Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My two CW's.

Peep the dimple Henny

All depends on body type, what look your going for, and what you feel most comfortable in. People will give you varying answers.
Some of my jeans have a leg opening of 6.3-6.4 inches with lots of stacking. I like Kanyes style when it comes to denim, so I try to emulate his look.
People might hate but who cares
Stacking looks good with tapered inseam like that.

I prefer 7" to 7.5" for normal slim pants including jeans but I don't have that excessive stacking look.

Re: dimple, I think it's easier to obtain on thicker ties or at lest more pronounced. Of course the material has to do a lot with it, as well as construction.

Pretty menswear stuff, right up there with shoulder pinching issue on jackets.

Last edited:
Hank,

You should post outfits, man. Sounds like you're menswear all the time :pimp:

Hank,

You should post outfits, man. Sounds like you're menswear all the time :pimp:

I'm in Menswear 4-5 days out of 7. I would post pictures, but I'd have to cut off my face. Much like what I did up top.

Besides, I don't know how to take whole body selfies like some of you guys. It looks like an art :lol:

I'm in Menswear 4-5 days out of 7. I would post pictures, but I'd have to cut off my face. Much like what I did up top.

Besides, I don't know how to take whole body selfies like some of you guys. It looks like an art :lol:
Why cut the face? We already have RFX! :lol:

You can lean your phone on something and use a self timer app.

I just stand my phone up on it's side and give myself 10 seconds on the TimerCam app.
Use the back cam, hold up right with ,my hand on the side (lean against computer monitor if needed), and click the Up Volume button.

C'mon rooks.

Last edited:
Use the back cam, hold up right with ,my hand on the side (lean against computer monitor if needed), and click the Up Volume button.

C'mon rooks.

I'm talking about a full body shot.

Did you get anything from the Mr. Porter sale?

Last edited:
Well, yeah
laugh.gif

Not to be an ******* or douche, but it's normal in my office/industry I'm in. Especially when people judge you based on what kind of tie/shoes you're wearing. Perception is reality in this case.
Interested in looking into CW. Will check out more when I get home. Looks promising.
+1 for mentioning Drake's. Totally forgot about them. I actually have 1 Drake tie and it produces perfect dimples every damn time--Effortless. Never owned RLBL, but heard good things.
I would also add that they're typically a good investment, you may not be able to fit that same suit in 10 years but you sure can wear that tie
laugh.gif

I bought dozens of ties in my first 2-3 years post-undergrad but I hardly wear them anymore, I may be in the minority (actually maybe not in this thread) but I've always preferred to wear a tie vs. no tie with a suit. In my current role I would be looked at strange if I wore a tie every day so I've had to adjust. 

In addition to the ties mentioned already, I really like Celine ties, it's a great choice for those who like tie prints similar to Ferragamo and Hermes but without having the exact same tie as everyone in the office 

DB, where can I get a decent pair of loafers with a nice slim silhouette? 

I want da Adrian Air Aiden joints but I can't find that color anymore. Looking to spend ~$200 - preferably less as these would be for going out in. 

Last edited:
DB, where can I get a decent pair of loafers with a nice slim silhouette? 

I want da Adrian Air Aiden joints but I can't find that color anymore. Looking to spend ~$200 - preferably less as these would be for going out in. 

I found my pair at Nordstrom Rack for a $90 about a year ago. Cole Haan has a very similar silhouette to the Air Aiden, it's the Air Hudson (http://www.colehaan.com/hudson-penn...olor=Dark Brown#cgid=sale_mens_shoes&start=33). Anything slimmer I would look into Carmina or these Jack Erwin joints posted by dappered.com yesterday: http://www.jackerwin.com/products/abe-penny-loafer-dark-brown-suede

I would also add that they're typically a good investment, you may not be able to fit that same suit in 10 years but you sure can wear that tie :lol:  

I bought dozens of ties in my first 2-3 years post-undergrad but I hardly wear them anymore, I may be in the minority (actually maybe not in this thread) but I've always preferred to wear a tie vs. no tie with a suit. In my current role I would be looked at strange if I wore a tie every day so I've had to adjust. 

In addition to the ties mentioned already, I really like Celine ties, it's a great choice for those who like tie prints similar to Ferragamo and Hermes but without having the exact same tie as everyone in the office 

Celine tie are actually kind of nice. I've came across a few here and there and never pulled the trigger. When I think of Celine, I think of those handbags with the protruding sides. Usually you'll see super slim blonde chicks who are down to snort a few lines and then pop a molly later that night with those bags :lol:

The one's I have seen are quite nice though.

Last edited:
I totally forgot to mention ties from Eton yesterday. I bought a few last year and they're absolutely fabulous ties. The print on their ties are different, but very subtle.

Last edited:
Celine tie are actually kind of nice. I've came across a few here and there and never pulled the trigger. When I think of Celine, I think of those handbags with the protruding sides. Usually you'll see super slim blonde chicks who are down to snort a few lines and then pop a molly later that night with those bags
laugh.gif

The one's I have seen are quite nice though.
I know exactly what you mean 
laugh.gif

There's an ongoing observation between my friends and I regarding women's bags and their vices 

Longchamp, Michael Kors = Cranberry + Vodka 

Real LV, Gucci = Cocktails or Wine 

Chanel, Celine = Lines 

Hermes = 

I know exactly what you mean :lol:

There's an ongoing observation between my friends and I regarding women's bags and their vices 

Longchamp, Michael Kors = Cranberry + Vodka 
Real LV, Gucci = Cocktails or Wine 
Chanel, Celine = Lines 
Hermes = 

It seems like the more $$$ the bag is, the harder the drug :lol:

At the girls who think they're doing with the MK bags though :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom