Dressing Better Vol 2.0

question for those of you who own timberlands....today is the last day of F&F and i might order some classic 6" boots. do you guys order your true size or 1/2 down? and NO i wasn't able to make it to a store to try them on..thanks in advance!

You might get more answers about classic Timbs if you search General. People may have them here but I feel like you see more of them outside this thread. There's a fall/winter boot or just boot thread.

I have a Clark's question... Can anyone tell me the difference between Desert Boots and Bushacres? I understand DBs are more expensive and probably better quality but they seem to be the exact same in looks? As a college student I'm tempted to go for the Bushacres until I graduate and can grab some DBs unless its worth just getting the DBs now? Can anyone help?
Also I know most people say to go a half size down in DBs, so if I went a size down and wear 12s in Converse All-Stars would a 12 work in the DB? I'm usually a 13. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

DB's are definitely not something you have to wait until you graduate to get :lol: You can definitely find them for cheap; more or less the same price as you would find some Bushacres. I bought a pair of Oak DB's off of Amazon for like $60 earlier this year and a pair of Beeswax DB's last week for like $90. You just have to look for them

I have a Clark's question... Can anyone tell me the difference between Desert Boots and Bushacres? I understand DBs are more expensive and probably better quality but they seem to be the exact same in looks? As a college student I'm tempted to go for the Bushacres until I graduate and can grab some DBs unless its worth just getting the DBs now? Can anyone help?

Also I know most people say to go a half size down in DBs, so if I went a size down and wear 12s in Converse All-Stars would a 12 work in the DB? I'm usually a 13. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I wear the same size in Desert Boots as I do in Chucks, 10.5. I wear an 11.5 in most Nikes and an 11 in most dress shoes.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with them, same general aesthetic but the Bushacres are kind of like a takedown of DBs. Materials might not be as good, not quite sure but the crepe sole that's someone of a staple is instead a harder rubber.

You can definitely find Desert Boots under retail, I'm not sure if the 20% off for signing up for Amazon Shoes is still available but there are a bunch of colors on Amazon for less than $75 shipped in a 12 (but not the standard Beeswax: Link

I just checked and I paid $67 in Nov 2009 for my Beeswax pair from Banana Republic and $58 for my Grey pair from Amazon in Jan 2011. :smokin

Last edited:
black Player's came in today:

so i had to bust em out with the quickness:

also, decided to take a collection pics today (boat shoes not pictured)

now i have the two pairs of players :D

Last edited:
Alexander Wang is the new Creative Director at Balenciaga.
Very interested to see his touch on some things

now i have the two pairs of players :D
because of your pics I pulled the trigger on a pair of chestnut players. Can't get them off my feet now :pimp:
btw, what boots are those at the top right? red wings?

black Player's came in today:

so i had to bust em out with the quickness:

now i have the two pairs of players
happy.gif

nice players, I love my chestnut players too, crazy how I had to go down because of sizing, I also have the cliftons, but wish I went with the park aves... what's the pair in the middle, behind the chestnut players?

and those to the left of the players too? :D

Last edited:
Looking to send out my SS package this Thursday or Friday, have an exam on Weds but I wanna make sure it gets in on time......I'll forward Grizz the tracking info once I send it out :smokin

Just want to let me SS know, that I'm packing his stuff up to send tomorrow. Also, that in your gift box you will be getting a pair of shoe trees but because the shoe trees with the packaging (they're from Nordstrom Rack) doesn't fit in the Large Flat Rate USPS box, I took them out and just put the shoe trees in there without packaging.

What's making everyone jump on the Players all of a sudden?
It's a nice shoe, I rarely wear mine though

What's making everyone jump on the Players all of a sudden?
It's a nice shoe, I rarely wear mine though
I love wingtips, needed new dress shoes and got the players and cliftons during the semi annual mens sale at nordstroms, couldn't go alden status but I'm happy with allen edmonds 

I hear you man, I can't afford Aldens just yet either. AE is a excellent affordable shoe. Especially during sales too

because of your pics I pulled the trigger on a pair of chestnut players. Can't get them off my feet now :pimp:
btw, what boots are those at the top right? red wings?

glad i could sway you on them, favorite shoe i own.
and yes, top right are my 1907s.

nice players, I love my chestnut players too, crazy how I had to go down because of sizing, I also have the cliftons, but wish I went with the park aves... what's the pair in the middle, behind the chestnut players?

and those to the left of the players too? :D

my original plan was to get the cliftons, then when the anniversary sale hit from nordstrom, ended up with the players. best decision ever.
middle pair are also a nordstrom purchase. they are the 1901s (house brand) mccasey longwing. there was a contrast light tan stitching on em when i first purchased but i added AE walnut polish to make it uniform. definitely worth the $100 (actually got mine on discount so lower) to give my players a break every now and then lol
oh, and next to the players are my cole haan air aidens. :lol: also a nordstrom purchase

Good rotation, A!
My 2nd entry into the denim challenge:

and thanks Wis. i can only imagine what yours looks like :nerd:
digging those chinos

Last edited:
My go to spots were the clearance racks at Macy's Dillard's, best sales I've seen as for as department stores, but the selections vary significantly from store to store. I've scored so many slim silhouette and dressier/casual shoes for less than $20, $25, and $30.. Sperry's, Timberland, and a lot of their in house brands can be had for up to 70% off and sometimes more if you use a store card.

yea, we hit the clearance rack at Macy's to no avail.... next stop is Dillard's. I also told him about some other places. I can tell he's not into it AT ALL, and he's just doing to make me happy (which I'm not mad at :lol: ) I just want to get him some stuff for when we go out on dates and to friends' dinner parties. I think the most I'll get out of him is to buy a pair of boots and some shoes and then that's it. Where he works is super chill so he dressed bummy and it doesn't matter. Which is part of the reason why he doesn't care what he wears, he's so used to not having to dress up for work. I don't see him really trying to build his wardrobe, because he doesn't see anything wrong with it (which I kinda admire in a way??)

Just picked up a pair of these Chukkas on eBay for $31 shipped by LandsEnd, seller didn't provide great pics which is to my gain, found these online which were posted by someone else. I know the black sole isn't for everybody but that'll come in handy in NYC.

Last edited:
dude those are so clean....:nthat:

thanks man, for $31 and change I figured why not. Her images just showed the top, quick google search since she had the item # came up with those, so I figured may as well jump on them before someone else does. I wish they were a dark brown, the silhouette is what I've been looking for in a brown suede boot.

I predict the Neiman collection to go on sale around the beginning of 2013. The Margiela collection with H&M is hitting deep discount now. There is a really nice caramel peacoat with the collar stitched on the inside. I believe price retail was $300 and folks are saying they're down to $100.

Back
Top Bottom