Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm not saying it's bad, there's just something off about it

I agree, personally to me it's the bubbling or wrinkling at the buttoning point. I'm a hard to fit person as it is so that doesn't help lol. Overall although I'm happy with it though.

I know a couple of days late on the camo challenge as well.

I went to Target today to check out the Neiman Marcus pop up shop. Here's a mini-review:
BoO Best Friends Hats ($29.99): These are really thin and don't feel substantial at all. Target's Merona brand winter caps are much thicker and at $4, a much more reasonable buy.

Thom Browne Blazer ($149.99): This one will be hit or miss with a lot of people. It's cut very short, which you can kind of see in these pics. Functional buttons on the sleeve, which might be a problem since the Medium seemed a little on the short side while the Large had the sleeves almost to my knuckles. I personally think that a lot of the details on this blazer (white contrast piping, red/white/blue ribbon details on buttons and behind collar) are very feminine, which makes sense since there is an identical female version of this blazer in the collection.

Rag & Bone Cardigan ($69.99): I actually liked this piece a lot. Maybe because of the Childish Gambino lyric, but also because it fit pretty well (pictured in size Medium). Snug in the arms and chest, nice shawl collar and very sturdy button placket. This was much thicker than the Thom Browne blazer and is probably the only piece I would consider paying full price for in this collection. Might go back to pick this one up this week.

The Rag & Bone flask and shot glass set also looked very nice.

The NM x Target collection is overpriced though. I went to check out the blazer and my Target didn't get it at all. I agree that the cardigan is very nice but for $70 it's too much. I want to get the flask but I think it was about $30, way too much. My Target had everything in stock and plenty of it, besides the blazer, I'm pretty sure it's going to be getting marked down soon enough at my local Target or sent out to Target's that have the line moving.

Hornet: The Rag & Bone looks good on you, man.

RE: Thom...that's how his stuff are. They're super cropped. I really like that blazer though, may have to stop by the local Target to check it out. What's the price?

Hornet: The Rag & Bone looks good on you, man.
RE: Thom...that's how his stuff are. They're super cropped. I really like that blazer though, may have to stop by the local Target to check it out. What's the price?

$149.99

The NM x Target collection is overpriced though. I went to check out the blazer and my Target didn't get it at all. I agree that the cardigan is very nice but for $70 it's too much. I want to get the flask but I think it was about $30, way too much. My Target had everything in stock and plenty of it, besides the blazer, I'm pretty sure it's going to be getting marked down soon enough at my local Target or sent out to Target's that have the line moving.

I'd say it's priced pretty reasonably, besides that blazer..But I agree on everything going on sale. The Target near my house got a lot of everything in the collection in stock and there was no hype around it when I visited. All of the leftover Odin pieces are marked on deep discount right now actually.

So me and the BF went shopping today... :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, it was crazy/fun but I convinced him that he doesn't wear the right kinda clothes (fit wise), ESPECIALLY jeans. We ended up getting a few American Rag pieces that were good starters, and fit his price range.

He pretty much doesn't like to spend over 25 over ANY article of clothing that isn't for "fancy" occasions to work. Hey, I can respect/dig that. However, the problem comes into play when getting shoes. Women's shoes is no problem, I can find some stuff 30 and under bet men's is a HASSLE. Ya'll know of any places that have good sales, or any stores in particular that have various styles of shoes but they kinda fall in the 25-30 dollar range? Or what sites are about to have good sales or something.

Even target's boots were 45 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really like the Thom Browne blazer..That and the Rag and Bone flask are possible pick ups..

I'm looking for a black shoe to wear everyday... I usually wear either a pair of red or off white vans, or some charcoa vans OTWl shoes and my clarks beezwax... The vans are for when im wearing a t shirt and clarks for when im wearing something in the middle of suit and t-shirt...

but i need a black shoe becasue i cant always be wearing brown clarks... some fits need black shoes... i have dress shoes, but some fits dont warrant dress shoes...

i wanted something like this

any help? or should i just buy these? they are sort of casual but not as much as vans ya know?
plus i cant find those shoes... i dont really want a low top either... and i think black DBs are kinda weak

Last edited:
]BIG UPS!!!! To the homey sreezy36! Dude laced me with the Loafers and Stadium jacket that he posted!
IMG

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4
Should I be treating leather jackets with anything before wearing them?
I personally don't. I have various materials, from lamb to horsehide to calf. After about 2 years of wearing, they still feel supple.

Doesn't really much. It's a preference thing. Peak lapel looks great on 1 or 2 button jackets. Notch looks good on all types: 1 or 2, 3, 3 roll onto 2.
I still don't know why a lot of people stress out on what to wear to an interview. They won't really care if you're doing a half windsor knot instead of a full. As long as you look presentable, that's all that matters.
I already stated my story way back. Synopsis: I was hiring for a position at my former employer. 3 candidates showed up. I picked the guy that wasn't in a suit because he appeared more coherent than the other two who were in suits.

:rofl: :rofl:

Same story here. The 2 guys that showed up in suits were pretentious douches. The guy in the collared shirt was very informed and eager about the position. Those 2 suits missed out on a great salary. :rofl:

Looking to send out my SS package this Thursday or Friday, have an exam on Weds but I wanna make sure it gets in on time......I'll forward Grizz the tracking info once I send it out :smokin

I'm a HUGE Brooks Bros fan/client. That is my go to spot when I want to feel baller and pick out fine clothes. Here is a coupon for those who still have $$ after the holiday sells. 8)

Last edited:
So me and the BF went shopping today...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Man, it was crazy/fun but I convinced him that he doesn't wear the right kinda clothes (fit wise), ESPECIALLY jeans. We ended up getting a few American Rag pieces that were good starters, and fit his price range.
He pretty much doesn't like to spend over 25 over ANY article of clothing that isn't for "fancy" occasions to work. Hey, I can respect/dig that. However, the problem comes into play when getting shoes. Women's shoes is no problem, I can find some stuff 30 and under bet men's is a HASSLE. Ya'll know of any places that have good sales, or any stores in particular that have various styles of shoes but they kinda fall in the 25-30 dollar range? Or what sites are about to have good sales or something.
Even target's boots were 45
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My go to spots were the clearance racks at Macy's Dillard's, best sales I've seen as for as department stores, but the selections vary significantly from store to store. I've scored so many slim silhouette and dressier/casual shoes for less than $20, $25, and $30.. Sperry's, Timberland, and a lot of their in house brands can be had for up to 70% off and sometimes more if you use a store card.

I haven't seen this brought up in recent pages that I've gone through. Let me know if I ever missed this convo.

I have this Camel Hair Jacket that my dad got me and I haven't been able to put it together well. I love it and want to sport it but without the I look old in this jacket look. (Although I am 27 I do look 17 at times with no facial hair and a short hair cut)

I've been told to rock with a light blue or a brown button up. Help would be appreciated as this is a tough one for me. 8)

Last edited:
I haven't seen this brought up in recent pages that I've gone through. Let me know if I ever missed this convo.

I have this Camel Hair Jacket that my dad got me and I haven't been able to put it together well. I love it and want to sport it but without the I look old in this jacket look. (Although I am 27 I do look 17 at times with no facial hair and a short hair cut)

I've been told to rock with a light blue or a brown button up. Help would be appreciated as this is a tough one for me. 8)

White shirt
Red tie
Black jeans
Oxblood drivers

Back
Top Bottom