Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Going to go buy my first pair(probably pairs) of gap jeans after my shift 5pm est; ive mostly worn levis/apcs/dockers

I have been browsing the website for a while, and the fits seem similar in name and aesthetic to levis/apcs, but do they fit the same?

What is a slim fit-straight(levi/apc) = into a gap fit? Straight Levi/apc=gapfit?

I'm probably going to waste an hour there trying out jeans to get a right fit, regardless, but I hate to walk into a store and not know what i'm going to buy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Weather has been crazy. 10 degrees a couple days ago. 60 today.

I dont remember which ones I bought, but the ones I got from Gap last year didn't last me any time before the crotch blew out and I just threw them away.

Weather has been crazy. 10 degrees a couple days ago. 60 today.

Great fit my man! I'm probably going to wear something similar tonight... it's quite warm here.

Need some help fellas... can anyone help me identify any of these boots? Specifically top right and bottom left. :smile:

Last edited:
Thin Finns are EXTREMELY tight man.It might be better that you have to go up a size. It will shrink when you wash them, but they will stretch right back out with wear. Most people I know that get Thin Finns size up anyway.

@W I love that sportcoat but I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive thing I've seen from J Crew! :x

Yea, I understand they are kinda tight. But I tried on my 33x34 in the store before purchasing them, and I liked how they fit. I also sized up as well, If my memory serves right.. my actual size would of been around a 31x34.

he's looking at a non-raw pair though. there won't be much if any stretch or shrinkage at all.

No, they're not raw, but they're 98% cotton. Like anything that's majority cotton, they will shrink if washed with warm water and they will stretch with wear.

nudies are also sanforized. shrinking will be negligible. if someone knows how to do laundry correctly shrinking on all clothes can be kept to a minimum

Exactly. I only mentioned shrinking because I know the first time I washed mine I did it with luke warm water and air dried them, and they shrunk alittle bit.

The shrinking is minimal, but it is still worth mentioning. :smile:

Thanks for the help everybody, Rep'd.

So is the general consensus, to just go along and get the 34x34 pair?

Real talk, how do y'all go about finding thrift stores. I'm down in central Florida for a week and I have Tampa 30 minutes away and Orlando 1hr :nerd:

Thin Finns are EXTREMELY tight man.It might be better that you have to go up a size. It will shrink when you wash them, but they will stretch right back out with wear. Most people I know that get Thin Finns size up anyway.

@W I love that sportcoat but I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive thing I've seen from J Crew! :x

Yea, I understand they are kinda tight. But I tried on my 33x34 in the store before purchasing them, and I liked how they fit. I also sized up as well, If my memory serves right.. my actual size would of been around a 31x34.

he's looking at a non-raw pair though. there won't be much if any stretch or shrinkage at all.

No, they're not raw, but they're 98% cotton. Like anything that's majority cotton, they will shrink if washed with warm water and they will stretch with wear.

nudies are also sanforized. shrinking will be negligible. if someone knows how to do laundry correctly shrinking on all clothes can be kept to a minimum

Exactly. I only mentioned shrinking because I know the first time I washed mine I did it with luke warm water and air dried them, and they shrunk alittle bit.

The shrinking is minimal, but it is still worth mentioning. :smile:

Thanks for the help everybody, Rep'd.

So is the general consensus, to just go along and get the 34x34 pair?

You didn't mention that you sized up before man. If you liked the way the 33x34 fit you should just wait to get a pair that size. :smile:

Loose the fedora.

Naw... kid IS pulling off the look.

Great fit my man! I'm probably going to wear something similar tonight... it's quite warm here.

Need some help fellas... can anyone help me identify any of these boots? Specifically top right and bottom left. :smile:

[/quote]

Top right could possibly be Clarks? http://shop.kithnyc.com/products/desert-mali-boot 8o

or http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~49582/49582.jsp

I think the 2nd link is the actual boot.[/quote]

Thanks man :)

Last edited:
You didn't mention that you sized up before man. If you liked the way the 33x34 fit you should just wait to get a pair that size. :smile:

Thats the thing. I hit up their Web Shop's twitter account and they said they are discontinued, and every other online retailer I checked are sold out. :smh:

I used the http://www.nudiejeans.com/fitguide/ tool (compared the measurements of a 33 vs. 34), and for the most part the change is .5cm differences in the Front Rise and the Leg Openings, which seems very insignificant, but then again I don't know how much of a difference that would be in person..

for those who have eastland shermans, is the general consensus to full size down?  i wear a 9.5 in roshes and nbs if that helps

i want those cole haan lunar grand in neon. but i cant see myself pulling that 250 price tag. would love to wear them during fashion week though smh

Thats the thing. I hit up their Web Shop's twitter account and they said they are discontinued, and every other online retailer I checked are sold out. :smh:

I used the http://www.nudiejeans.com/fitguide/ tool (compared the measurements of a 33 vs. 34), and for the most part the change is .5cm differences in the Front Rise and the Leg Openings, which seems very insignificant, but then again I don't know how much of a difference that would be in person..

One size is a lot more than it seems but because they're such a slim jean I'm sure that you could pull them off... but I would look for something different in something that definitely fits you though. You already sized up so sizing up 2 could potentially be bad.

If the place that you've found them in that size has free returns you may as well just take a shot though!

Last edited:
I noticed that a lot of the members in this thread like the raw and indgo denim...

Do any of you guys like distressed jeans? Do you feel you can dress up distressed jeans?

For example:

i dont think there is anyway possible to dress up those jeans. a worn in or faded pair sure. but not a pair that distressed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom