Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Looking to cop a few new dress shirts for work. Looking for a low cost and spread collar. Any help will be appreciated, Zara has provided 2 shirts that I digg. Any others would be helpful.

Charles Tyrwhitt usually have sales that bring their shirts down pretty cheap. Wouldn't pay over 50 for them honestly but I like them. Get the Extra slim fit

how slim are brook brother's extra slim dress shirt? I have a kent wang one and I love how slim they are since im a small dude.

only problem is kent wang is a little too expensive for me so i need an alternative.

I remember I wore a pair of DB's to a theme park a few years ago and it was one of the worst decisions of my life. :lol: I had just bought them and they were comfortable, so I said "why not"? :smh:

I could barely walk back to the car after being at the park all day.

DB's kill my arches for some reason. It's funny because I remember seeing people harping on their comfort because of the crepe soles. Wore them in Chicago walking around downtown and haven't worn them since.
This is where I think people make bad choices. Why would you wear DBS to a theme park? Why would you wear them to walk around Chicago. Be specific and wear appropriate items for the event. They are great for casual use, but definitely not for extended walking. This also goes for most dress or casual shoes.

I thought DB's are supposed to be everyday shoes that are cool for walking around in? Or nah.
Everyday shoes yes, but they don't market them for heavy treks across the city. Find a shoe that does. Comfortable for a night out or a day of work yes.
Heavy treks across the city, huh? :lol:

Alright man, I will make sure I "find a shoe that does". Thanks ...

Last edited:
Nice! Yeah after wearing a pair of AEs to one of my interviews and walking around in them I noticed they ran a bit narrow...Maybe I'll throw an insole into a pair. Thanks for the suggestion!
if you really want comfort, look into Ecco and Geox...

Ecco's are kind of ugly (sans 2 or 3 models) but i know a few people who swore by them and Geox has some nice looking ones...

Im gonna visit Uniqlo tomorrow with no expectations. Didn't realize it's basically tri state and California location wise. Ppl want what they can't easily have, maybe that's the appeal in here.

They are just good basics, less trendy version of J Crew at a more affordable Made in China price. Do not expect more than that and you'd be good.

Guess you summed it up. I have not been there in a long time. I need some fall stuff. I just remember it being like japanese GAP. Comparing to J Crew seems generous.

I see a lot more JCrew in it that Gap, it's youthful and more basic and they ***** the hell out of shirt patterns. :lol: Quality is also better than Gap, can't say if it's better than JCrew but fit is closer to JCrew slim stuff than Gap I thought.

There wasn't much outerwear/fall selection in the store I visited so hope you have more luck with the stores in your area.

personally, i love uniqlo. like rfx said, it's great for basics. best thing about them is their prices. nothing in the store (even at reg. prices) is too expensive. so on any given day, you can walk in there to cop stuff without spending a fortune.

For all you cats praising Clark's DBs for their comfort, where do you live?

I live in NYC and walk a lot every day, and I love DBs for their look, but it definitely is not the business walking around in them all day.

I've only tried on a pair of bushacres but the lacing system for them suck. Only a few laceholes so you can't even tie them tight. My foot moved around them too much and didn't like how loose the boot was around the ankle.

Im gonna visit Uniqlo tomorrow with no expectations. Didn't realize it's basically tri state and California location wise. Ppl want what they can't easily have, maybe that's the appeal in here.

Yeah I was surprised at how geeked people were in here when a uniqlo location was opening near them. New stuff is exciting.

I think people just love to see alternatives in general, especially slim fitting clothes at a really affordable price. Before you are kind of stuck with H&M crappy quality and Zaras more expensive yet still crappy quality.

Uniqlo seems decent enough for the price, definitely felt like a more quality product over those two (though I can't be sure with their longevity) and it isn't fast fashion oriented.

I would have loved to have these stores readily available 10-12 years ago.

the only non-sneaker that ive found (so far, not that ive tested many out) that are comfortable enough to REALLY walk around in are my nubuck sperrys ... ive worn them on 3 mile walks across the city (DC), which i will usually do once or twice a week (relaxes me)

only problem ive had was the back of my ankle chafing from rubbing against the back of the shoe (has happened in sneaks as well)...

Last edited:
When I got the DB's, I just always heard they were really comfortable. I just assumed they would be okay to walk in all day. *shrug* :lol:

DB Bros,

I just took an IT position where I will be doing a lot of walking. I will be required to wear suits and I need some recommendations for dressy shoes with preferably rubber soles that will be comfortable to walk around in. I would like them to look nice (along the lines of a pair of AE fifth aves or mcallisters) but I will likely be beating them up from walking/bad weather use outdoors.

I am considering getting one or both of these pairs of boots from JC Penney since they have rubber soles and look very similar to the styles I am looking for, albeit in a boot form. Although, since they are boots maybe they will not be too great for walking around extensively in.

Thanks.

See if you can find a pair of AE x Brooks Brothers Macneils from the AE outlets. They have an insole and have rubber soles.

Sperry topsiders's soles provide no comfort. Whatsoever.

You outchea walking on marshmallow fields b?

Sperry topsiders's soles provide no comfort. Whatsoever.

You outchea walking on marshmallow fields b?
laugh.gif
  iono why but they work for me for some reason...Toms too...

ive never had support issues or anything...i live in DC, and will walk from Foggy Bottom to Union Station (3.2 miles, according to Google maps) once a week...

sperry topsiders are terrible for comfort imo. i wore them out to vegas one time, and just walking minimally on the strip etc. killed my feet.

Sperrys are definitely uncomfortable, might as well just throw on some Roshes or Flyknits and call it a day, idk what casual sneaker is so comfortable to where I could walk around in them for blocks or miles.

I've been to Vegas and walked back and forth the strip for an hour or two at a times in my Lanvins, Guccis, Margielas, Pradas, Balenciaga, etc... without a problem.

I usually walk in leather soled shoes and boots so anything rubber just feels good. Worst comes to worst I always have a pair of Jack Purcells (has more cushions than chucks) stashed in my cars in case my feet hurts or it rains or whatever.

I have a black/white event this weekened to attend for a friend's birthday at a Club .. I have a black suit but it's a bit big on me since I lost weight. You guys Think I can sneak in a dark navy suit, white shirt, black tie & shoes and no one will notice? lol I mean it is a night club .. or go pay the tailor today to get my black suit taken in .. trying to save a few dollars since I'm expecting soon :D

yall really digging uniqlo's quality? I've got a few pieces from them and the only one I still love is my trench coat. The sleeve lengths of their shirts are TERRIBLE and quite frankly I think H & M fits better and has better quality. Sometimes Uniqlo is WAY to basic also.

yall really digging uniqlo's quality? I've got a few pieces from them and the only one I still love is my trench coat. The sleeve lengths of their shirts are TERRIBLE and quite frankly I think H & M fits better and has better quality. Sometimes Uniqlo is WAY to basic also.
I mean, you go to Uniqlo for basics. Sleeve lengths can be a little shaky, but no way is H&M a better fit or quality IMO. 

Back
Top Bottom