Didn't know he's an analyst for NBA TV.

Saw him a few times at some Rickets games, but that's about it. Good for him though. Must be a big change from making $10 million a year to $150k a year.

LOL at least Tmac is aware of his pants. Probably got roasted all over his twitter and Internet

Those income reports are VERY deceiving. We don't really know the "mechanics" of where or how his money is being kept or even spent. Look at fools like Antoine Walker, Allen Iverson etc etc

Professional athletes liquidate their wealth faster than most rich people.
What exactly is your point? Lets say, hypothetically, McGrady has only a forth of his reported net worth. He can still afford a bespoke suit. Even if he only had a million of his reported net worth in liquid assets, he can still afford a bespoke suit. Even if he's making a low six figure salary with his NBA analyst gig, he can still afford a bespoke suit..

Last edited:
What exactly is your point? Lets say, hypothetically, McGrady has only a forth of his reported net worth. He can still afford a bespoke suit. Even if he only had a million of his reported net worth in liquid assets, he can still afford a bespoke suit. Even if he's making a low six figure salary with his NBA analyst gig, he can still afford a bespoke suit..

If he has a million dollars, dude will not spend $7k on a suit. Especially if he needs to stretch that money out.

Don't even get me started on the whole "maintaining" a certain lifestyle either. It's damn near impossible for people to suddenly change lifestyles over night. I don't think you'll my point, but maybe i'm not explaining it clearer for you.

All I'm saying is that-- all those cars, clothes, jewelry, giving money out to family and friend shrinks REAL quick. Dude doesn't have any sort of SIGNIFICANT income coming in to maintain a lifestyle he's used to having. That's a dangerous recipe for bankruptcy. Now, if he has some investments going on (never heard of him to be the type to do this) then that's a different story.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we come to find out T-Mac is broke in 10 years.

If he has a million dollars, dude will not spend $7k on a suit. Especially if he needs to stretch that money out.

Don't even get me started on the whole "maintaining" a certain lifestyle either. It's damn near impossible for people to suddenly change lifestyles over night. I don't think you'll my point, but maybe i'm not explaining it clearer for you.

All I'm saying is that-- all those cars, clothes, jewelry, giving money out to family and friend shrinks REAL quick. Dude doesn't have any sort of SIGNIFICANT income coming in to maintain a lifestyle he's used to having. That's a dangerous recipe for bankruptcy. Now, if he has some investments going on (never heard of him to be the type to do this) then that's a different story.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we come to find out T-Mac is broke in 10 years.
So true...
tired.gif

Are you telling me that only multi-millionaires own bespoke suits?

I'm not going to clutter this thread arguing over a subject I really don't care much about but since you're in the business of handing out advise on NT, I'll leave you with this.. Sometimes it's more graceful to admit that you've made a misguided comment and move on.

You've made a lot of assumptions about a man and his finances as if you know him personally. Until you can provide some kind of evidence that suggests that his reported net worth is inflated, I'm going to have to believe he can afford a bespoke suit.

Last edited:
You guys think T-mac is bad? The man is 6'8" with no steady stream of income. How is he going to find a suit that fits him properly without getting MTM or Bespoke?

Chris Paul is inexcusable though. Dude is barely 6 feet tall and 175lbs He should be able to find a properly fitting suit without much effort.

Thats from draft night like 8 years ago.

Last edited:

I am pretty sure the NBA still regularly pays former NBA players for their years of service. I am unsure of the exact amount but the longer you played in the NBA, the greater the amount of the check and he played in the league for 16-17 years. He signed a long-term partnership with Adidas, which will last beyond his playing days. He also own two companies and is an Analyst for NBA TV so he has a few steady source of income. I don't know T-Mac personally but he always seemed like a smarter guy and probably wouldn't go through his money like someone like A.I. would.

Last edited:
 Are you telling me that only multi-millionaires own bespoke suits?

I'm not going to clutter this thread arguing over a subject I really don't care much about but since you're in the business of handing out advise on NT, I'll leave you with this.. Sometimes it's more graceful to admit that you've made a misguided comment and move on.

You've made a lot of assumptions about a man and his finances as if you know him personally. Until you can provide some kind of evidence that suggests that his reported net worth is inflated, I'm going to have to believe he can afford a bespoke suit.

I'm not saying he can't afford a bespoke suit! I'm just saying...it's not that uncommon to see a lot of athletes look the way T-Mac looks after leaving professional sports. Which is why it's understandable for most people to think he's gone "broke" after seeing him wear that monstrosity of a suit. The world revolves around trends and facts and reality is gauged on these trends for the most part. It wouldn't be too far fetched to have the thought of T-Mac potentially going broke come across someone's mind.

Do you understand where I was going? If not, then I don't know how else to "level" with you. If so, I'll drop it.

I am pretty sure the NBA still regularly pays former NBA players for their years of service. I am unsure of the exact amount but the longer you played in the NBA, the greater the amount of the check and he played in the league for 16-17 years. He also signed a long-term partnership with Adidas, which will last beyond his playing days He also has two companies of his own and is an Analyst for NBA TV so he has a few steady source of income. I don't know T-Mac personally but he always seemed like a smarter guy and probably wouldn't go through his money like someone like A.I. would.

It's the NBA pension plan. You pretty much summed it up, but the exact figures and numbers aren't widely known or readily available. I think you have to play in the league for 7 years to qualify. Then again, all of the rules might have been modified or changed all together since the recent collective bargaining agreement.

I think his deal with Adidas is still active, but no one knows for sure how long it lasts. Unlike A.I, T-mac's deal with Adidas isn't for a lifetime. I have no knowledge of his two companies. Maybe someone can shed more light on this.

The NBA TV analyst gig is an absolute joke, comparatively speaking. That job doesn't pay any more than $200k.

Yeah, he's aware that they're called Fair Isle but wanted suggestions for specific ones. I like the one he posted a lot...J Crew?

Yeah, but they don't have my size :frown:

I REALLY liked that one too.

Would I be able to find a decent quality fair isle sweater at Uniqlo or H&M? I'd like it if it was lambswool.

Can someone please help me fine a Fall holiday sweater to wear for Thanksgiving Dinner this year? I want something that's festive, but also has Fall colors incorporated.

Fair isle is something I've been looking into, but I can't find one I like. I would also like it if it was wool too.

Here is a picture for reference:
Nothing screams fall like a Shetland wool sweater, IMO (if you're into that simple Ivy/Trad look). The classic would be J. Press's "Shaggy Dog" line:

http://www.jpressonline.com/shaggy-dog-coral/

What are you looking for in a Fair Isle? In addition to the usual suspects--J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, Polo--Land's End and Burberry make some nice-looking ones (can't speak for the quality though).

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-lambswool-fair-isle-crewneck-sweater/id_259693

Or if you're up for it, you can always wear one of those jolly reindeer knits that Polo makes every year.

Those leopard pants are for men?

Leaf camp is cool, got a book bag like that…. please post pics when you wear these pants

Back
Top Bottom