Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm definitely gonna check our local UO back by school for those Roshes too then....leaving the A today, back to the grind of school next week :smh: senior year is FLYING by bros

Jc penny had some nice stuff dirt cheap and went to h&m bout some cuffed sweats and they had is dope sweater I picked up form 7 bucks

Fit for SXSW last night. Flyknits will be my go to this summer.

Wasn't sure on these but they're NICE
Might pick up the blacks as well
I like. Upon first glance I thought the bag was part of the shoe, a la Cole Haan :lol:

UO at Americana in Glendale didn't have $35 Roshes but I was tempted by the Levi's jean vest:

My friend wants to do a shoot next week. I'll keep you all posted.

Adrian was probably cleaning the shoes to some Nas songs :lol: it's pretty relaxing actually I find. Just have some music to zone out to as you're cleaning away.

Glad you were able to get your pair, Wis! I was able to help 1 out of 2 friends snag a pair earlier as well. Dope Flyknits above me, I want a pair but can't justify dropping another $150 so soon :smh:

I've finally given up finding a good tailor in D.C.

I thought i finally found one. Charged a decent price, but the quality of work is inconsistent.
Hemmed one pant well, the second pair was asymmetrical.

The other tailors charge ridiculous prices.
$40 for sleeve shortening (nonfunctional buttons)
$40 for taper and hem
$25 for taking in the waist

Can anyone recommend a reasonable tailor in the DMV area.
There should be a website solely for tailor recommendations. Yelp and Google kind of suck for this.

(Man, I miss the quality and fair prices of so cal)

Damn, those prices are ridiculous. I pay $14 for a taper and hem, $6 to take in the waist here in the Bay Area

As Nters say "the thirst is real". When I was buying shoes regularly, even the 11s were easy to get. Just show up an hour before at your choice of store and you were good. The only time I came out empty handed were the Pharrell Dunks and clear Espos :lol:

Last edited:
As Nters say "the thirst is real". When I was buying shoes regularly, even the 11s were easy to get. Just show up an hour before at your choice of store and you were good. The only time I came out empty handed were the Pharrell Dunks and clear Espos :lol:

Luckily, I haven't came out empty handed yet *knocks on wood* lol. When I started buying shoes, no one cared at all about 1's. I'm shocked that the prices for the Royals are so high. Luckily my cousin was able to get my pairs for me. I paid a little over US retail but no biggie. I just hope the Black/Gold 1's & Black Toe 1's won't be hard to get.

Did anyone score anything good from Gap? I'm about to head over there later today since it's pretty close to my campus.

Last edited:
I like. Upon first glance I thought the bag was part of the shoe, a la Cole Haan
laugh.gif

UO at Americana in Glendale didn't have $35 Roshes but I was tempted by the Levi's jean vest:
eehh don't liek denim vest,  but that one looks nice.

Luckily, I haven't came out empty handed yet *knocks on wood* lol. When I started buying shoes, no one cared at all about 1's. I'm shocked that the prices for the Royals are so high. Luckily my cousin was able to get my pairs for me. I paid a little over US retail but no biggie. I just hope the Black/Gold 1's & Black Toe 1's won't be hard to get.

Did anyone score anything good from Gap? I'm about to head over there later today since it's pretty close to my campus.

I grabbed a slim lived in shirt and it's actually really nice, one of the best fitting OTR shirts I've ever owned. Grabbed a pair of the straight selvage too. Total was a little over $80

I grabbed a slim lived in shirt and it's actually really nice, one of the best fitting OTR shirts I've ever owned. Grabbed a pair of the straight selvage too. Total was a little over $80

Pics of the shirt? I haven't bought anything from Gap in years (I think 3 or 4) lol.

Here ya go man. Plan on using for the summer, it's lightweight. It's all crinkled because it's the "lived in" shirt btw

Damn, those prices are ridiculous. I pay $14 for a taper and hem, $6 to take in the waist here in the Bay Area
Those are great prices.

My tailor charges $10 for hem, $20 for hem with cuffs. The most I pay is about $60 per pair for a recut.

I ended up getting the jean vest from the local Macy's with a 20% off coupon. With Macy's, at least the branches I go to, they still use the coupon even if you don't have one.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...t?ID=798918&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...t?ID=798919&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

I got the 2nd one. The color looks way different in real life. I also have no idea how they derived at the color name of 'Whiz Kid' :lol:

They run small, size up one if anyone is interested.

I e-mailed Allen Edmond's shoebank about a week ago to no avail. Is there a number to call or something?

stopped by HOH in Harlem today, first time in a couple years and saw a couple of my old people there today, one of them; the manager was telling me how the sneaker culture is ridiculous now, pretty much people reselling even for a $20 profit. As he said "everyone is a reseller nowadays" which sadly seems to be true, very few true good people left out there, marmourjr being an example of this.

Reactions: wj4
Back
Top Bottom