Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Which do y'all think is more versatile?

Screenshot_20201126-224148_Cx File Explorer~2.jpg

Screenshot_20201126-224157_Cx File Explorer~2.jpg

Just buy both. I remember i couldnt decide on red and blue so just went with both :lol:
I'm tryna be minimalist. I donated a bunch of my old clothes and kept the ones I wear often. I don't like clutter.

I feel like the grey only works with black jeans/pants

Blue would work with light, dark jeans and black pants

Any recommendations on what I should get from SuSu for interview settings? Never purchased anything from Suit Supply.

What do y’all know about Standard Issue Tees? Good brand? How does it compare to like Uniform LA?

Yo dudes! So I’m currently in Europe (Madrid, Spain) for work and its my first time in the country. Yesterday I went shopping and man...**** is DIFFERENT :lol: . I was looking at getting a couple suits from SuSu before I left the states and I didn’t because of time issues and it was legit really fortunate I wasn’t able to

When converting Euros to USD some of the same suits in the US are 30+% cheaper here (plus I’ll get a percentage refund) :wow:. I actually lost a bit of weight during quarantine and this was my first time going shopping since and it was a bit of a shock when trying **** on. Went from a ~35-36 waist to 32, large to medium tops, 16 to 15.5 shirt and 42 to 40 suit.I didn’t realize they had Black Friday here so I had a little shopping day yesterday and blacked out. Pics below.

Found this menswear spot “Dan John” that was having a 20% off everything sale. I was dubious at first because their prices were so cheap but the quality was surprisingly nice. Ended up copping three turtlenecks, five dress shirts, three scarves, a padded vest, a down jacket and three suits and it all came out to like $700 :wow: The suits are getting tailored but I’ll post pics when I scoop them up later this week but I got a blue double breasted joint, tan-ish Prince of Wales peak lapel and a notch lapel blue
55539138-587C-48C1-8457-2F3FE333DFB9.jpeg

EA6B3F56-2EF0-4052-8DA1-681E7B8891BF.jpeg

Popped over to SuSu after which I was most excited about because of the price differential. Ended up copping two three pieces (They were $430 instead of $539), an overcoat (didn’t see this color available in the US) and two popovers (chocolate and white). The chocolate popover is in the wash (I legit changed my shirt, coat and scarf to new purchases throughout the day :lol: ) and the white one they had to order along with the coat and green suit so I only have stock pics
B9F99E83-7F4C-4321-942C-1CF3598AE3F5.jpeg

4C1FD90F-EC9E-45EA-ADAD-779AD6140075.jpeg

263AF3E9-34E0-472F-AFA1-E8902FEEAA4F.jpeg

The best part about the street that SuSu is on is that it has a ton of random menswear places. A Bumble yamb met up with me so I didn’t get to pop into all of them because of a time crunch but I found a spot where I got a belted quilted cardigan and some suede horsebit loafs for only like $100. I am aware the cardigan isn’t for everyone but for the times when I dress casual, it fits my style (also aforementioned scarves) :lol:
37E5FC72-DA50-4F1A-A537-456576457C29.jpeg

89A27C16-38F3-4BB0-8554-91CE9EFE4D10.jpeg

Overall, I think it was a successful day for my dressing better game :lol: I have to go back to both places to pick up my tailoring but I’m definitely going to pick up more stuff before I leave. TBH the fit and collars of the shirts (slim fit) at the Don John spot are FIRE although I don’t think they had French Cuffs which was a little disappointing for me.

If anyone here is trying to cop something from SuSu or another European retailer and there are significant cost savings, hit me up and I would be happy to facilitate copping then shipping it to you when I get back to the States (right before Christmas).

I bought the Lululemon ABC slim pants and they are by far the best pair of pants I ever bought in my life. From material to fit to comfort the price is justifiable. Also tried on the ABC Joggers and I thought they were trash. Didnt think those were worth it at all. Word is the joggers have a different fit now from the original pairs so that may be it.

Thank yall for the heads up on SUSU missed it in my email can only imagine the over coats i missed out on

I mean Gap and BR. I just know yall **** with it heavy on nt or used to. They dont even make my size

Bros
F4342423-AFEE-4588-A0E2-A8F22F497221.jpeg

Copped this from SuSu can’t wait for it to get here , even tho I gained 20 pounds since quarantine

Dog. I remembered your post but just went there just now and was going to go in because it was $300 but peeped it was a Jort :lol:

I was looking at the Spain one first trying to get my finesse on and they didn't have much but not only is the US one similarly priced but they have SO much more. What gives? Are folks just not buying because of the effects of the pandemic? They'd also usually be closed by now (I think :lol: )

Bros

Dog. I remembered your post but just went there just now and was going to go in because it was $300 but peeped it was a Jort :lol:

I was looking at the Spain one first trying to get my finesse on and they didn't have much but not only is the US one similarly priced but they have SO much more. What gives? Are folks just not buying because of the effects of the pandemic? They'd also usually be closed by now (I think :lol: )
The US stock is actually depleted in comparison to what was initially there on day one. They've also been adding more stock to the site every few days.

The US stock is actually depleted in comparison to what was initially there on day one. They've also been adding more stock to the site every few days.

Wait...really?!?! I wouldn't have even known about it unless I came in here. Do you know how long it runs?

I want to cop the navy tux, a DB and a 3 piece but I just went in last weekend. The prices are just too good DOE. This would have to be it for a LOOOOONG while in terms of suits :lol:

Wait...really?!?! I wouldn't have even known about it unless I came in here. Do you know how long it runs?

I want to cop the navy tux, a DB and a 3 piece but I just went in last weekend. The prices are just too good DOE. This would have to be it for a LOOOOONG while in terms of suits :lol:
If I remember correctly, it runs for about 2 weeks. I was also looking to splurge initially but had to stop myself. I've been purchasing a lot throughout this pandemic. I grabbed a suit and said that if the other items that I was looking at were still available come this week, I would also purchase them. Thanfully they all happen to be gone. :lol:

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, it runs for about 2 weeks. I was also looking to splurge initially but had to stop myself. I've been purchasing a lot throughout this pandemic. I grabbed a suit and sad that if the other items that I was looking at are still available come this week, I would also purchase them. They all happen to be gone. :lol:

So it'll go until about Friday? I just went back and saw a 4th one I want :sick: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom