Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Girls who think they are doing with MK anything...period.
Some of their outfits are really nice. A couple of the girls I know have MK purses. They're not deep into fashion and have no desire to own top tier brands. I have no issues with that.

Some of their outfits are really nice. A couple of the girls I know have MK purses. They're not deep into fashion and have no desire to own top tier brands. I have no issues with that.

Agreed, hell I enter the MK store at times just to look t the employees at times.

My thing is with some of these females who post their MK sandals on social media and think they doing it big.

I think LongChamp makes nice women bags :\

Whenever I get back into something serious that store is going to be my Go-To

I notice from every pic thats posted in there that no one has button collars for their dress shirts , guessing thats a no-no? Not really fond of them to begin with, but it just was something that I always noticed when looking at peoples shirts.

Last edited:
I don't even worry about who's trying to "do it". We were all kids once. At one point we all thought we were cool doing silly stuff or wearing asinine clothing. I try to break bread with whoever, whether they're sporting a Birkin or coach bag.

I think LongChamp makes nice women bags
ohwell.gif

I notice from every pic thats posted in there that no one has button collars for their dress shirts , guessing thats a no-no? Not really fond of them to begin with, but it just was something that I always noticed when looking at peoples shirts.
I don't disagree with you on the Longchamp bags, a lot of my female friends have them for daily use and then take out their more expensive bags when they go out. This bag is the staple young-woman in finance bag

Never been a big fan of oxford shirts for work. I think it's more of a generational gap, the more senior Partners / PMs at my firm wear them all the time, typically with a blazer and khakis  

Last edited:
If the broad is 28 sure mang.

My girl is 21 with an MK, and I ain't got no worries. Then again, she doesn't flaunt it like she's doing it either. I'll cop her a Louis, after I cop my first bespoke. Or maybe come her graduation or something.

If the broad is 28 sure mang.

My girl is 21 with an MK, and I ain't got no worries. Then again, she doesn't flaunt it like she's doing it either. I'll cop her a Louis, after I cop my first bespoke. Or maybe come her graduation or something.

I feel this. Can't hold it against them at a young age. My girl is 20, working an unpaid internship this summer, and applying for retail jobs all over. She appreciates that "I like the finer things" as she puts it and she dresses really well but the only time she can cop clothes, purses, etc... is when her mom takes her shopping. She's got like three solid internships under her belt already though and goes to an Ivy, graduating with no debt so I'm sure she'll be treating herself to "the finger things" when she graduates and gets a job. She's got the taste, just not the money. I actually told her she was gonna be my sugar mama when she graduates, she was not pleased :lol: She rocks with a Kate Spade right now. I think that's $200-300 range. I told her that it was entry level and she should be in the $600-1,200 range at least but then I remembered she still a broke college student.

My ex had the Chanel, Gucci, Louis and the habits discussed above. The signs were there all along I should've known :smh:. I was just as bad as her actually but I'm not about that life any more though.

Last edited:

No buttons looks much cleaner when you're wearing a tie IMO. Button down collars seem more casual. It doesn't really matter though and I wouldn't say they are a no-no. Mix it up.

Longchamp isn't so bad, because girls know where it stands within the handbag hierarchy. MK is a different story, because some girls actually believe it's the equivalent to Hermes, LV, Celine etc

Button down collars is more of a preference thing for most people. For me, I only wear button down collars in casual setting. Seldomly will I ever wear a button down collar to work. Besides, once you start using brass collar stays for your shirts, it's impossible to ever wear button down collars to work.

I don't disagree with you on the Longchamp bags, a lot of my female friends have them for daily use and then take out their more expensive bags when they go out. This bag is the staple young-woman in finance bag

Never been a big fan of oxford shirts for work. I think it's more of a generational gap, the more senior Partners / PMs at my firm wear them all the time, typically with a blazer and khakis  

Usually I see a lot of young girls who start out in finance buying the LV Never Full as their first bag. You'd be surprised how often you'll see a High School girl in NYC with a Longchamp.

I wear Oxford shirts, but only during casual Fridays. Funny thing is, I usually wear them with Khakis and a Blazer as well :lol:

Last edited:
Longchamp bags for girls back in my HS was everywhere. Pretty much every girl that didn't use a backpack either had longchamp or something more expensive

No buttons looks much cleaner when you're wearing a tie IMO. Button down collars seem more casual. It doesn't really matter though and I wouldn't say they are a no-no. Mix it up.

I have done a handful of times but now I am realizing that the J.Crew baby collar button downs look off with a suit. If you are seriously bout button down life, cop something with an American Roll collar. Peep something like Kamakura.

http://kamakurashirts.com/collection/pc6217_21/

Those big @#$ button down collars are too damn...I don't know how to describe it. Something Carlton from Fresh Prince would wear with relaxed fit khaki pants and loafers with socks? I wouldn't be caught dead in those :lol:

Last edited:
Those big @#$ button down collars are too damn...I don't know how to describe it. Something Carlton from Fresh Prince would wear with relaxed fit khaki pants and loafers with socks? I wouldn't be caught dead in those :lol:
To each their own. A few cats on blogs I follow rock em. I have considered but wanna try their spread/cutaway joints first

I have done a handful of times but now I am realizing that the J.Crew baby collar button downs look off with a suit. If you are seriously bout button down life, cop something with an American Roll collar. Peep something like Kamakura.

http://kamakurashirts.com/collection/pc6217_21/
+1 for Kamakura shirts in general :pimp: , they're my go to shirts for work; top notch customer service in-store as well
I think next time I'm in NYC (maybe this weekend) I'll head there and see what fit I should be rolling with. Very much have the interests.

Back
Top Bottom