Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey guys I'm looking for some pants for work. Preferably wool or cotton dress pants, not chinos. Looking for alternatives to J Crew Bowery slim. Love the fit and quality, but just want to see other options. Would like some that are a little different from just the black, grey, and navy wool pants. Preferably around $60-$80.

Bonobos are comparable. Maybe a little bit more expensive than J Crew but right on par quality wise. Check out Nordstrom.

Bonobos are comparable. Maybe a little bit more expensive than J Crew but right on par quality wise. Check out Nordstrom.
Good call. I'm not familiar with the brand but I know the founder of Bonobos used Mickey and his work as the blueprint so I wouldn't be surprised if it's up there with J. Crew.

150? Guessing I should wait then :lol:

Whats a typical sale that I should be looking for?

Last edited:
I picked up some Warby Parker Griffin's today while out in LA. Extremely pleased on how they look.

Ouch. My main issue is that I'm pressed for time in regards to getting a decent amount of suits/shirts. Like 10 days pressed for time.

Ouch. My main issue is that I'm pressed for time in regards to getting a decent amount of suits/shirts. Like 10 days pressed for time.
Pitfall of needing to build quick. I personally would just go with versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched. Wouldn't spend retail or near that for inferior mall garb.

Pitfall of needing to build quick. I personally would just go with versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched. Wouldn't spend retail or near that for inferior mall garb.
Yeah I knew this day would come and I did nothing to prep for it really. Totally my fault and this is the price I pay. I'll be slowly building after this and will probably replace anything I buy now somwhere down the road.

@Antidope@Antidope<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->@Antidope@Antidope<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->

Solid deal, and express ships fairly quickly. 
Thanks breh

HwSMXo.gif

So I was getting ready to buy some ties so I searched through the thread and saw that when posed this question the answers were either 2.5 or 3 inches. Without having a tie that I like near me to reference/measure what would you all suggest?

2.5 to 2.75 is the "slim/skinny" joints. Express/J.Crew lapels will fall into this range.

I personally won't wear anything under 3" now.

Can anyone recommend a good tailor in NY. Preferably in Queens. I bought the photographer suit from Express and the pants need some work done. Thanks

Raymond's Tailor shop in Woodside. Been going to him for a year now and he does fantastic work. Prices are fair and the turnaround time is pretty good.

torn between pulling the trigger on a Samuelsohn suit...

a menswear shop near me having a sale on them and I tried on Samuelsohn jacket in my size (43R) a few months ago and the fit was money OTR, but even on sale itll still be about $1K 
ohwell.gif
...I RARELY wear suits, and feel torn about purchasing something like that I would use so sparingly, but again, the fit was spot on for the shoulders and i could use a navy suit... 

i did a mtm suit last year and it was a headache with their shoulder measurements being off...i ended up shelling out an additional $200 to alter the shoulders from a tailor that did a great job and if i found a brand that works for me OTR, i could avoid the mtm headache...but iono man 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesnt like pockets on their shirts? It just looks wrong to me

Back
Top Bottom