Dressing Better Vol 2.0

my "ToJ" :frown:

Does dress code of a company dictate if someone should wear a suit or not?

I read somewhere that even if the dress code of the workplace is casual that a person should still wear a suit for an interview.
This might have been old info though. Thanks for the advice guys. Any other pointers regarding attire for an interview?
No bro, you are pretty much correct. An interview is always your first impression, REGARDLESS of the job your applying for. Always look at at an interview as your chance to look the best in your life. You want those people to think your qualified for the job.If you show up casually, they are gonna think you don't respect the job or the responsibilities it intails. Thats why it caught me off guard with that guys comment as if suits are only good for office job interviews.

your flyknits awesome(still need those orange joints u be wearing). Still don't like cuffed pants/jeans but it seems to be the style your running with. Cords J crew?The jacket looks cooler on the right hand side. Man-purse not my thing, but its cool for others.

Last edited:
Didn't say that it was unecessary in general, just that for the most part, you don't need to wear one for work where I live unless you're a lawyer. At most places you'll be seen as trying too hard if you wear anything more than a dress shirt/pant combo. I work/have worked in some of the biggest companies in the Silicon Valley, so it's not like I'm at a small time office where there's no dress code

i think is a matter of stop worrying bout what anyone else thinks, if i worked in an office with a relaxed dresscode where they just require slacks and a button down, ill be the dude in a suit, because i dress for myself and if im mandated to wear slacks and a shirt, i might aswell feel great in a suit, but thats just me....whatever anyone else may think has me without worries....thats the irony of this thread, most people who clown it do so because they feel this is a place for props fishing, a place for members to stroke their ego, they say....when in reality most members in here dress the way they do for themselves....take Adrian for example, if dude was dressing for anyone other than himself and trying to impress those around him, you wouldnt see dude in a suit and some allen edmonds cruising through campus, because im sure that look gets him more of those "wth is this dude wearing" "does he know this is college?" looks than anything else...me for example, do i have to suit up to shoot a wedding?....not really, most photograhers that shoot weddings dont suit up, all black is the safe route, you can practically be ok wearing a black polo, black jeans, but i like to suit up, i feel good doing it, i do it for myself.

yeah the messenger bag is Jcrew, bros :lol: ive had it for like 2 years and is beat to the ground, but its held up, carry my macbook in it....the cords are also Jcrew, 484 slim fit, but i had them tapered and hemmed to fit even slimmer....thanks for the feedback on the jacket, still cant bring myself to pull the trigger on the ToJ mainly because of how impatient i am, but ive had this pleather crap for like 2-3 years from express, its held up pretty good, i love the perforated look.....

noob - flyknits are amazing fam....havent liked a pair of kicks the way i do these in a while.

edit**

i even used them for crossfit :rofl:

not dressing better worthy material in spoiler

Last edited:
im not really one for high end clothing, but luxury accessories are definitely something i'm into. LV certainly has a lot to offer there this season.

Only Lv I'd ever buy are probably the glasses. Just not a fan of their stuff. LOL at the dude with a sweater and shorts on at the beach. You nat hot bro?

im not really one for high end clothing, but luxury accessories are definitely something i'm into. LV certainly has a lot to offer there this season.
Likewise. For high end clothes, I'd go bespoke or even MTM since you can configure more. With avant garde stuff, I may bite the bullet if the prices are good enough.

if you really want one just go ahead and do it. the thing with LV is that they have annual or bi-annual price increases. i belt that might cost you $450 today will likely cost you $500 6 months to a year from now. you will never be able to get it cheaper than it is now unless you buy second hand where you always run the risk of getting taken for a fake

The one "high end" brand I really don't like is Gucci.

I really want an LV belt.
embarassed.gif
Not a fan of super high end brands at all. I wear Emporio Armani pretty much every day but that's as far as it goes.

Not even that expensive really, maybe a little bit more than your average Hilfiger clothes here.

I have a Gucci Belt and Versace shoes but that's about it for real high end brands.

to be honest, although most (myself included) consider LV high end, there are certainly brands that are well beyond in terms of price and quality. this happens to be one of my favorites

to be honest, although most (myself included) consider LV high end, there are certainly brands that are well beyond in terms of price and quality. this happens to be one of my favorites
Agreed. Goyard is very nice and underrated compared to LV. There are brands that are def more $ than LV. The grand daddy is Hermes for sure. Still need to cop mom a Birkin bag sooner or later.

I wouldn't buy luxury formal footwear though. That's my picky category.

The one "high end" brand I really don't like is Gucci.

I really want an LV belt. :wow:

I have belts by both, and let me tell you...the quality of the Gucci leather blows away LV. It's not like the LV leather is terrible or anything...but the Gucci belt actually feels well built and expensive. The LV belt feels like something I could've picked up from an Express sale

i should have taken pics, but there were a few stores in paris that had lines to enter. one was the Goyard store (not the one pictured but one right across the street where they sell their purses/totes and other smaller accessories), the chanel store (there are also 3 on the same street, again only the one that sold women's handbags had a line), and the flagship Christian Louboutin store. at each one, the line consisted of very few locals and tons of asian tourists lol

i should have taken pics, but there were a few stores in paris that had lines to enter. one was the Goyard store (not the one pictured but one right across the street where they sell their purses/totes and other smaller accessories), the chanel store (there are also 3 on the same street, again only the one that sold women's handbags had a line), and the flagship Christian Louboutin store. at each one, the line consisted of very few locals and tons of asian tourists lol

LOL! Us asians love us some luxury brands! :lol:

I'm happy we have a Goyard flagship here in the Bay...makes shopping for legit wallets or purses for the wifey a lot easier. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom