Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I bought the 1972 QS Deep Red this morning. Plan on wearing it with a suit at a wedding next weekend... Good choice?
Please don't, doesn't matter what the setting is.

Y'all better be careful with the clutch talk and anything remotely effeminate. NTer JChambers has a strange obsession with this thread and refers to it whenever he can if he sees someone wearing something he thinks is questionable.

What am I missing? What has JChambers said? :nerd:

Last edited:
I'm going to rock it with one of my Ralph Lauren suits... I think I'm gonna be alright.
What the **** does a Ralph Lauren suit matter? It's not a good look. No matter the material, how Nike branded them or whatever, they're sneakers and its a wedding.

I don't even know why you asked if you were determined to wear them regardless.

Please do not wear sneakers with suits. It's a very mid 2000s high school dance type of thing to do...

I feel it's more of a musical performer look. I can picture r&b singers wearing suits but then dancing around in luxury brand sneakers.

Why so hostile? I was just asking a question and looking for input...
No hostility at all, that was just my way of getting my point across. I just don't understand asking for input and if its a good choice if you only plan on ignoring it. I doubt you'll find anyone here that thinks those are a good idea to wear to a wedding.

Like I said, I don't really care what the setting is. Maybe you come from a completely different background but if it was my wedding and someone I invited wore those or any sneakers to it, I'd think it was kinda disrespectful.

Even though I've actually gotten away from sneakers compared to the past, I still love them but know there's a time and a place...a wedding isn't one. If someone can't put the sneakers away for a big event, I'd see it as selfish.

That's just my opinion. I know they're part of some pack that's supposed to imply they're dressy I think...which also includes a pair of Trainer I. Just because Nike slaps a label on them or uses a certain material, doesn't make it okay.

Last edited:
Please do not wear sneakers with suits. It's a very mid 2000s high school dance type of thing to do...
A lot of folks wore white AF1 low tops with ill fitting khakis and dress shirts to prom and homecoming :lol: :frown:

A lot of folks wore white AF1 low tops with ill fitting khakis and dress shirts to prom and homecoming :lol: :frown:

Yo, speaking of AF1s, I was thinking about copping some lows because I need some white sneakers. I'm tired of my Purcells :lol: I think I can dress them up a little :wink:

My girl bought me this card holder and it's amazing. I don't really have a need for an actual billfold since I only carry cash when I go out drinking or something like that. You can barely see the Coach emblem which is perfect

Have a black one going on 7 years...Still looks great

Yo, speaking of AF1s, I was thinking about copping some lows because I need some white sneakers. I'm tired of my Purcells :lol: I think I can dress them up a little :wink:
Do it. If I didn't have white low top sneakers already, I'd get some white AF1s to work in. Haven't seen them being sported in the last 5 years or so.

I'm still using my Guess wallet from high school (I'm 25). Yes, I get a lot of flack for using a Guess wallet as a 25yo, but mainly from my female friends. They be like "Oh my god George, you're a little too old for a Guess wallet."

*shrug*

I refuse to let my current girlfriend buy me anything beyond a 20$ wallet.

I was wearing 46 and 48 waist pants last year, and fit into a sz 36 easy today. What is considered avg Mens sizes? I wanna make sure I can rock designer gear lol

I was wearing 46 and 48 waist pants last year, and fit into a sz 36 easy today. What is considered avg Mens sizes? I wanna make sure I can rock designer gear lol

:lol: I'm around 34-36 myself. Always thought 34 waist was average, never had a problem find any denim or trousers in my size

Congrats on the weight loss bro

Last edited:
:lol: I'm around 34-36 myself. Always thought 34 waist was average, never had a problem find any denim or trousers in my size

Congrats on the weight loss bro

Thanks I think I might start running into issues with having a Small Waist but big Quads/Calfs any of you guys have that issue? Would sizing up on Slim/Skinny jeans maybe help with that? I`m not trying to be a body builder but I do plan on bulking when I finish my weight loss to add some thick ness and I`m not tryna be forced to rock Sean Jean type jeans and crap lol

Thanks I think I might start running into issues with having a Small Waist but big Quads/Calfs any of you guys have that issue? Would sizing up on Slim/Skinny jeans maybe help with that? I`m not trying to be a body builder but I do plan on bulking when I finish my weight loss to add some thick ness and I`m not tryna be forced to rock Sean Jean type jeans and crap lol

I have a 29-30 waist and big quads. In pictures, it always looks like I'm wearing baggy pants, even though I can't move if my pants were any tighter :lol: I always have to buy size 32 pants and have the waist taken in. Relaxed fit pants kinda work, but they just look sloppy

Last edited:
Why so hostile? I was just asking a question and looking for input...

imo it depends on the type of wedding it is, not all weddings are extremely formal and warrant a tux and shiny shoes, some are more casual, some are in Barns/parks/backyards/bars for God's sake, some of the trendiest weddings ive shot at have been on the more fcasual end of of the spectrum at very trendy bars in brooklyn, etc....i think some of you guys have a very old school mentality when it comes to these things, if the wedding is casual, i would rock those kicks with a navy suit a white shirt and no tie, throw in a pocket square and skip on the belt, something like this

you are a guest, having been a groom in the past im calling ******** about any of you even having the time to notice and even worst be upset about the choice of footwear of one of your guests, lettuce be cereal.

I have a 29-30 waist and big quads. In pictures, it always looks like I'm wearing baggy pants, even though I can't move if my pants were any tighter :lol: I always have to buy size 32 pants and have the waist taken in. Relaxed fit pants kinda work, but they just look sloppy

one day I want to invest in a pair of high end denim, but it seems the "popular" stuff is super slim. For some lame reason I dont like going places and trying stuff on, I`d rather just cop online. I want to get to a point where I can just order off size listed and not be scared that it wont fit.

Yup. I have that problem with my APC PS, and I'm pretty average built. idk about sizing up, because I haven't tried that. You just gotta figure out the right fits. It's hard when it comes to denim

Back
Top Bottom