Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thoughts on Gaps Japanese selvedge denim? Same rule like other selvedge on sizing down?
You're thinking of raw denim. Selvedge aka self edge refers to the taping on the piping to infer superior construction.

Like I said,I have no experience with luxury sneakers. What are sales like on lanvins and cps? These are currently about 250 with the sale.
Sales should be 250-350. You can take a chance on these but I never heard of the brand before. Epaulet.com also sells high quality sneakers at that price point. Quality is good.

do the wolverine 1000 miles usually go on sale? wondering if I should wait or just pull the trigger.

I wanted a boot for work and everyday use, open to looking at other alternatives if anyone has good recs

Isn't Nordstrom having a big sale next week? Maybe a few Wolverine boots will be included. You could also check sierra trafing post, I think they list second quality Wolverine boots for decent prices.

Isn't Nordstrom having a big sale next week? Maybe a few Wolverine boots will be included. You could also check sierra trafing post, I think they list second quality Wolverine boots for decent prices.
Yeah some 1k models are included. 40 percent off. If you have a connect working there then they can take 30 percent off on top.

You're thinking of raw denim. Selvedge aka self edge refers to the taping on the piping to infer superior construction.
I was thinking raw denim. It was a bit early in the morning for me when I was thinking about it lol. Appreciate the help fam.

I know they've been mentioned in this thread before. I'll check them out in person later today.

^
I have a pair of the Japanese gap raws from last year. Sized down one in the waist and they fit fine. The black pair I also bought sucks though. Sized down one as well but the waist fits really loose.

Does this count as dressing better?

ksteezy x pinoy732 x lyonbc1 x sneakerpimp2k8 x robin thicke (instagram) x sarteaga0408 x freshfeet x illmatickal x stixx

Last edited:
Does this count as dressing better?

ksteezy x pinoy732 x lyonbc1 x sneakerpimp2k8 x robin thicke (instagram) x sarteaga0408 x freshfeet x illmatickal x stixx
Just read the spoiler. Looking like a DJ Khaled remix line up.

I'm salty SoCal cats ain't down to do this, man.

excellent summer fit Wis
Thanks, G. I'm just trying to get the most wears from my gear. I haven't worn these pants in over a year...trying to profit before I eventually gain weight and they no longer fit :lol:

PS I love dressing like this especially when I roll to day clubs with the homies...everyone else is in jogger pants, Jordans and such. I stand out like crazy...folks assume I'm the DD or something.

Anybody else here simplifying their style as they get older?

I'm only 23 and have narrowed down to a bare-bones wardrobe. Usual fit is dark chinos with slip-ons.

I'm only 23 and have narrowed down to a bare-bones wardrobe. Usual fit is dark chinos with slip-ons.
simplify and diversify.

23 ain't older, bro :lol: You're probably one of the youngest cats in here.

It goes in cycles. For me:
sold all of my kicks back towards the tail end of undergrad (2007-08).
Was rocking Vans, Chucks, and basic pieces while I was losing weight (08-09).
This was when the OG thread was started and I wanted to have grown up clothes...wanted to keep simple yet versatile pieces, word to GQ's sometimes ill advices (09-10).
Got a professional job and started browsing on StyleForum...$500 shoes became the norm and started branching out (10-12).
Got back into retro Jordans and others for nostalgia purposes (13-14).
Realized it was getting out of control so sold the kicks (14).
Trying not to waste bread too much so I keep a simple aesthetic that fits me best (currently).

If you look at what you wore just 3-4 years ago, I'm sure it's different. It will most likely be different to a degree 3-4 years from now. This is of course assuming you're into fashion.

When Adrian first started in the thread, he was all menswear and thrifting. Folks hated on him for wearing a suit to eat toast and bacon at Denny's. He was wearing sneakers with jeans with no break. Fast forward now, he's rocking St. Laurent shoes with jeans that have 3" stacks :lol:

I'm 22.. But yeah I've always kept it simple.

Tan, gray, navy blue chinos and different dress shirts with DBs.
Just alternate through the week and never have to worry about it :lol:

i was asking a couple of the DBNT guys this the other day,

what sneaker do you wish you held on to?

i was asking a couple of the DBNT guys this the other day,

what sneaker do you wish you held on to?
None, b.

That's how Nike gets you. I wanted the black toe 13s because I never got them in the 7th grade. Once they went on sale for $120, I couldn't find my size so I got the first Jumpman joints that Eddie Jones wore at $100 instead. Then I started copping other models I loved as a kid. I sold them all and regret nothing.

this guy lol.

i miss my 01 BC IIIs.

however I would not cop again if they dropped.

AJ1s are the only jordans that really fit my wardrobe these days

this guy lol.

i miss my 01 BC IIIs.

however I would not cop again if they dropped.

AJ1s are the only jordans that really fit my wardrobe these days
It's true. I woke up one day and asked myself where this was going. I was buying 1-2 pairs a month. I was running out of room again (shoe boxes under bed and all). Said it was a wrap, load up the kicks in the car and drove to RIF LA to be sold. Never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom