Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I brought this back in the day and trying to sell it on eBay but don't remember the name of the brand anybody got a clue?

anyone in NJ have a competent tailor?

my lady doesn't think she can taper my Marithe Francois Girbaud shuttle jeans.

she says it'd be impossible without removing the starps. i told her cheeel papi

Haha, bringing them back JPS JPS ?
I remember those days... Not sure if I want to relive them though. I've seen some tailored pairs before but I wouldn't know where to go from there. Like, what does one wear them with today?

Going for this look?

Haha, bringing them back @instagram?
I remember those days... Not sure if I want to relive them though. I've seen some tailored pairs before but I wouldn't know where to go from there. Like, what does one wear them with today?

Going for this look?
lol yes. definitely that look. mine have red straps also no cargo pockets

Weebly for everything. If you look for deals you can spend a lot less ie get domain from godaddy and look for hosting deals on hostgator, but I love the customer service from Weebly.

NIce will check it out, only asking because I helped my buddy set his up through wix, wasn't too impressed with the options. I know you can make a grade-A website through wordpress, just gotta figure out the HTML

How much do you guys pay to get your shirts tailored?

I found a few dress shirts at the thrift store that I wanted taken in a bit, paid $15 for each shirt and had to bring them back to the tailor cause they weren't taken in enough. Not sure if I got what I paid for or if the lady just isn't a good tailor.

I found a few dress shirts at the thrift store that I wanted taken in a bit, paid $15 for each shirt and had to bring them back to the tailor cause they weren't taken in enough. Not sure if I got what I paid for or if the lady just isn't a good tailor.
What do you mean by tailored?

My cheap tailor charges me $15 per shirt to slim it down. My expensive tailor charges $33. Not sure how yours messed up. You're supposed to wear the shirt and the tailor will pin the excess fabric.

What do you mean by tailored?

My cheap tailor charges me $15 per shirt to slim it down. My expensive tailor charges $33. Not sure how yours messed up. You're supposed to wear the shirt and the tailor will pin the excess fabric.

my bad, should have been more specific, I got the shirts taken in.

I wasn't thinking, I should have tried the shirts on and had her pin them. All I did was give her another shirt that fits me well to replicate the fit on the shirts I want taken in. Gonna try someone new next time.

We are getting some for my boys wedding but they haven't come in yet.
Let me know when they get in I'm debating getting one.

I do have a larger issue at hand, I am switching to a work environment where I have to wear a suit everyday in three weeks and I have ONE suit that I feel comfortable doing that with. Trying to get my hands on at least 2-3 more rather quickly and the only place I can think of where I can get something decent/have time to get it tailored within that narrow window is Express.

Last edited:
I personally like the clifton more but fifth ave is the dressier option.

Depends on how you plan on wearing them.

Anyone ever buy a suit from Combatant Gentlemen and can comment on the fit/quality of them?

https://www.combatgent.com/suits

We are getting some for my boys wedding but they haven't come in yet.
We got our suits for my friend's wedding from Combat Gent...they're pretty good. Fit and quality are fair as far as I can see...can't really beat the price and selection.

Why so cheaply priced? What's the catch?

They are attempting to be like the Warby Parker of suits and eliminating the middle man. All I know is that basically everything is outsourced to sweatshops in china so I'm sure labor is super cheap

Most high end bespoke shops also outsource part of production to Asia.

There are none in America that keep everything made 100% in the states. Money on that one.

Back
Top Bottom