Dressing Better Vol 2.0

despite rugged footwear being over, had to bust out my RW's for this inclement NJ weather yesterday. Here's the fit of my last first day of undergrad classes:

also, whats the new challenge? i'm down for the one article of clothing worn 3 ways.
This is great, A. Excellent example of dressing up rugged boots.

Entry inspired:

As far as the challenge goes...I propose we keep the rugged footwear challenge until this Monday, especially extending it so the members can vote on what the next challenge would be. So far it looks like it's up between layering and wearing clothing multiple ways. We will eventually do both, but the winner will just be the first challenge, and the other will be the second one.

wow Wis...from the club collar to the ticket pocket to the double monks, stellar outfit my man :pimp:
Thanks, man. I have ticket pocket on all of my jackets except the Thom one since that has patch pockets.

let me add the pattern mixing on the pants and the blazer are superb!
Thank you, kind sir.

^^^ Agreed.

Those shoes are great. Amazing as usual Wisith.
Thanks, man!

dammmmm b i will pay you to shop for me
You gotta look out for those deals, man. J. Crew gets pretty cheap after Xmas especially when they have the half off on the sale, then 35-40% off on top, and add the 15% student on top.

Last edited:
As far as the challenge goes...I propose we keep the rugged footwear challenge until this Monday, especially extending it so the members can vote on what the next challenge would be. So far it looks like it's up between layering and wearing clothing multiple ways. We will eventually do both, but the winner will just be the first challenge, and the other will be the second one.

Just a suggestion, I think Adrian (the OP) can add a poll to the thread so we can vote on future challenges.

Anyone wear Nudie Thin Finn? I really want the Superused Grey pair, but EVERYWHERE is sold out, but found a pair 1 size bigger than what I actually wear.. I usually wear 33x34, but luckily found a 34x34.. just wondering is this a huge difference? Noticeable difference? Will it shrink if I washed them?

Thanks for the love Wis and for the blog post!
As for adding polls, I'm down to do that guys but being that I have never done that before, if I add one, would it be shown on this page or the first post only?
If it will be on this page, what exactly are the challenges being proposed?

Also dealing with sales, when I copped that J.Crew sweater a few days back, they had 50% off final sale in stores stackable with 15% student discount. If still running, definitely go check that out.

Last edited:
im liking that camel sportcoat
It is definitely nice and luxurious. But $1k? for a sports coat that's not fully canvassed with functional button holes and lapel hole? And all camel hair is not equal too. Me thinks J. Crew's is mediocre at best.

That camel... 

Anyone have some nice scarves? It seems like they last a while, so I should splurge on a nice one. 

It is definitely nice and luxurious. But $1k? for a sports coat that's not fully canvassed with functional button holes and lapel hole? And all camel hair is not equal too. Me thinks J. Crew's is mediocre at best.
The description states that the buttons at the cuffs are nonfunctional and the camel hair is sourced from England's Joshua Ellis mill (for whatever that's worth). No mention of whether it's fully canvassed, half canvassed or fused. With that said, a price point of nearly 1k seems extreme for a J. Crew sportcoat.

Anyone wear Nudie Thin Finn? I really want the Superused Grey pair, but EVERYWHERE is sold out, but found a pair 1 size bigger than what I actually wear.. I usually wear 33x34, but luckily found a 34x34.. just wondering is this a huge difference? Noticeable difference? Will it shrink if I washed them?

Let's take a guess at how deep of a discount this will go down to :lol:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/sportcoatsandvests/PRD~22011/22011.jsp

Thin Finns are EXTREMELY tight man.It might be better that you have to go up a size. It will shrink when you wash them, but they will stretch right back out with wear. Most people I know that get Thin Finns size up anyway.

@W I love that sportcoat but I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive thing I've seen from J Crew! :x

Thanks for the love Wis and for the blog post!
As for adding polls, I'm down to do that guys but being that I have never done that before, if I add one, would it be shown on this page or the first post only?
If it will be on this page, what exactly are the challenges being proposed?

Also dealing with sales, when I copped that J.Crew sweater a few days back, they had 50% off final sale in stores stackable with 15% student discount. If still running, definitely go check that out.

It would get shown at the top of every page :smile:

Back
Top Bottom