Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Ive gone from nearly 50 pairs of sneakers (modest for some on this site) to about 15 including gym shoes and dont regret selling a single pair. I find that a lot of sneakers apeal to me visually but don't work with my wardrobe (most recent example would be sneakerfreaker kushwackers) so I pass. Some people are impulsive or compulsive collectors and probably arent sure why they really are buying sneakers anymore.

Ive gone from nearly 50 pairs of sneakers (modest for some on this site) to about 15 including gym shoes and dont regret selling a single pair. I find that a lot of sneakers apeal to me visually but don't work with my wardrobe (most recent example would be sneakerfreaker kushwackers) so I pass. Some people are impulsive or compulsive collectors and probably arent sure why they really are buying sneakers anymore.
A lot of OGs are like that too. Dudes that were into sneakers since the 80s. I feel they buy just to buy. They'll double or triple certain retros that they grow up on just to have them collect dust in the closet. It's almost hoarding.

Think I'm having this realization also. Basically got rid of all my sneakers with "loud" colorways (big bangs,etc.) Everything I have now is mostly plain and comfortable. Also since starting college I'm realizing there are much more rewarding and important things to focus my time and money on... I guess having to prioritize for once is making me notice I dont need an abundance of sneakers to stand out. Havent bought a pair of sneakers in a year now...

Last edited:
What's funny is I got more consumed with buying sneakers in college, which was a major mistake from a personal finance perspective. I graduated a year ago and started dismantling my collection probably my last semester. It may be a sign of maturity in multiple facets, but it's also understandable why others choose to collect sneakers their entire life (assuming they financially responsible)

What's funny is I got more consumed with buying sneakers in college, which was a major mistake from a personal finance perspective. I graduated a year ago and started dismantling my collection probably my last semester. It may be a sign of maturity in multiple facets, but it's also understandable why others choose to collect sneakers their entire life (assuming they financially responsible)

Yeah I was heavily buying sneakers all throughout high school since I had a job. Once I started college and didnt have a job anymore and noticed there are many other things I actually had to spend my money on I had to calm down.

Also nice sneakers + college events= being pissed...:lol:

Give me a pair of black or navy vans and I'm straight

Last edited:
People should just avoid looking like a fool / lame like sudeikis and wear sneakers with everything. Sneakers with a tux to an event is just bad.

People should just avoid looking like a fool / lame like sudeikis and wear sneakers with everything. Sneakers with a tux to an event is just bad.

Fellas I'm looking to buy some chinos. Imma make alterations skinnier inseam, 6.5 leg opening. What's the norm price for pant alterations? Just curious

Last edited:
My tailors avg about $12 to hem and $18 to taper, may be cheaper if youre in an urban area. Banana republic aiden, topman skinny taper and jcrew all have chinos with sub 7" leg openings (31-32w) if you want to check them out.

Fellas I'm looking to buy some chinos. Imma make alterations skinnier inseam, 6.5 leg opening. What's the norm price for pant alterations? Just curious
Look into the new 484s from J. Crew. They come with 6.5" leg openings.

I've definitely gotten rid of a big portion of my collection.  I still have a lot of shoes but it's because I just don't have the time to really sell them since I'm so busy with work. 

Being older now, I definitely can't see myself holding on to kicks like I used to.  I just recently relocated down to Socal for a new job and luckily my company provided me with movers.  Otherwise I can't imagine moving all those damn shoeboxes myself.  Its a PITA.

The only kicks I would intend on keeping are the Jordan 1, 3, 5 and some other running Nikes for comfort.  Those are usually the ones I think still look good enough to wear with an outfit without looking way too bulky. 

Now that I'm older too and around more Senior level professionals, half the time they don't even know what I'm wearing. 

I've definitely gotten rid of a big portion of my collection.  I still have a lot of shoes but it's because I just don't have the time to really sell them since I'm so busy with work. 

Being older now, I definitely can't see myself holding on to kicks like I used to.  I just recently relocated down to Socal for a new job and luckily my company provided me with movers.  Otherwise I can't imagine moving all those damn shoeboxes myself.  Its a PITA.

The only kicks I would intend on keeping are the Jordan 1, 3, 5 and some other running Nikes for comfort.  Those are usually the ones I think still look good enough to wear with an outfit without looking way too bulky. 

Now that I'm older too and around more Senior level professionals, half the time they don't even know what I'm wearing. 
All you cats move here and ain't wanna break bread? Cats in the tri state area was having a bbq and holding hands. :frown:

All you cats move here and ain't wanna break bread? Cats in the tri state area was having a bbq and holding hands.
frown.gif
Set it up Wis 

I'm turning 30 next week. Life isn't over unless you take the fun out of your life. People focus too much on their numerical age instead of how they feel.

All you cats move here and ain't wanna break bread? Cats in the tri state area was having a bbq and holding hands. :frown:

Holla at me! Always looking to connect with fellow members and network. I'm new to this area so I'm open to meeting new people. Maybe give me the heads up where the yambs are :smoking

I'm a marketing manager for Ciroc so bottles on me if we can set up a gathering with everyone. Make it happen Wis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom