Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i love distressed jeans...and i think they can be dressed up...i like this look, would have gone with some white or black balenciagas instead tho..

Those aren't nearly as distressed as the one marmour posted though :lol:

Another question: For those that use some kind of hair product... what do you use? I'm looking for something that will make my hair moldable, but keep it light at the same time. Some stuff I've used in the past has made my hair somewhat hard.. and I hate that :rolleyes

Recommendations?

Use pomade, it doesn't make the hair hard like gel does. As TypeR said, American Fiber is a decent brand, they also have different types on how much hold you need and how much shine, I prefer matte myself, no shine. I use Kiehls creative creme wax or the molding paste. I'm pretty happy with it.

Synthese is on a level most people never reach. He has been killing it. I can't remember ever not admiring his fits honestly. :lol:

Thank you to everyone who recommended hair products, I think I'm going to try American Crew Fiber!

Last edited:
I noticed that a lot of the members in this thread like the raw and indgo denim...

Do any of you guys like distressed jeans? Do you feel you can dress up distressed jeans?

For example:
Aside from the monstrous cuffs, I think he pulls off the distressed denim look. Considering the newsboy cap controversy in recent posts, I believe that's well represented in this fit as well.

Aside from the monstrous cuffs, I think he pulls off the distressed denim look. Considering the newsboy cap controversy in recent posts, I believe that's well represented in this fit as well.
man except for the guys on the right all those fits are horrible

Last edited:
man except for the guys on the right all those fits are horrible

Agreed, the top half doesn't look bad though. But the first dude, I'm not feeling anything about that whole fit
Actually I don't like any of those fits as a whole, except for the very last guy

Last edited:
I really hate being negative, but tonight in my marketing class there was a kid who was trying to dress well because it is a higher level business class. He was wearing baggy black pants, black square toed shoes, a v neck with a shirt underneath, and a tie.

The thing that bothered me was 1) Square toed shoes are awful, the toe was covered in mud, and the majority of the shoe was covered by the pants, almost to the point where you could only see the toe.
2) The "V" of his vneck was going over the tie and the top two buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned. It looked like a giant clumb of cloth stuffed into his neck. I didn't know whether to help or just shake my head in disappointment.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is... do you guys ever see mistakes and want to fix them? Or do you just let people do their own thing?

I really hate being negative, but tonight in my marketing class there was a kid who was trying to dress well because it is a higher level business class. He was wearing baggy black pants, black square toed shoes, a v neck with a shirt underneath, and a tie.

The thing that bothered me was 1) Square toed shoes are awful, the toe was covered in mud, and the majority of the shoe was covered by the pants, almost to the point where you could only see the toe.
2) The "V" of his vneck was going over the tie and the top two buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned. It looked like a giant clumb of cloth stuffed into his neck. I didn't know whether to help or just shake my head in disappointment.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is... do you guys ever see mistakes and want to fix them? Or do you just let people do their own thing?

I let people do their own thing. Less competition for me when I'm trying to get girls :lol:

LET EM ROCK FAMBS.

KINDA LIKE WHEN IM AT DA GYM.

SHOULDA SEEN THIS IDIOT THE OTHER DAY DOING WHAT I CAN LOOSELY DESCRIBE AS SQUATS.

I KNEW SOMETHING DUMB WAS GONNA HAPPEN.

HE DIDNT PUT DA SAFETY THINGS SO HIS WEIGHTS SLIPPED OFF

AAAAAAND THEN HE STARTED DOING CLEAN AND PRESS. MOTHER OF GOD I WANTD TO SAY SOMETHING.

DIDNT.

I just leave them alone even if I want to say something or give advice, I still won't. Just the same way that you shouldn't worry about what you wear, online it is easier to critique and judge and say your opinion but in real life no one will really say outside of close friends and loved ones who just have harmless fun.

I've been there, when I started dressing up I was worried what others would think or say if I wear this or that but once I got the courage to step out and noticed that no one really gave a damn what I was wearing, it was all just in my head. You'll actually hear/receive more positive reactions or compliments in real life than negative comments or looks.

You have to let it go if not everything you ever see on someone you're going to want to help them change it. I'm a teacher and honestly 90% of the men at work don't know how to dress well. Lets just say about 90% wear squared toe shoes and wear things about 1-2 sizes too big just to give you an idea.

It is what it is. Im at the point where I'll probably find a flaw on most things that people wear if I'm asked so I just ignore it.

The cuffs are his own personal style though.
Although I personally prefer my jeans in a slimmer silhouette and my cuffs much shorter, what actually attracted me to this fit was that it screamed personal style. With that said, I think the cuffs are a bit ridiculous.

Normally, it's not a big deal, and I'd just let it be. However, I'm kinda friends with the guy and I want to help him. I explained the best I could in my post but he looked ridiculous. I don't want him thinking he's doing it right because it's embaressing. :rolleyes

Thanks for the opinions though guys, I guess I'll let him learn by himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom