Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What's good with J Crew? I hear good things about it but it's pretty expensive here. Bout the same price as Hilfiger.

Not worth it IMO (unless you're buying a henley or some tees from there). Their shirts have that typical American brand fit(puffy back and midsection to accomodate for our increasingly fat population) and design (that stupid pocket on the chest)..in addition the brand is obsessed with the "vintage" look which makes a lot of their clothes look like you took them off a homeless person. The washes on the jeans are horrible, and for how much you pay for their clean washes you can buy some APCs instead. You're better off buying European brands (assuming that they're cheaper over there for you guys than here in the States) that need no/minimal tailoring

@DZaster thanks bruh they are one of my favorites. i love wheat sneakers. anyone got wheat hi SBs size 11 :nerd:, please respond

Today:

Also flipped the camera over for a vertical shot, per K's suggestion :smile:

Will visit the camera store in a bit to see for smaller tripod suitable for weekday uses since it's too tedious to break out the regular tripod daily.

dope fit! info on shoes :nerd:

Bro
Bro I know I asked you before what type if jeans you wear but I can never find the post I ask in or Pm...
So,

What type if jeans do you wear or at least in this pic...

Or do you just always just go get your pants hemmed and taped? An that's why they look perfect...

melofan15 got it right they are h&m off the rack, i sized up cause they are skinny. only problem is when i tuck in shirts the waist is to big. i will be tailoring some or my more quality denim next month tho i need to give these a break and they are a lil to tight for my liking but all my other jeans are unwearable cause they need to taper :smh:

NT appreciation

nice fit fam

sorry y'all. diddy boppin all night long :lol:

:smokin

Last edited:
Not worth it IMO (unless you're buying a henley or some tees from there). Their shirts have that typical American brand fit(puffy back and midsection to accomodate for our increasingly fat population) and design (that stupid pocket on the chest)..in addition the brand is obsessed with the "vintage" look which makes a lot of their clothes look like you took them off a homeless person. The washes on the jeans are horrible, and for how much you pay for their clean washes you can buy some APCs instead. You're better off buying European brands (assuming that they're cheaper over there for you guys than here in the States) that need no/minimal tailoring
Damn you sound salty as hell 
laugh.gif

I like the vintage look though. I only wear designer but I'm trying to switch it up a bit.

Just trying to get an idea of the quality.

As for EU brands being cheaper here that is definitely correct, the price difference between Emporio Armani and Hilfiger is very minimal for example.

Damn you sound salty as hell :lol:

I am, if I'm paying that much for shirts, I expect them to be crisp and trim without any alterations :smh: :lol: Not trashing the brand completely, l always hit them up if I need a henley or tee shirt. Those actually fit really well, maybe even a little too slim

While I must agree their collaboration brands like Wallace & Barnes might be getting a but ridiculous, I can't agree with you on their jeans, that 484 slim fit is awesome and they have it in a ton of varieties including chinos and selvedge denim...as far as their shirts, I have a handful and I love the fit, their polos also, compared to the other brands on this level Banana, Zara, Gap, tommy, they are well ahead of the curve in my opinion, yes a bit pricey, not so much if you stick to the store brand and away from collabs plus they always have promotions and good sales...still I'd choose Jcrew over any of the similar brands any day.

I am, if I'm paying that much for shirts, I expect them to be crisp and trim without any alterations
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Not trashing the brand completely, l always hit them up if I need a henley or tee shirt. Those actually fit really well, maybe even a little too slim
I know they fit better than Polo for sure but that isn't saying much. Who do you go with for shirts? I've always had a problem with them being too long in the waist but fitting in the shoulders or vice versa.

While I must agree their collaboration brands like Wallace & Barnes might be getting a but ridiculous, I can't agree with you on their jeans, that 484 slim fit is awesome and they have it in a ton of varieties including chinos and selvedge denim...as far as their shirts, I have a handful and I love the fit, their polos also, compared to the other brands on this level Banana, Zara, Gap, tommy, they are well ahead of the curve in my opinion, yes a bit pricey, not so much if you stick to the store brand and away from collabs plus they always have promotions and good sales...still I'd choose Jcrew over any of the similar brands any day.
QFT I plan on going and getting some of their denim very soon. Are the 484s tapered? 

Last edited:
Didn't realize you weren't in the states.
No worries lol. Idk how Hilfiger's prices are over there but I always use Ralph Lauren as a classic example.

So much more expensive over here than in America it's unreal.

I've always just purchased shirts on sale and just gotten them tailored...I'll buy a $30 shirt from Macy's or something, then get the waist and back fixed for $12. For dress shirts I stick with Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit with the french cuffs. No chest pocket and the fit is :smokin for the most part

I also like Uniqlo. A chambray shirt costs $98 at J crew and $30 at Uniqlo. I have one from both and the quality of the Uniqlo shirt is identical to the more expensive one.

the 484 fits fine, but most of the washes are just horrible in my opinion. They look nothing like what they do online; the pair I got in the mail a few days ago just looks straight up dirty. Went to my local store to exchange them and the others were equally disgusting. And K Steezy I acknowledged that they do have some good looking washes, but not for the price...their selvedge jeans are $225 and their chinos are $75. There are many better options at those price points

Honestly I think Express makes the best fitting/looking shirts off the rack for a decent price. It's a shame that their clothes are horrible quality though. I only wear the ones I still have left in dark settings/clubs, because after 1 hour of wear (after being freshly ironed/pressed) they end up looking :x from all the wrinkles

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to submit my entries to tsb with the Eiffel Tower, arc de triumph, louvre, and Versailles in the background lol

My Cole Haan outlet only has the black/pink and grey/volt lunargrand wingtips in stock. They weren't very helpful in finding other stores that carry different colorways. Does anyone live near an outlet that has other colorways in stock? Specifically ones without a neon sole...

Anybody know where I can find a pair of boots like these? The closer the match, the better.

The Visvim Cantor Folk's were a limited run boot and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

If you're a 8, 9, 9.5, or 10, Tres Bien still has these.
Haven't looked in a while but pretty sure Human Behaviour has them too, although it's going to run you 1000+

My Cole Haan outlet only has the black/pink and grey/volt lunargrand wingtips in stock. They weren't very helpful in finding other stores that carry different colorways. Does anyone live near an outlet that has other colorways in stock? Specifically ones without a neon sole...

Don't think there are any other colors as of now. Woodbury (NY) wasn't very helpful either when I called but she said that there were only two or three colors in stock. Hope that helps.

Haven't looked in a while but pretty sure Human Behaviour has them too, although it's going to run you 1000+
Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, I'm a 10.5. I was prepared to pay the price. My eyes have never seen a more appealing pair of boots.

Gagjr: It was done by Epaulet when they did shoes. Sold for around $250 or so, but they had a few pairs left and dropped it to $75.

Dudes, stop calling Elkin Kolumbia since there is a Columbia here too :lol:

At those prices, J. Crew isn't worth it at all. I can't believe Tommy sells for that high too. I guess this is why a good number of Epaulet's customers are international.

Don't think there are any other colors as of now. Woodbury (NY) wasn't very helpful either when I called but she said that there were only two or three colors in stock. Hope that helps.

Thanks man. The sales associate said the same thing at my store but I asked because someone mentioned that they were able to order the navy or brown cw for the same price.

just realized that I should check if that cole haan card came in and low and behold it's been sitting in my mailbox at school!

thanks again jesusshuttlesworth34!
Quick question though. I see the card says that we need to present photo ID and that it only works for family. Do you think they'll actually ask to see and make sure my last name matches or do they kinda just say whatever? Thinking about making a trip up to Jersey Gardens and seeing what's good. Or jesus, do you think I could call the cole haan outlet number and put this pin in? :nerd:

Hmmm plan on taking care of my dress shoes. As of now I have no shoe trees in any of my shoes, any links on some decently priced ones? Nordstroms cedar ones are 19.99.

Also looking for any type of good suede conditioner, cleaner, and protector if anyone has any good links.

Thanks fam

Last edited:
Hmmm plan on taking care of my dress shoes. As of now I have no shoe trees in any of my shoes, any links on some decently priced ones? Nordstroms cedar ones are 19.99.

Also any links to one of those things that help you put on a pair of shoes to avoid the heel creases (metal stick- sorry don't really know the name)? Also looking for any type of good suede conditioner, cleaner, and protector if anyone has any good links.

Thanks fam

If you are near a Nordstrom Rack, shoe trees there are $12.95 and made by Woodlore.

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, I'm a 10.5. I was prepared to pay the price. My eyes have never seen a more appealing pair of boots.

http://www.conceptshop.com.hk/ViewItemDetail.jsp?CID=9&SID=34&Page=17&ID=14589

I think it's a proxy store though so there's no guarantee of them having it but at least you can try.

Back
Top Bottom