Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thats great news about TOJ, Even with a price jump it would still be a good deal, and a three week turn around would be amazing.

Snagged this last week :nerd: Can't wait for leather weather

Snagged this last week
nerd.gif
Can't wait for leather weather
You have a TOJ Collared Moto? That in black is my grail.
smokin.gif

Edit: Looks like Charly and Dan are starting their own brand? Sounds good to me; Charly has always been a legitimately nice guy. Makes a lot of sense as they should know the biz inside out.

Quote:
Wait so dude did run off with the money from the last batch?
Folks are still waiting on orders from 2-3 years ago. I take it Drew finally couldn't do it anymore?

mean.gif

Last edited:
You have a TOJ Collared Moto? That in black is my grail. :smokin  

Edit: Looks like Charly and Dan are starting their own brand? Sounds good to me; Charly has always been a legitimately nice guy. Makes a lot of sense as they should know the biz inside out.

Quote:

Folks are still waiting on orders from 2-3 years ago. I take it Drew finally couldn't do it anymore?

:smh:  

Yep! that baby lambchop in black :tongue:

Last edited:
Where's the whole story on ToJ? Joints were fire
There's no whole story. You gotta piece things together throughout the year. Here's my understanding on it. Some may be incorrect. I used to talk to him a lot when I worked swing shift at my old place in 2010-11.

Korean American amassed huge debt in college buying brand name clothes. Didn't know what to do after college so traveled to Korea and become an English teacher. Linked up with other cats who are also into fashion. Apartment had a lot of high end clothes hence Temple of Jawnz. Had plans on opening taco truck. Started drawing out varsities and tested water on SUFU. Caught wind and production ramped up. Moved onto full leather pieces. Eventually got into small goods and other stuff like shirting. Became more interested in food and less fashion. Opened restaurant with multiple partners. Wait time continue to grew. People still put orders in. Year or years went by. People got mad and a couple flew to the restaurant. Eventually got kicked out of ownership. Said he was going through a lot of personal issues ie being manipulated by former wife, ears fully def, etc. Started sending out jackets again on the last month or two.

That's it more or less.

^ Not to mention the irreparable relationships/trust built up, his employees not getting paid, dodging all contact until customers pushed him to the brink (e.g. wrote scathing reviews about the restaurant), threatening his customers, etc.

The only ones to feel bad for are the ones who lost their money.

Former TOJ affiliates Dan and Charley are starting their own leather brand. It will pretty much be like TOJ except with the OG 3 week turnaround time. This is good news for those still want something. Maybe I'll finally get an MA1.

Nice! I'm not really into the moto style jackets but I always wished I had placed an order for this varsity... Just didn't have the money at the time

Wow. People actually flew to Korea to his restaurant? If you're going to travel that far, I hope they got enough kicks and punches in for whatever the worth and wait of the jackets cost.

Last edited:
No one flew to Korea for their jackets. Someone reported while waiting for his jacket he was in Korea and did stop in at Libertine (the restaurant) to eat and asked Drew if he had an update but he kinda just brushed it off and said it was still in production. This was prob 2 years ago before it got really really bad.

I had to unsubscribe from the SF thread because it was just getting ridiculous. Drew would respond saying jackets were finished and he was sending out but couldn't confirm which piece belonged to whom. To sum it up, it just got bad and that dude definitely is a P.O.S.

Glad I copped my TOJ from someone off Grailed. Never had to deal with that jack*** :smile:

Still havent heard from   

'[email protected]'

Hit them up yesterday morning at like 7 AM- 

How long do they typically take to get back? I know its a month wait for the kicks so i want to get in a order sooner than later.

Does anyone have the foot sizing email? If you could forward that to me that'd be dope, i would love to get everything prepped for when they do respond.

-Fresh 

Lian got back with me, I am more than likely gonna grab a walnut pair with the strap and the tan Chelsea's

Cant wait.

Using the foot chart sheet

Both of my feet measure right at a 45 long, and right at EE (med) 

In the US I buy 9.5 in sport shoes, I buy a 9 in dress shoes (Allen Edmond)

I hope the Med width doesn't make it look chunky and wide? 

-Fresh 

Lian got back with me, I am more than likely gonna grab a walnut pair with the strap and the tan Chelsea's

Cant wait.

-Fresh 

Hmmm... 45 long doesn't sound like a 9.5 in sports shoes... That sounds more like a 12-13.

25,8 cm is the max that both of my feet measured throughout the day (make sure you measure at the end of day when your feet swell up). Which seemed like a 40.25. I thought 40 would be best but it was big. Emailing Lian now about the next pair I buy if I will get a 39.5 (don't see it on his size chart) or a 39.

I wear a 7.5-8 in sport shoes, and a 7E in dress shoes (Allen Edmond Strand).

Last edited:

Cant wait.

-Fresh 
Hmmm... 45 long doesn't sound like a 9.5 in sports shoes... That sounds more like a 12-13.

25,8 cm is the max that both of my feet measured throughout the day (make sure you measure at the end of day when your feet swell up). Which seemed like a 40.25. I thought 40 would be best but it was big. Emailing Lian now about the next pair I buy if I will get a 39.5 (don't see it on his size chart) or a 39.

45 def wrong man. re measure

I'm a 10US which equates to a 43 for reference.
You are both right, Lian got back with me again.. i didn't calibrate the printer... good now i am about to remeasure after i eat my lunch. 

These will be mine once I come back from Miami this week.. gotta see how crazy I get out there first :lol:

:smokin

Cant wait.

-Fresh 

45 def wrong man. re measure

I'm a 10US which equates to a 43 for reference.
You are both right, Lian got back with me again.. i didn't calibrate the printer... good now i am about to remeasure after i eat my lunch. 
 Re calibrated and re measured and it looks like I am right between a 41 and 42… closer to 41

Width is about 10cm 

Back
Top Bottom