Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Speaking of high end, anyone here had any bad experiences in high end stores?
I'm always treated very nicely at Emporio Armani but Gucci is straight up full of extremely arrogant people.
I was in the Gucci store with a friend (female) who dresses in vintage type clothing and some employee straight up told her to leave because "if you can't afford it don't come here". She has a 100K+ inheritage lol.

i never understood and probably never will understand the elitist attitude that some employee of high end stores have.....i know they make a base wage and/or commission, but clearly not the owners and heirs of the company!

Uniqlo is opening a new store in palisade center ny, the grand opening specials apply to all stores. The linen shirts are down to $20 from $30, scooped up white, purple, green & a plaid pattern. Also, styleforum is buzzing with the slim fit oxford button downs for $30, the auality & fit are awesome, picked up blue & white.

good to know! i've been inquiring about oxford shirts. too bad they're lagging on opening a store in LA, but i may order so i can check out their oxford shirts...

I always go dressed like a bum anywhere I`m about to spend alot of money at. A Black dude dressed in sweats and house shoes, ain't nobody tryna help me. So the person that does help me deserves what ever commission, or sales numbers they get from me.
They treat like that because hey know you want their stuff more than they want to even deal with you. I couldn't support a company with bad customer service especially if I'm spending LARGE amounts of money.
i never understood and probably never will understand the elitist attitude that some employee of high end stores have.....i know they make a base wage and/or commission, but clearly not the owners and heirs of the company!
good to know! i've been inquiring about oxford shirts. too bad they're lagging on opening a store in LA, but i may order so i can check out their oxford shirts...
Its really rude and no item is worth my pride.  If your unhappy with the treatment, you can always report them to BBB

Uniqlo is opening a new store in palisade center ny, the grand opening specials apply to all stores. The linen shirts are down to $20 from $30, scooped up white, purple, green & a plaid pattern. Also, styleforum is buzzing with the slim fit oxford button downs for $30, the auality & fit are awesome, picked up blue & white.

Passed Palisades on Sunday and saw the sign for Uniqlo, Nacho you live up near Palisades Center?!

I always go dressed like a bum anywhere I`m about to spend alot of money at. A Black dude dressed in sweats and house shoes, ain't nobody tryna help me. So the person that does help me deserves what ever commission, or sales numbers they get from me.

I've personally experience the rudeness at high-end stores, especially Gucci, no matter what I'm wearing, which is frankly ridiculous.

Heads up fellas. Saw somewhere that for shining, using a piece of panty hose for the final buff helps bring out a better luster. Here's a pic of the difference:

Photo Left: Un-PH'd
Photo Right: PH'd

I want to keep developing my skills when it comes to shoe shining so I can make them look like glass but so far, pretty happy with the results. :smokin

Last edited:
Heads up fellas. Saw somewhere that for shining, using a piece of panty hose for the final buff helps bring out a better luster. Here's a pic of the difference:

Photo Left: Un-PH'd
Photo Right: PH'd

I want to keep developing my skills when it comes to shoe shining so I can make them look like glass but so far, pretty happy with the results. :smokin
This guy just snatched some from his girlfriend without her knowing :lol:

Bro, you forever get shout out by me when I wear the camo.... :lol:

My Cali fam, I will be in Carlsbad, CA (San Diego) April 13th - 18th.  Please tell me where I should go.
Is this for work? Dang, the LA Nters about to caravan down to meet you :lol:

I've only been to San Diego once for work. I stayed for a weekend, and there were nice places to eat and bars...parking and expressways were $$ though. I would give you names, but I can't remember. I was lost most of the time myself.

^Lol pretty sure I robbed my mom. Found it in an old drawer in the guest room no one ever goes in. Mine now 8)

My Cali fam, I will be in Carlsbad, CA (San Diego) April 13th - 18th.  Please tell me where I should go.

Head to Old Town San Diego, the parking is relatively cheap and free if you find it on the street. It's a few blocks of everything from old historical buildings like the first Wells Fargo bank to your tourist shops to artisan shops, may be even a thrift shop or two. There is this lady outside of this Mexican restaurant that sells fresh hand made caramel flour tortillas and chocolate tortillas...yes you read that right lol. For dinner I highly suggest Fiesta de Reyes which is in the same area. The food is amazing and so is the ambiance.

Here's a couple of links:
Old Town SD:
http://www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com

Restaurant:
http://www.oldtownmexicanfood.com

Where can a brother find a nice light blue denim shirt?
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-chambray-long-sleeve-shirt/075397-65-005

Is that what you had in mind? Much better alternative to the $90 J Crew/ $60 BR version
Thanks! i didn't know uniqlo made a cost reasonable alternative.  that is what i meant, but i was thinking an even lighter wash. if possible even, i think an almost sunbleached denim color would be interesting.

Does dress code of a company dictate if someone should wear a suit or not?

I read somewhere that even if the dress code of the workplace is casual that a person should still wear a suit for an interview.
This might have been old info though. Thanks for the advice guys. Any other pointers regarding attire for an interview?

For my current internship, I knew it was super laid back and casual but I still wore a dress shirt and tie to the interview. I guess I'd wear the suit jacket too if I knew it was super formal but if I know it's laid back, I'll wear a shirt and tie minimum.

Long time lurker and I've posted here and there but this is what I wore today for work. I know it's not much but I'm starting to get more and more into DB and less into sneakers cause of my current internship. Always open to any comments, suggestions, etc.. Shirt is Merona, pants Levis 508, and shoes are Doc Martens. I used to stay wearing hoodies and shorts. :lol:

Good looks on that Discount Mag deal, copped 3 years of GQ. Was going to use Ebates and saw it was 26% cash back but price went up to $60. You have to go to the St. Patrick's tab at the top of the page for $11.99.

Where can a brother find a nice light blue denim shirt?
H&M & GAP have some nice ones if you want them at a decent price.

J CREW makes an awesome denim shirt, quality too
i actually checked Gap and J. Crew today. neither make a lightwash denim shirt.  I was disappointed.  Well, J. Crew does.. for $90 and $340
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Catching up on the thread...about the undershirts. What type of deodorant/antiperspirant you guys using? I know that aluminum is the main factor to give guys the piss color armpit stains lol

I use Tom's unscented.  Works well. 

Last edited:
i actually checked Gap and J. Crew today. neither make a lightwash denim shirt.  I was disappointed.  Well, J. Crew does.. for $90 and $340 :lol:

is this what you are looking for?...sorry for the repost bros

if so check H&M bro, they have tons, and also a darker wash, still light though.....H&M always has these type of shirts....for 27$

Last edited:

Feel free to PM me with what you're interested in and i'll try to point you in a good direction.

Carlsbad is northern San Diego, you'll be about 30 minutes north of Old Town San Diego, Downtown, etc. San Diego is pretty spread out so you can expect to do a good bit of driving if you want to see different areas.

Carlsbad has an outlet mall that is pretty well known. They have outlets for Brooks Brothers, Polo RL, Barneys NY, Ferragamo, and some others that might seem interesting. I'd say it's worth a look since you'll be close by.

has anyone seen the JCP quited farm jackets in a SMALL in stores recently? I'm on a search for all the colors. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom