Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yup.Switch out the Wu-Tang tee with a plain v neck and the Supreme with a SF Giants cap, and that's pretty much what I wear most of the time :lol: Only time I "dress better" is at a formal party or high end club/restaurant

Latest pickup. :pimp:

Last edited:
Dressing Better folk, I need some help. I know the best bet is obviously go to the store and try out suits, but I just want to know the general size range I should be at when looking for a suit. 

I'm 5' 10' 5'11 and aroudn 155-160 pounds. Looking to buy a slim fit suit. What size ranges should I look at. Also what dress shoes would go good with a plain black suit. The suit will be for interviews. 
you're around my size/height, betting you are a 38R. Reference the first post of this thread for ideas but i'm begging you and the rest of us will concur...don't get black (unless someone's dying) buy a charcoal or navy suit. Much more versatile and both black/brown shoes would work with the suit. Also for slimmer suits, definitely go in stores to try them on. Do you have a price range you are looking at?

Yeah man, don't go black. If its your first suit, I would go charcoal. Also, as stated, no matter how much your slim fit costs you, remember that you will need money for alterations to achieve the look you desire.

First Happy Birthday to Carlin!

Two, Black suits are only suitable for funerals and weddings, even weddings could be pushing it...although many of us married guys would say funerals and weddings are the same thing lol. Outside of that black suits also remind me of waiters and waitresses.
also suitable for hostesses at CPK and the like

:rofl:

Btw...hope you guys enjoy this. Ended up walking over to the diner on campus tonight with my girl. Since it was a quick trip, figured there was no reason to throw on a tie ( :lol: ) so I busted out a classic fit I would've rocked maybe just two years back just for old times sake..hope you all enjoy

#nostalgia |I
yes, I know this has nothing to do with DB, I just posted for da lulz
Man, there is nothing wrong with the outfit at all! It fits in this thread fine because everything fits you properly. Thumbs up.

I really like that fit Adrian! I wish I dressed down more

Fellas, let us stop wearing camo for a week or so. Me thinks we scared off RFX from posting :frown: :lol:

Btw...hope you guys enjoy this. Ended up walking over to the diner on campus tonight with my girl. Since it was a quick trip, figured there was no reason to throw on a tie ( :lol: ) so I busted out a classic fit I would've rocked maybe just two years back just for old times sake..hope you all enjoy

#nostalgia |I
yes, I know this has nothing to do with DB, I just posted for da lulz

Don't try to defend the fit man, don't forget that "dressing better" is MUCH more than just suit and ties.

Whenever reading this thread, I always hear the no black suit for interview thing. Just curious what's the anti-black suit theory for interview settings? Also, when is a black suit suitable?

Price range, not really sure, not too expensive. I'm still in school, so I don't have much money. The suit will be for med school interviews/things related to this. 

Thanks

I say if you wanna wear a black suit wear it.
dressing or changing your style based on other peoples opinions is futile.

I'd wear a black suit over camo any day. Over the net I hear how metallic buttons are tacky or grandpa'ish.
Most people follow trends, or advice from some personal stylist.

I on the other handI like to use my own style and be flashy but not too flashy.
I find most style here in America boring and plain they play it too safe and end up looking like everybody else.

Whenever reading this thread, I always hear the no black suit for interview thing. Just curious what's the anti-black suit theory for interview settings? Also, when is a black suit suitable?

Price range, not really sure, not too expensive. I'm still in school, so I don't have much money. The suit will be for med school interviews/things related to this. 

Thanks

I'd wear a black suit over camo any day. Over the net I hear how metallic buttons are tacky or grandpa'ish.

I find most style here in America boring and plain they play it too safe and end up looking like everybody else.

I'm not quite sure the "if you want to wear it, wear it" mentality applies to this situation. It's a job interview, not a leisure activity. There are no specific guidelines for the color of an interview suit but you must take into consideration that this will be his only suit. It makes more sense to invest in a charcoal or navy because it is more versatile and will serve him better for future events where a suit is required.

Black suits are simply more formal, which is the reason why it's not as versatile as say a blue or charcoal suit, doesn't mean it's whack....if you already have a navy and a grey suit, a black one should be next on your list.

I have friends with business degrees and they go into interviews wearing black suits. My brother does as well. I doubt the interviewer looks at them negatively for wearing it and not following the idea that the internet hates black suits. People always say there aren't rules for clothes but then they say there things you shouldn't wear.

The way I think about it is

Charcoal - business (would be my first choice to an interview)

Navy - "casual" pretty much the type of suit you can even wear to meet your inlaws (if your name is Adrian)

Black - "formal" type of suit I'd wear to my jobs New Years party, to the opera..lol, wedding, for obvious reasons a funeral...I wouldn't wear it to an interview, because IMO you'd be over dressed.

** as stated though, as long as you have on a suit, an interviewer most like wont give two damns.

Last edited:

Thanks

Don't wear a black suit to your interview.

Actually, don't buy a black suit until you need to go to a funeral.

get a charcoal or navy suit, tailor it to perfection, and see how much you can do with it throughout the years

The way I think about it is

Charcoal - business (would be my first choice to an interview)

Navy - "casual" pretty much the type of suit you can even wear to meet your inlaws (if your name is Adrian)

Black - "formal" type of suit I'd wear to my jobs New Years party, to the opera..lol, wedding, for obvious reasons a funeral...I wouldn't wear it to an interview, because IMO you'd be over dressed.

** as stated though, as long as you have on a suit, an interviewer most like wont give two damns.

Agreed. However i think a midnight navy suit is acceptable in almost any situation, personally it's my go to

Yeah navy would be the most versatile of all, it was my first suit and should be everyone's first suit to be honest.

I have friends with business degrees and they go into interviews wearing black suits. My brother does as well. I doubt the interviewer looks at them negatively for wearing it and not following the idea that the internet hates black suits. People always say there aren't rules for clothes but then they say there things you shouldn't wear.
The point is black suits are not nearly as versatile as people think. If its your only suit black is a horrible option.

i wore this black suit last year to photograph a wedding, the older women at the wedding were digging it, i swear i was being groped by these 3 40yo+ women all night...lol you dont always have to wear it with a black tie, i threw on a pretty light tie to bring the suit down to a more casual level.

Back
Top Bottom