Dressing Better Vol 2.0

torn between pulling the trigger on a Samuelsohn suit...

a menswear shop near me having a sale on them and I tried on Samuelsohn jacket in my size (43R) a few months ago and the fit was money OTR, but even on sale itll still be about $1K :\ ...I RARELY wear suits, and feel torn about purchasing something like that I would use so sparingly, but again, the fit was spot on for the shoulders and i could use a navy suit... 

i did a mtm suit last year and it was a headache with their shoulder measurements being off...i ended up shelling out an additional $200 to alter the shoulders from a tailor that did a great job and if i found a brand that works for me OTR, i could avoid the mtm headache...but iono man :\  

Look into SuitSupply. Probably can find a very well fitting suit OTR from them with the need of minor alterations for under $600 with alterations.

Does anyone know a site that sells unique lapel pins?

I bought this yesterday which is cool for casual wear.

But I am also looking for pins I can wear in a formal setting.

Last edited:

So I was getting ready to buy some ties so I searched through the thread and saw that when posed this question the answers were either 2.5 or 3 inches. Without having a tie that I like near me to reference/measure what would you all suggest?
2.5" is too skinny, especially in finance.

3" is the sweet spot and looks the best imo (works for everyone). I'm a big fan of Tie Bar.

Last edited:

So I was getting ready to buy some ties so I searched through the thread and saw that when posed this question the answers were either 2.5 or 3 inches. Without having a tie that I like near me to reference/measure what would you all suggest?

3" is the sweet spot for me. I'm a big fan of Tie Bar.
Everything is still in my cart on The Tie Bar, I had 2.5s queued up, I'll go ahead and change it, thanks breh

3" is the sweet spot and looks the best imo (works for everyone). I'm a big fan of Tie Bar.
It depends on your frame too. I still love my 2.5" joints. I have some 3" from Drakes of London and those are the widest I have...can't fathom going wider like the typical menswear cats that do 3.5". I'm a small cat at only 160-165 lbs at 5'10". 2.5" wouldn't look right on a bigger dude.

Everything is still in my cart on The Tie Bar, I had 2.5s queued up, I'll go ahead and change it, thanks breh
No problem, fam.

Also recommend 100% silk ties. I've only seen a knit tie one time. And it was a Hermes tie worn by my millionaire MD.

laugh.gif

It depends on your frame too. I still love my 2.5" joints. I have some 3" from Drakes of London and those are the widest I have...can't fathom going wider like the typical menswear cats that do 3.5". I'm a small cat at only 160-165 lbs at 5'10". 2.5" wouldn't look right on a bigger dude.
Agreed, but 3" would work well even on a skinny dude.

In my industry, the loudest accessory you can really have is colorful socks.

Last edited:

I'm around that. 5'8-5'9 ish and 165. Not a wide guy either.

No problem, fam.

Also recommend 100% silk ties. I've only seen my MD wear a knit tie. And it was a Hermes, so..

laugh.gif
Yeah I'm not a knit tie guy. I have one and everytime I put it on I take it right off.

Good deals at J. Crew Outlet:

http://niketalk.com/t/630511/60-off...-free-shipping-use-code-hotsale#post_23708207

If you dudes want slim chinos and jeans look at the Drigg cut. Let opening on size 32 is 6.5" when I tried on months ago. Copped the washed jeans so I can rip them myself at the shop.
Any pics of you in the drigg cut on here or your blog, On the site they only have em layed out

Already copped two pairs for work hours ago when this thread popped up but if their really that good i might as well rack up.

Any pics of you in the drigg cut on here or your blog, On the site they only have em layed out

Already copped two pairs for work hours ago when this thread popped up but if their really that good i might as well rack up.
I bought online when I posted. I didn't cop in store when I tried them on because they weren't on sale. Will post pics after I distress them.

Whats a good price for the Ludlow? I see its on sale for like 350 this weekend

Or would Suit Supply be a better option for that price point?

Last edited:
Whats a good price for the Ludlow? I see its on sale for like 350 this weekend

Or would Suit Supply be a better option for that price point?
It depends on how much tailoring is needed and the fabric (ie Harris tweed wiill be pricier than other mills). Overall, I'd say $350 for a Ludlow suit is decent, depending on the fabric. Some of the jackets fit me perfectly, while others just need minor compressing. Pants are perfect.

Can't comment on SS as I don't have any.

How can you mess up Puma. Lol.

These were my first dress shoes back in 2010. Copped them from Macy's on sale rack for $30-40. I wear them like 4 times a week to work now and also to lounges and clubs. Super comfy. Tempted to cop another pair or drop $200 on Meermins. Been going over the decision for a while.

Back
Top Bottom