Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Since we're on the topic of ties...

Do you have a go to brand for ties?

I know people hate him, but I love the feel and weight of Donald Trump ties.

Hermes, Ferragamo, Brioni, Yves Saint Laurent, Battistoni, Paul Stuart, Turnbull & Asser, BVLGARI, Brooks Brothers, Valentino, Kent Wang, Marinella, Vineyard Vines.

Also, those ties from the Bloomingdales Men's Shop aren't so bad either.

Last edited:
I haven't bought clothes in months but have easily spent the same amount if not more on new golf equipment lol

I just made my first purchases in regards to clothes in about 1-2 months (outside of Carmina Fitzgerald from Epaulet's Santa Monica closing. Bought two shorts from J. Crew Factory for $10 each and a short sleeve button up/down for $20 as well as a POW Indochino suit.

Otherwise money is going to my wife's and I babymoon aka last vacation before the baby...booked this past week and baby stuff.

I was at the basketball arena for season ticket thing, and stopped by team store. Wanted some new Hornets gear lol

I wouldn't classify team gear as db lol. You should be ok. Cop to your heart's content

THIS!

Hermes, Ferragamo, Brioni, Yves Saint Laurent, Battistoni, Paul Stuart, Turnbull & Asser, BVLGARI, Brooks Brothers, Valentino, Kent Wang, Marinella, Vineyard Vines.

so you're spending $100+ per tie with no issue?

I just think that's hard to do

For anybody looking for ocbd, uniqlo weekly promotions make them $19.90 each with free shipping orders over $50.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featur...ord-slim-fit-long-sleeve-shirt-088587.html#62
Theres no issues with wearing these under a suit right? Google has it split 50/50.

Now if I could find something else to buy cause I only want two.

Like 80% of my ties are Brooks Brothers currently, but I'm done buying them. I need slimmer ties. J.Crew and TheTieBar are where I get ties from now.
If you are bout it, go Conrad Wu.

www.conradwu.com
I wish I was about this life.

Last edited:
CW is that damb move.

Quite comparable to Drake's but for a lower price point. Quality is amazing and Conrad himself inspects every single tie before they ship. I plan on gifting a few to close friends this year.

I'd add Drake's as mentioned above. Ralph Lauren Black Label as well.

How slim is too slim for jeans? I know it's a subjective question but I'm curious what you guys think. I've been pushing it lately, wearing some pretty slim jeans.

Last edited:
For anybody looking for ocbd, uniqlo weekly promotions make them $19.90 each with free shipping orders over $50.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/featur...ord-slim-fit-long-sleeve-shirt-088587.html#62
Theres no issues with wearing these under a suit right? Google has it split 50/50.

Like 80% of my ties are Brooks Brothers currently, but I'm done buying them. I need slimmer ties. J.Crew and TheTieBar are where I get ties from now.
If you are bout it, go Conrad Wu.

www.conradwu.com
I wish I was about this life.
Would probably work for most people outside of this thread or for a casual suit. But it is a very casual shirt. I wouldn't wear it de any business or formal type of wear

Not spending anything on dressing better for 2 months, or else $1000 gets donated to charity of my buddies choosing. Wish me luck

Not spending anything on dressing better for 2 months, or else $1000 gets donated to charity of my buddies choosing. Wish me luck
Is he going to get to look at your bank/credit card/paypal accounts? Cause if not.....

Or you could spend that $1,000 buying me stuff, thats kind of charity :nerd:

Good luck though
Lol. The most important person that would know is yourself.

Good luck, C. I've stopped myself. I actually sold like 10 pieces or so that I rarely or never worn. Feels good. I don't see myself buying anything anymore for a good while since I've strictly adopted one aesthetic and got rid of the bball sneaks.

CW is that damb move.

Quite comparable to Drake's but for a lower price point. Quality is amazing and Conrad himself inspects every single tie before they ship. I plan on gifting a few to close friends this year.
Gift me one, lil bro.

ocbd are mainly worn as a casual shirt but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to wear it with a suit jacket. Maybe the dressing better gawds can chime in with more info.

How slim is too slim for jeans? I know it's a subjective question but I'm curious what you guys think. I've been pushing it lately, wearing some pretty slim jeans.
As long as they don't look like jeggings and fit comfortably well they should look fine.

so you're spending $100+ per tie with no issue?

I just think that's hard to do

Well, yeah :lol:

Not to be an ******* or douche, but it's normal in my office/industry I'm in. Especially when people judge you based on what kind of tie/shoes you're wearing. Perception is reality in this case.

CW is that damb move.

Interested in looking into CW. Will check out more when I get home. Looks promising.

I'd add Drake's as mentioned above. Ralph Lauren Black Label as well.

+1 for mentioning Drake's. Totally forgot about them. I actually have 1 Drake tie and it produces perfect dimples every damn time--Effortless. Never owned RLBL, but heard good things.

Last edited:

All depends on body type, what look your going for, and what you feel most comfortable in. People will give you varying answers.
Some of my jeans have a leg opening of 6.3-6.4 inches with lots of stacking. I like Kanyes style when it comes to denim, so I try to emulate his look.
People might hate but who cares

I wear t-shirts that fit well but I wouldn't say are tight. I can't wear pants that are so slim that it makes my shirts look big, not proportioned kinda thing.

:lol: but seriously... What is a tie dimple though? And what's a good one look like? Never heard of that before just now.

Back
Top Bottom